Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointing (rant warning)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronin3338
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Disappointing (rant warning) Reply with quote

I like the game concept, and even the simple play (reminds a bit of the old InfoCom games).

However, I don't think I'll play anymore till these things are addressed:
1 - It glitches... a lot. Probably about every third time I want to play, I can't because something has to be resolved.
2 - Not user friendly. The rules say that if I lose an Ally, I can go recruit them again, but it doesn't say that you can't if you've changed your Social Standing. Also, in combat, even though I have melee weapons it will sometimes apply damage from my fists instead, and nothing explains why.
3 - Limited options. There are only a few quests, and most combinations of ingredients yield no results.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the game, but I like the "real" Rippers, so I had very high hopes.
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I agree with you on all those points and more. I quit the game a couple weeks ago. After finding myself STUCK at 9th level for about 4 weeks, I gave up.
Viscount Fox
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappointing (rant warning) Reply with quote

ronin3338 wrote:
I like the game concept, and even the simple play (reminds a bit of the old InfoCom games).

However, I don't think I'll play anymore till these things are addressed:
1 - It glitches... a lot. Probably about every third time I want to play, I can't because something has to be resolved.
2 - Not user friendly. The rules say that if I lose an Ally, I can go recruit them again, but it doesn't say that you can't if you've changed your Social Standing. Also, in combat, even though I have melee weapons it will sometimes apply damage from my fists instead, and nothing explains why.
3 - Limited options. There are only a few quests, and most combinations of ingredients yield no results.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the game, but I like the "real" Rippers, so I had very high hopes.

Permit me to reply, even though I have not played Rippers on FB very long.

1. - This is a typical Facebook Problem and happens often, not only with Rippers.

2. I have found it advisable to put all the Allies who give you money in the not in party slot. Those you sacrifice, as you found out, will not return after you Social Standing changes. But that doesn't really matter, because later on you will get Allies that give you more Points. Since then I have just ground my teeth, taken the damage and taken a break from playing for a couple of hours.

I have also found, I deal more damage with my fists then with an equipped melee weapon. I opted instead to keep my missle weapons even in close combat, because they give me +5 to speed each and that comes in handier than the power bonus I would get from a melee weapon since I am usually the Active Combatant. I just beat them to a pulp slowly but steady (instead of fast und furious Cool )

3. Options have to be limited by necessity. I have found out about 15 Rippertech Recipies by now w/o looking on this forum, which ones are out there. Besides getting XP for failed experiments is fun too.

Of course a game like this can never achive "true" Rippers feeling, but personally I think it is a nice way if you have a little time to spare.

And I am looking forward to the next "real" Rippers session here on Sunday. It will be lightyears better than playing it on FB, but in the meantime I grab what Rippers I can. Wink

Best Regards
Lord Percival Fox
Viscount Warwick
Agent_Templar
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Viscount Fox

Actually, Rippers has been glitching so much lately that at times it is unplayable. True, many of the crappier FB games glitch a lot too, but there are plenty of games that are just as complex which manage to be more stable.
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very true.

We had a lot of trouble with the gaming slowing down just recently, with the result that it would time out more often than not. After much searching, we tracked down the problem and we hope to have rectified it. The game should be more stable again now, and we will at last return to the task of making our long-planned improvements.

Apologies to those who struggled to play through the glitchiness, we hope that this was a temporary problem and we can gt back to building on and improving the game.

Thanks

Simon
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's the cold; affecting servers or affecting my ISP or something else; but the past 2 days, the glitches have been terrible. I've played 9 different games and only 1 had glitches similiar to the rippers glitch.
The pages either don't completely refresh, or refresh with errors on the page.
I've successfully created ripper tech and not received the item when the glitch happened.
It happens in combat, or just switching pages.

Only Mafia Wars had the similiar problem, but not as often and seemed to quit after a couple days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: