Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to kill a monster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pfr_Fate
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: How to kill a monster Reply with quote

Am I the only one that noticed this or is it posted somehwere? I beleive that certain items effect certain creatures in a dramatic way. For example, while Hunting, I ran into the Nosferatu. I quickly popped over to the Gear screen and equipped with the Cross/Crucifix item and went back to the Hunt screen. The battle was still on but my % went way up! Was this merely an effect of the minor Courage increase? I am not sure, but I don;t think so.

Has this been tested? If so, which weapons are effective on what creatures??
Pfr_Fate
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno....ran into the Nosferatu again and did all sorts of equipement switching. No real effect afterall. Pity.

So, i still don;t see the need to hold onto things like mirrors, bibles, stakes, rope, etc.

Anyone?
one-arm winters
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know. I have reached a point, at Rank 8, where I can't seem to complete any of the Missions, and Hunting usually gets me wounded as well. Best I can seem to manage is a 30% chance of success, 6% chance to escape. So I fight till I am wounded and escape that way.
Pfr_Fate
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that having an approiate attribute boosted really high does help: Speed is often important and (of Course) Power. At this level, getting above 20 helps. You should also equipe with multiple weapons (I like the axe and spear and one gun) selected to give you Power and Speed.
mrgod2u
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most valuable resource for getting through the early levels is speed. Also gather friends from the forum people, (I believe there is still a thread with info of people who will assist. Filling your ally pool with people who give a gatling pistol (+speed and Damage) will greatly increase your ability to avoid hits. Once your speed is high enough to get 95% on both escape and hit chances you will fly through fights. Only getting hit 1 in 20 times is huge. Plus the damage bonus from those ally guns stack every round. at low levels you will be one click killing anything you come against. Allies can also provide big intellect boosts that come in handy for doing the adventures, which is by far the best way to gain exp. (aside from doing known bad rippertech recipes for the xp gain). I am level 70 currently and this is how I got past all the hard levels.
Epharian
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed & Intellect.

Courage does help you avoid heart loss, but...speed & intellect will help in the long run.
brandigrrrl
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Guide to get through lower levels (speed) Reply with quote

Get speed speed speed in the early levels. This is the best thing for battles!
I went for intellect, mistakenly thinking this would aid me creating Rippertech, when in fact it's totally random. (wish I'd known that at character creation.)

Intellect can always be boosted with items, which you can equip if you face an intellect challenge, then unequip for the fight. I recommend increasing this only every 2nd or 3rd level till you're over 25. Apparently it gets more important later on.

Social helps collect cash and allies. You don't need to put $ allies in party, they still earn. you can sacrifice any NPC ally in party, but only the TWO MOST RECENT can be recruited again. don't increase Social until you have recruited ALL allies available to yr current level, or you'll lose the chance to replace them.

Courage/heart is useful in allowing you to fight. It can't be replaced with ally sacrifice like Health can. A good investment.

Power/health - very important in battle. Determines HEALTH and DAMAGE.
Health can be replaced by sacrificing allies to avoid death, and you can do this in mid fight as long as you have enough Heart to keep on.

i recommend getting speed with each levels exp, then dividing the remainder - eg: 1 speed, 2 power one time, speed and courage and social the next, till you have really good success odds, then begin rounding character out more where needed.
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why die or continued to lose, just navigate to the main page, and then look for adventure again, and then start a new adventure.

I do it all the time and every time I level up. Anything not 75% or higher I just leave.
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to keep that in mind. I didn't realize the game would let one start a new adventure while an old one was still ongoing. I've found a good balance of stats for one adventure and I've been doing it over and over again for the past 6 or so levels (now up to Rank 37). Haven't died once in the last 4 Ranks since I got my speed up high enough for this. Now my power is high enough that I don't have to fight the guy for as many rounds which also decreases the damage I take.
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw.. that trick DOES NOT work for hunting. If you start a hunt, you must complete it.
Even if you navagate to the main page, then start a new adventure, you're still tied into the creature you hunted.

I've tried quitting the game and even quitting FB.
There is no other way to get out of a hunt once you start.
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ran into the elder nosferatu while hunting. switched over and added the wooden stake for gear and had him for lunch. it increased speed by alot.

and umm even at lvl 42 speed is needed vs opponents. dunno where it drops off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: