Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
|Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:35 am Post subject: Unwaking Bestiary
|There's some mighty odd critters runnin' around the Unwaking. Here are just a few of the things you ought to expect.
A Change Ox is, speakin' in general terms, a large, grass-eating animal with long tusks it uses to defend itself. Like all changebeasts, it changes in different kinds of land, gaining thick fur, scales, or even fins, as the situation calls.
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d4, Notice d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 11
• Tusk slash: Str+d6.
• Gore: Change Oxen can use a charge maneuver to gore their opponents with their long tusks. If they can move at least 6” before attacking, they add +4 to their damage total.
• Size +3: Change Oxen are large creatues.
• Adaptation: In general, Change Oxen become adapted to their surroundings. This gives them the ability to withstand the climate of a given terrain (heat in the desert, cold in tundra) and to eat what food's available. In addition, they gain the following abilities in the appropriate terrains:
• "Aquatic:" In a Waterless Sea, Change Oxen gain the ability to "swim" short distances. They can move through the air at their movement, but will always try to end up on solid ground. As well, change oxen take no falling damage in this terrain.
• Crystal Carapace: In Crystal Forests, change oxen gain a hard layer of crystal, giving them +2 armor.
• Cutting Edges: In Fleshlands, Change Oxen become carnivorous. Their tusks become sharper and more dangerous. They roll a d8 on a raise instead of a d6.
• Nimble Legs: On Floating Islands, Change Oxen have d8 agility.
Mountainborn, or Dream Children as the Longwalkers call 'em, come down from the mountains. They aren't made of flesh, 'least ways no kind you're used to. They've got no bones, no muscles, nothing that a normal animal or person does. When you cut 'em up, they look an' smell like bread dough that's gone far wrong. However, they can look just like anyone they like that's near their size.
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6,
Strength d10, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Stealth d6, Throwing d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
• Dreamer's Eye: Halves penalties for poor light vs. conscious targets.
• Dough Bodies: Mountainborn are not subject to extra damage from called shots. However, a called shot to a limb that at least shakes the Mountainborn removes that limb.
• Fearless: Mountainborn are immune to fear and intimidation.
• Invulnerability: Mountainborn can't be truly harmed by anything but fire. They can be torn apart, but nothing but fire will actually kill one.
• Shapechange: Allows Mountainborn to assume the form of any Size -1 to Size +1 humanoid creature. It does not gain any special abilities associated with that form (including size bonuses or penalties).
• Slow Regeneration: Mountainborn make a natural healing roll once a day. A successful roll can either heal wounds or regrow a lost limb.
• Tearing Fingers: Str+d6