Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Savage Census
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Random Answers from Clint (Roll a d6)
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Varies
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
A long time
14%
 14%  [ 13 ]
Not too long ago
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Reply Hazy (Try Again Later)
39%
 39%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 87

JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Inspired by the great numbers of new Savages who've joined the forum recently, and the occasional lament over the lack of a propper place to introduce themselves, I found it was about time to hold a Savage Census again.

Not only does the Census allow new members to make themselves known, it's also an opportunity for the veterans to introduce themselves to the newbies.

This kind of thing has been done on this forum before, but it's been quite a while since the last time (and that thread has long since dropped off the board).

To participate in the Census, simply quote or copy the following Questions and add in your answers:

Hometown, Nation:

Marital Status:

Kids?:

Pets?:

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying):

Favorite Music:

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.:

Playing RPGs since:

Playing Savage Worlds since:

Player or GM?:

RPGs played so far:

Favorite RPG:

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing:

How did you get into Roleplaying?

Savage Worlds is cool because...:

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?:
Savage Jason
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Eugene, Oregon, USA

Marital Status: Attached

Kids?: 0

Pets?: 1 cat

Hobbies (besides Roleplaying): Bike riding, reading, mini painting

Favorite Music: Melodic death metal

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Movie: Fallen, Book: Game of Thrones, Video Game: Chrono Trigger

Playing RPGs since: 1994

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2005

Player or GM?: Mostly GM

RPGs played so far: Savage Worlds, D&D, HERO System, In Nomine, White Wolf, Rifts, Mechwarrior, 7th Sea

Favorite RPG: Necropolis

RPG you wouldn't be caught dead playing: Rifts (System, not setting)

How did you get into Roleplaying?: Asked my step-dad to buy me a basic D&D set when I was 11.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: Good for on-the-fly decisions, swift character generation, flexible setting uses, and essentially anything you need in an RPG.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?:

Mike Shipley, 1984 to 2008, creator of Angel City

"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb." - G Rodriguez
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Bremen, Germany

Marital Status: Available

Kids?: None that I know of

Pets?: Do Teddy Bears count?

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Warhammer 40,000, Board Games, Computer Games

Favorite Music: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Light Gothic, Al Yankovic

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Star Wars, CSI, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, GTA

Playing RPGs since: 8th Grade (that was in 1991)

Playing Savage Worlds since: I bought the First Printing Rulebook, but didn't get to actually play until late in 2006.

Player or GM?: Mostly Player. The RunePunk campaign I'm GMing is currently on hold, but I hope to get it moving again soon.

RPGs played so far: DSA, PP&P, AD&D 2nd ed., Classic Deadlands, Savage Worlds

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: D&D

How did you get into Roleplaying?: After I flunked 8th grade and hed to repeat the year, in the new class I was sent to there where these two guys who played this weird sort of game where you make up characters and guide them through adventures...
One of them was the one now known around here as Noshrok Grimskull.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: The rules get the hell outa my way and let me play the way I want to.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Heck, if I knew, I wouldn't have forgotten them, now, would I?
starwars1138
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: I live in the Atlanta area now, but being an Army brat, I'm from all over. I call Ohio my home state though I've never lived there (all my family is from there). GO BUCKEYES!

Marital Status: Recently remarried

Kids?: none yet

Pets?: 3 cats (Eddie, Fatty and Short Bus)

Occupation: Network Admin - hope to be a History teacher in the next 5 years or so.

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Computer games (Sid Meier's Pirates!, Rome: Total War are my two current favorites), military history, reading and movies.

Favorite Music: Mostly 80's rock - AC/DC, Van Halen. I do enjoy others but hard rock is my preferred genre.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Star Wars original trilogy, good war movies (meaning Saving Private Ryan and NOT Pearl Harbor). I loved Dave Duncan's Blade books. Don't read much fiction these days but I loved Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire and Virtues of War.

Playing RPGs since: 1993? I messed around with some original D&D stuff when I was very young but I won't say that I was a gamer then. I wanted to, just never got a chance.

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2005?

Player or GM?: Both. I enjoy GMing SW as much as I enjoy playing it.

RPGs played so far: AD&D 2nd Edition, 3.0 and 3.5. Star Wars D6, D20. And now Savage Worlds almost exclusively.

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Hmmm... I'm not into Vampires at all and I can't relate to LARPing much. I hope I never HAVE to play D20 again but if a close friend wants to run it and won't budge, I'd probably still play it.

How did you get into Roleplaying? As I said before, the interest had been there since age 13 I guess (after reading a Dragonlance novel) but I didn't get to actually DO it until years later. I found some local gamers on the old BBS systems (before the internet) and got involved in a group that was forming. Two of those people from that group are probably some of my oldest and best friends. We don't game together anymore but we are still close.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: Its easy and as someone recently said, it gives gaming back to the gamer. Its a very flexible system and the rules are less a burden and more an asset. AND the community is fantastic. Savage Worlds players tend to be people that I can relate to and have things in common with. We often fall into the same age group and we are often at similar points in our lives. I also admire the business model that PEG uses and the fact that they are still making a profit when so many others aren't. So yeah... I'm a fanboy!
"Because I'm pretty?"
"Because you're pretty."
ThatBlastedSamophlange
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Hamilton, Ontario - Canada

Marital Status: Single and looking.

Kids?: nope

Pets?: 1 cat

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Reading, writing,

Favorite Music: Pretty much listen to everything, though my favorite band is KMFDM, so I guess industrial.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Movie = Evil Dead II, Book = Good Omens, Video Game = Planescape Torment (not for mechanics, just for plot.

Playing RPGs since: Some time in the 90's

Playing Savage Worlds since: January 2008

Player or GM?: I like playing, but sadly have to GM far too often.

RPGs played so far: Savage Worlds, Palladium, d20, AD&D 2nd ed, White wolf, Shadowrun.

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Palladium.. like the settings, not the rules.

How did you get into Roleplaying? Friends were doing it.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It has rekindled my enthusiasm for gaming.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Question not asked? What words of wisdom do you live by?
- A man is as young as the woman he feels
- Always yield to temptation as it may not pass your way again
- You can't look dignified when you're having fun
- Sanity is just a one trick pony. You only get that one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skies the limit!
Boulder
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Chattanooga, TN USA

Marital Status: Happily divorced

Kids?: Nope

Pets?: I got a grandmother

Occupation: Billing Administrator and Community Liason for Talisman Studios

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Pro Wrestling

Favorite Music: Rock (old or new)

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: DragonLance series

Playing RPGs since: 1987

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2004?

Player or GM?: Player mostly

RPGs played so far: D&D (all incarnations), Top Secret, Chill, Savage Worlds (Shaintar), MechWarrior

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds, duh!

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: BESM

How did you get into Roleplaying? Met some dudes who played and they suckered, I mean offered to teach

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It's Fast, Furious, Fun!!!

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Nope, I think you got it.
Our Shop!!!
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Burbank, California (US of A)

Marital Status: Married

Kids?: See the next question...

Pets?: 2 cats, 1 dog (a rescue from Transylvania... seriously...), 1 tortoise.

Occupation: Writer (day-side - TV Promo Writer/Producer, evening - various side projects ranging from scripts to prose to RPG work)

Hobbies (besides Roleplaying): Doctor Who, Boardgames, Miniatures, Model Rocketry

Favorite Music: All over the map (Industrial, 80s New Wave, Goth, Classical, Soundtracks, Ambient/Chill, etc., etc.)

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Number one favorite movie is a tie between 'Alien' and 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark', Books - Huge fan of Frank Herbert, David Gerrold and John Wyndham.

Playing RPGs since: Old blue box D&D... Probably started when I was 9 or 10 (so 1978/1979, perhaps...)

Playing Savage Worlds since: First Edition hardcover.

Player or GM?: A bit of both.

RPGs played so far: In general? The list is too long to put here. Seriously... I'll give you a taste: D&D, AD&D, D&D 3.5, Chill, Time Master, Top Secret, Elric, Palladium, Arcanum, Talislanta, Shadowrun, Call Of Cthulhu, Star Frontiers, Marvel Super Heroes, MasterBook, Paranoia, Toon, Deadlands, Ghostbusters, etc., etc., etc... Playing in a weekly D&D 4E campaign right now and really enjoying it!

Favorite RPG: Deadlands Reloaded, baby!

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: World of Darkness... Blech.

How did you get into Roleplaying?: My folks bought my brother the blue box D&D (the one with the red dragon in the middle and the wizard and knight to either side) back in 1978/1979. Been playing/GMing ever since!

Savage Worlds is cool because...: Well, apart from the whole Fast/Furious/Fun thing, the use of Playing Cards and Bennies (Fate Chips) are just friggin' cool.

Last edited by Ogma on Tue May 05, 2009 11:04 am; edited 6 times in total
~HANZO~
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Montesano WA, USA

Kids?: 2

Pets?: 2 chihuahuas and a few birds.

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): paintball & martial arts

Favorite Music: all kinds.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: a little bit of every thing.

Playing RPGs since: i was about 12yrs old.

Playing Savage Worlds since: I got the rule book.

Player or GM?: Always GM, in 17years iv only played a hand ful of times.

RPGs played so far: man, most all of them. Ill try any game out. I even download a lot of indy and homebrew systems to try now and then.

Favorite RPG: Savage worlds, shadowrun, vampire, GURPS, cyberpunk 2020, AD&D 1e, classic D&D. this list is actually pretty big. But ones I actually GM, is not. Savage worlds is tops right now.

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing:well I refuse to play D&D 3 and 3.5. Although Ill play some other d20 stuff. I find I dont mind d20 stuff when I run it with tru20.

How did you get into Roleplaying? My friend Jeremy taught me how to play back in middle school. Been at it ever since.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It is just enough rules to get the job done then move aside for the roleplaying. Its easy for my players to learn. I like some the settings for it bot liceneese and PEG ones. Although id like to see more licensees on board so we can see more products out there.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: cowboy or ninja? of course.
Of course I believe in god, Only because evolution confuses the hell out of me. I mean if we came from monkeys? Why are there still monkeys? Dont give me "there not smart enough to evolve yet" crap. Have you seen some of the people out there?
jefgodesky
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Kids?: No thanks, just ate.

Pets?: Well, maybe a small one.

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Rewilding (earth or "primitive" skills, hunting and gathering, permaculture, etc.)

Favorite Music: Tuvan throat singing

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Playing a lot more World of Warcraft now that one of my best friends has moved to California; favorite movies include The Fountain and V for Vendetta; Neon Genesis Evangelion made me love anime, Fullmetal Alchemist made me love it even more, and I'm currently hooked on Death Note; as far as reading, I mostly read anthropology. I can't recommend David Abram's Spell of the Sensuous enough.

Playing RPGs since: MiltonBradley's HeroQuest in 1988.

Playing Savage Worlds since: Three weeks ago.

Player or GM?: GM

RPGs played so far: Legend of the Five Rings back in college gave me my best RPG experience to date; even though it's my least favorite, I've played D&D 3.5 the most; and most recently, The Savage World of Solomon Kane.

Favorite RPG: The Savage World of Solomon Kane

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: GURPS Smile

How did you get into Roleplaying? The First Flowering began in 1988 with HeroQuest and snazzy commercials that got me to beg for it for Christmas, followed by obsessive playing. Then that peetered out in high school, but I later experienced a College Renaissance. I've been out of college for five years now, and in that time we've mostly played D&D, but I can see that Solomon Kane might give me that really good role-playing I haven't had in so long.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: it emphasizes the dramatic and keeps the rules light and elegant, while still being "typical" enough to meet persnickety players half-way.
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Bakersfield, California US of A

Marital Status: Divorced

Kids?: I have spawned three Geeklings!

Pets?: A red eared slider {turtle} what lives in a clawfoot tub in my garden. We call him the Great A'tun.

Occupation: Legal file Clerk and looking for something better...

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Juggling {I'm not that good but it's kewl nonetheless}, Drawing {cartooning}, painting, modeling {the plastic ones not the runway ones... Thoe I wouldn't mind having a Run Way one...}, acting, theatre tech, Prop Master, writing, Warhammer 40k {i playz Orksez} Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

Favorite Music: Rachmaninov to Rammstein

Favorite Movies: Cassablanca, The Princess Bride, Maltese Falcon

FavoriteBooks: Treasure Island is my mostest favorite book of all time, then Princess Bride and anything written by Terry Pratchett

Favorite Video Games: Hmmmm... Sid Miere's Pirates, Gun, the Suikoden series {except # 4 that one blew!}

Favorite etc.: Ham & Cehhse Sandwiches

Playing RPGs since: 1998

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2007 {Convert from Deadlands}

Player or GM?: GM. Always the GM. I'd like to play sometime...

RPGs played so far: D&D, Spycraft, Alternaty, Shadow Run, 7th Sea, Buffy, Mutants & Masterminds, Rifts, Swashbuckling Adventures

Favorite RPG: Savabe Worlds and Buffy

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Gurps

How did you get into Roleplaying? I wanted to dispell the 80's stigma that was pounded into my head that said role-playing games were BAD!!!. So's I sat through a game... Well I actually joined the game after five minutes of watching. That friend and I later opened a Game Store together and then went out of business three years later {don't ever go into business with a friend}...

Savage Worlds is cool because...: I didn't have to house rule it to death to make it work!

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Why is the Sky blue? Because if it was green we wouldn't know where to stop mowing.

Last edited by Lord Skudley on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Strickland5
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Gray, Georgia, USA

Marital Status: Semi-attached

Kids?: 0

Pets?: 0

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Costuming, writing, drawing, sleeping

Favorite Music: I'll give anything a listen

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Star Wars (all three areas) and much much more

Playing RPGs since: 1988

Playing Savage Worlds since: The beginning!

Player or GM?: Both

RPGs played so far: D&D (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5rd), ShadowRun, Earth Dawn, Tribe 8, d6 Star Wars, Star Wars Saga, Werewolf, Vampire, Mage, Changeling, Minds Eye Theatre, Abberant, BESM, Alternity, Rifts, TMNT, Everlasting, Hero ... I think I might have missed one but oh well

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: I attempt to try any RPG when given the change.

How did you get into Roleplaying? My eldest brother

Savage Worlds is cool because...: it does anything I want to do

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Cake or death?
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Oberursel, Germany (near Frankfurt/M)

Marital Status: not married but living together the last seven years

Kids?: my own kid is 6 month, her firstborn is nien years old and I learn him roleplaying. Smile

Pets?: 2 Guinea Pigs

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): PC-Games, books and films, playing with kids and baby

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.:
Movies: LotR, Xmen, Star Wars 3...I mean 6.....it will ever be SW3, you young boys didnt understand it. ARGHHHH.....!
Books: Discworld. at the moment Im smitten by a youthbook that I read my son as goodnight Story called Larchlight. Victorian Space Opera!

Playing RPGs since: 1985 I guess

Playing Savage Worlds since: I get word from it before it get released, buyed it as it get released but it was the same time my gaming group dissolves and so I didnt really played it, only a few illlprepared test games.

Player or GM?: I mostly GM

RPGs played so far: DSA, Midgard, Traveller, Ars Magica, Gurps, Gurps:Mage, Gurps:Vampire, D&D,D20modern, D20:Deadlands, Gurps:Deadlands, Runequest, Donjon, Dragonlance:SAGA, Star Wars,PP&P, Space 1880, CoC, PP&P, ERPS
games I played only once or only own the ruebook not counted.

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds, Gurps, Midgard (the last two I didnt played since years, but they are still favorits)

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: dont be silly, anything is playable! The gamemaster counts

How did you get into Roleplaying?
First I read this gamebooks (Analand-Saga and similiar books, dídnt remember the name of the autors, there was 10-20 books).
Later I found a DSA-Solo adventure on flea market, read the first sentences there and detected I need the basic-game Box. detected it on the same fleamarket. Yes, I learned plaing by myself.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: its simple and fast but didnt reduce combat to a simple die roll, but made it exciting.

*Edit:deleted silly qoute error, add more played games!

Last edited by Sadric on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave Blewer
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Colchester, Essex, UK

Marital Status: Soon to be divorced

Kids?: 3

Pets?: a big plastic dragon

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Music, cycling. reading, cinema

Favorite Music: Mostly rock and blues

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Game of Thrones, Dresden Files, hundreds of other books; more movies than I can list here; Shining Force (Farce?). the gold box D&D games, Xcom series. I have recently developed an all consuming passion for World of Warcraft.

Playing RPGs since: I was 11.... Uhm? 1978!!!

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2003, I think? I started with the 1st edition and was one of the first on the forums, at least

Player or GM?: Recently I have mostly been a player, but in the macro scale of things... GM

RPGs played so far: Oh god... Most of them?

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds (duh?), Feng Shui, Call of Cthulhu, Runequest, D&D (despite all it's shortcomings, it holds a special place in my heart), your fsvourite game not listed here

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: FATAL Wink

How did you get into Roleplaying? Saturday morning in 1978 I watched Jason and the Argonauts on TV. I was fascinated with the skeletons. Monday morning at school, someone was trying to get me interested in a game called D&D... I asked if it had skeletons in it... The answer had me hooked Smile

Savage Worlds is cool because... It provides me with income Smile. True answer is that it meets all my writing, playing and GMing needs and challenges.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: What is the plural of bus?
Can you be gruntled?
But, why are they fruit flavoured?

Sundered Skies, a Savage Worlds setting available NOW!
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Bremen, Germany

Marital Status: Single

Kids?: Nope

Pets?: Do Squigs count? Smile

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Reading, Warhammer 40k (Orkz), collecting action figures (Transformers, Star Wars and M.A.S.K.), movies & TV series

Favorite Music: Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, but also Classic and Weird Al, plus assorted other stuff whenever I'm in the mood.

Favorite Movies & TV Series: Maverick, Gettysburg, Star Wars IV - VI, Indiana Jones 1-3, Tank Girl, CSI, Doctor Who, Alias, Firefly

Favorite Books: anything Discworld (particularly Nightwatch), the Gotrek & Felix novels, the Gaunt's Ghosts novels, the Mythos / Cthulhu stories, World War Z, anything Shakespeare, the Star Wars novels, the Dragonlance novels, the Dresden Files novels & I, Strahd

Favorite Video Games: The Fallout series

Playing RPGs since: about summer of 1989

Playing Savage Worlds since: about the same time JackAce started, since we started a group together - so, late 2006 it is.

Player or GM?: Mostly GM nowadays, though I do get a share of player time now and again, too.

RPGs played so far: Uhm... Let's see: AD&D 2nd, PP&P, DSA, Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, Star Wars d6, Paranoia, Phoenix Command (well, a handful of fights, anyway...), Classic Deadlands (Weird West and Hell on Earth) and a homebrew fantasy game.

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds and Classic Deadlands

RPG you wouldn't be caught dead playing: Shadowrun.

How did you get into Roleplaying? Via a friend in school who told me just enough to get me interested - and then I lost contact with him, so I had to teach myself and start my own group.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It doesn't bog me down in tedious chipping-away-at-hitpoints combat. Plus, it is simple yet flexible enough to allow me to just go and run stuff without having to spend hours upon hours of planning just to get stuff "correct".

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..? 42

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Last edited by Noshrok Grimskull on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Shetland, UK

Kids?: No way

Pets?: Nope (do 96+ small bears count?)

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): None

Favorite Music: Heavy Metal

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: 13th Warrior, anything by Akira Kurosawa, The Keep (book), Star Wars movies, Star Wars LEGO

Playing RPGs since: 1982

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2002

Player or GM?: Both, prefer GM

RPGs played so far: About 70 systems. Far too many to list.

Favorite RPG: Apart from Savage Wrods, Star Wars Saga Edition and Warhammer FRP (and DH soon).

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Rude to say, really, but it rhymes with Pollblaster.

How did you get into Roleplaying? Friend got caught reading The Warlock of Firetop Mountain in maths class and we got an offer we couldn't refuse.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: it pays the bills Wink Seriously, it allows me to be creative without becoming bogged down in rules or minutiae.

Wiggy
Chaos Steve
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Indianapolis, Indiana

Marital Status: Married to a lovely woman for...a long time.

Kids?: Yes, 1. No, 2. Wait, where'd these other two come from? Ok, 4. But that's it!

Pets?: Boo, the wonder cat.

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Playing PC games & Playing board games. And anything else that begins with 'Playing'.

Favorite Music: I am partial to new music, usually by female artists. Although my two favorite bands of all time are Steely Dan and Queen. Hmm, that might date me a bit.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Any book written by the late David Gemmell.

Playing RPGs since: 1979.

Playing Savage Worlds since: Since it came out, although it took a few games to convince me. Smile

Player or GM?: Both, but I enjoy playing the most. GMing is hard work, but I love making up the adventures.

RPGs played so far: D&D, AD&D, Tunnels and Trolls, TORG, Space: 1889, Cyperpunk 2020, GURPS, Dark Conspiracy , Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu, Dying Earth, Paranoia, Pandemonium, Toon, and of course Deadlands!

Favorite RPG: Hmmm, tie between Deadlands and Savage Worlds

RPG you wouldn't be caught dead playing: I'm sure there are some I haven't enjoyed or wouldn't enjoy playing, but due to a lack of memory I've forgotten them.

How did you get into Roleplaying? That is lost in the annals of time. (Meaning I don't remember.) One day, I realized I owned the old D&D boxed set and from that point on have been trying to find players to play RPG games.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It's perfect. Well not perfect perfect, but perfect for me.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: I hope not.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.
-- Albert Einstein

Last edited by Chaos Steve on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Vienna, Austria

Kids?: None

Pets?: None

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Movies, history, reading

Favorite Music: I got a pretty wide selection.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: That's hard. Movies: Godfather and The Court Jester. Book: Good Omens.

Playing RPGs since: I was 17 or 18.

Playing Savage Worlds since: it came out.

Player or GM?: Mostly GM, I see some action as a player in online games.

RPGs played so far: Das schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye), Cyberpunk, Midgard, AD&D, Vampire The Masquerade, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Star Wars (d6 Version), Deadlands, Hell on Earth... and a bunch of other stuff I tried once or twice, Wink Never played d20. Not a single session.

Favorite RPG: It used to be Earthdawn, because of the background setting. Lately, the rule system has totally put me off. So now it's Savage Worlds, favorite setting... Evernight will always hold a special place in my heart. Wink

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Rolemaster. Too. Many. Tables.

How did you get into Roleplaying? A friend told me about it and brought me along to a gaming session.

Savage Worlds is cool because...: So many possibilities...

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: Hell, I don't know.
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Houston, Texas

Marital Status: Engaged!

Kids?: None

Pets?: 4 clown loaches, 7 harlequin rasboras, 3 otos, 2 bota loaches

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): Cooking, Bass Guitar

Favorite Music: Hard Rock, 80's Metal

Favorite Movies: Jaws, Shawshank Redemption, Pirates of the Caribbean, Cloverfield, Usual Suspects

Favorite Books: Stephen King's Dark Tower series, George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, Tim O'Brien's In the Lake of the Woods

Playing RPGs since: 1981-82 (Moldvay Basic D&D)

Playing Savage Worlds since: 2003 (Was there for Shane's Design Journals)

Player or GM?: GM, but would love to play

RPGs played so far: Dungeons and Dragons, Dangerous Journeys: Mythus, Darkurthe Legends, Kult, Earthdawn, Castle Falkenstein, Elric!, Deadlands, Fading Suns, Dragonlance: SAGA, 7th Sea, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, RIFTS, Shadowrun, Vampire, Mage, Changeling, Star Wars (WEG), GURPS, Witch Hunter, Castles and Crusades, True20, Lejendary Adventure, Warhammer FRP, Cyberpunk, Twilight: 2000, Call of Cthulhu, Legend of the Five Rings, Mechwarrior...oh, and Savage Worlds. Smile

Favorite RPG: Savage Worlds (currently, anyway.)

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: RIFTS, FATAL, World of Synnibarr, Sailor Moon

How did you get into Roleplaying?: Family friend bought the Basic D&D boxed set and had us making characters one night. The rest is history!

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It's the perfect mix of elements for my style of gaming.

Any questions I've forgotten to ask..?: What is your quest?
Skycast
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Boulder, CO (USA)

Kids?: 2 daughters, 6 and 9 (I'm doomed during the teen years!!)

Pets?: 2 beagles...they are howling machines, but great

Hobbys (besides Roleplaying): reading, music, hiking, Krav Maga and other various fitness pursuits

Favorite Music: classic rock (Foghat, The Who, etc.), southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd rocks!)

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: very eclectic tastes, love books by Clive Cussler, James Rollins and the like

Playing RPGs since: 7th grade

Playing Savage Worlds since: early/mid 2007

Player or GM?: yes

RPGs played so far: various D&D, various d20, Boot Hill, Car Wars (yes, we roleplayed)

RPG you wouldn't be caught dead playing: none off the top of my head although Gurps seems to crunchy for my taste

How did you get into Roleplaying? old D&D box set at a local toy store when I was a kid

Savage Worlds is cool because...: It allows me to concentrate on playing and creating without so much thought going into the rules. I can fly by the seat of my pants and have the players do cool things.
Flynn
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Savage Census Reply with quote

Hometown, Nation: Austin, TX, USA

Kids?: One son.

Pets?: One dog.

Hobbies (besides Roleplaying): Reading, camping, movies

Favorite Music: I feel that there are good examples and bad examples of all kinds of music, but I do tend to prefer uplifting stuff with a good beat to it, predominately Techno, Industrial and similar music.

Favorite Movies, Books, Video Games, etc.: Movies: 'Better Off Dead', followed by 'Matrix' and the Star Wars movies. Books: Anything by Robert A. Heinlein, Edgar Rice Burroughs and S. M. Stirling.

Playing RPGs since: 1986.

Playing Savage Worlds since: November 2007

Player or GM?: Almost all GMing these days, but I do occasionally get to play.

RPGs played so far: Traveller (all published editions), D&D (1E, 2E, 3E, v3.5), Savage Worlds, D20 Modern, Grim Tales, GURPS, HERO (4th and 5th Editions), Shadowrun, Call Of Cthulhu, Marvel Super Heroes, Deadlands, Heavy Gear, Synnibar, oWOD (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling, Mummy, Hunter), a number of homebrews, etc...

Favorite RPG: Currently, Savage Worlds. Historically, Traveller.

RPG you wouldn't be cought dead playing: Synnibar... never again, my friends, never again...

How did you get into Roleplaying?: My best friend in high school introduced me to both Traveller and AD&D (1E).

Savage Worlds is cool because...: FFF, ease of prep, ease of character development, cinematic pulpy action, streamlined yet fully functional, and most importantly, SW consistently provides a fantastic gaming experience.

With Regards,
Flynn
Stellar Reaches, a free fanzine for Classic Traveller and Traveller T20
http://stellarreaches.nwgamers.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Break Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: