Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skills question.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dylan S
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a house rule around Taunt and Intimidate in combat, since according to the book they work exactly the same (and that seemed weird). The rule is this: if a taunted opponent was going to randomly decide which PC to attack next round, he will go after the taunter instead. If an intimidated opponent was going to randomly decide who to attack next round, he will exclude the intimidator from his choices. I brewed this rule up because a friend of mine wanted to "tank" enemies in combat.
FoxBlue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't work exactly the same, taunt targets smarts and intimidate targets spirit. It definitely makes a difference when you are fighting a very willful yet stupid barbarian or a depressed genius.

Also you can have the opponents react to tests of will as you wish. A taunted enemy might charge the character provoking him while the intimidated character would stand back, but this is a role playing effect rather than a mechanical one and depends on the specific intimidation or taunt.

Drew!

Drew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: