Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustrated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Frustrated Reply with quote

I'm starting the second week with my health reduced to 11 of 42 points. I'm assuming this is from wound penalties I suffered, but I can't find any mention of them (how many, how long they last, options to get rid of them) anywhere in the game. Someone mentioned you can see them in Status panel, but nope. I've never received any prestige, so no way to buy my health back that way (though I have plenty of cash). I'm half tempted to just dump my current character and start from scratch, but have no idea how to do that I haven't seen it as an option anywhere.

So basically I'm stuck. One hit and I'm dead, so I can't hunt, can't adventure, which doesn't leave me with a lot to do besides spend cash and play with Rippertech.

Help?

Tom
Kirsten
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your health is equal to your power courage interlect and speed added together, so any bonus or penalty to them affects your health aswell.

hope this helps

xKx
RobitusinZ
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you have an unfinished fight in your Hunt tab (or in an adventure), you will not regenerate HP or Hearts. If your HP has been frozen at 11 of 42, check to make sure that you're not stuck in a fight that you haven't finished.
GreenTongue
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that clicking on the Stats page recalculates the values, so you may want to do that.

Also, switching allies can alter your stats. This may make you need to heal back to the new value.
=
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm losing patience with this, as well. I am constantly defeated, every attempt at researching Rippertech has failed and I just don't think I'm going to spend real-life money to augment my Lodge, etc.

It's a clever little package, but I think I might be done with it.
TatteredKing
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are looking for what rippertech works...check out the rippertech recipe thread. With 2 ingredients tehre are over 600 combinations....many of them have been tried and found successful, but there are more failures.

If you are constantly defeated, up your Speed. Speed helps with both attacking and defending.

Also adding allies, and people from this board count as allies, will raise your stats. Check out the Friends Invite thread
plki76
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm done as well until or unless I can re-roll. I gimped my character by optimizing for intelligence. No way to re-roll to optimizie for speed (which is pretty much the only dang attribute that matters), and getting my butt handed to me in every fight is less than fun.

Even with rippertech, allies, and switching gear during a mission, my success rate is well under 50%. My ability to raise my success rate seems at this point limited by my wallet. I've never been one to buy my way into charater power, and that's not about to start now.

You shouldn't even be allowed to make a character with the intelligence bonuses. Just look at the leader boards: Highest courage is 60+, highest speed is 60+. Highest intelligence? 45ish.

Suggestions:
1) Add the ability to re-roll your character.
2) Tell new players to ignore the intelligence stat so that they don't perma-gimp their character
3) Tell players how far they are away from the next social standing tier. Sometimes I put points in and it does nothing
4) Publish some actual help topics that include information like how combat is calculated
5) Allow me to see not only my successful recipes, but my unsuccessful ones as well. As a scientist, my character would keep track of both. As a casual player of a web-based game, that's a level of rigor beyond what I'm willing to do. (and yes, I could go to the forums and just read all the recipes, but that's lame)
6) Add the ability to re-roll your character.
andyguest2
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a quick boost add some of the folks from the 'invite me' thread to your friends in facebook and use them on your allies page. Feel free to add me (Andy Guest, Dundee, UK), using me as an ally will get you +8 damage, +5 speed just now.

I agree, I did the same as you and made an inventor and struggled with the early stages of the game.

Some quick tips - never leave the game mid-adventure or mid-hunt. You don't regenerate health or courage in a fight, you are better off escaping and taking the wound penalties, at least that way your health/heart will get better.

Add facebook friends - the bonuses from real people as allies are far better than the bonuses from recruited allies.

Check the recipes thread - yeah it's kinda lame for a casual web game but every little bit helps.

Hunting is an odd duck, some people swear by it for levelling, I only hunt when I'm looking for ingredients. I found hunting too risky at low levels and not worth it for experience at higher levels.

Adventures - you almost always need an intellect roll at the start, sometimes a speed one, then there's a fight or two. Never, ever, ever take an adventure the first time it appears. Take a note of the headline, think 'hmm, that looks interesting' and ignore it for two or three levels. When a new adventure appears it will be difficult. Similarly keep track of the easy(or at least easier) adventures. Definately use the option to 'Look For Another Adventure' - trying adventures that are too hard is very frustrating, keep looking till an easier on is offered.
plki76
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I could add facebook friends. However, I already have a ton of "friends" that never appear in my tracker and exist for the sole purpose of adding to my mafia in mafia wars.

In addition, the problem is that even if I were to do that and continue to level, my character is already gimp and it will most likely take a long long time to dig out of this hole, if it's even possible.

I made the cardinal sin of choosing inventor, which means that INT is my cheap-buy stat. Thus I can raise speed only 5 points every two levels. Similarly for all of the other important stats.

This character will always be underpowered in this game and there is no way to reverse that decision.

And I'm not talking "slightly underpowered", I'm talking "Fails well over 50% of the time" underpowered.
RobitusinZ
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plki76 wrote:
Yes, I could add facebook friends. However, I already have a ton of "friends" that never appear in my tracker and exist for the sole purpose of adding to my mafia in mafia wars.

In addition, the problem is that even if I were to do that and continue to level, my character is already gimp and it will most likely take a long long time to dig out of this hole, if it's even possible.

I made the cardinal sin of choosing inventor, which means that INT is my cheap-buy stat. Thus I can raise speed only 5 points every two levels. Similarly for all of the other important stats.

This character will always be underpowered in this game and there is no way to reverse that decision.

And I'm not talking "slightly underpowered", I'm talking "Fails well over 50% of the time" underpowered.

Actually, I'm an Inventor and I'm the highest level player in the game. Speed is pretty much taken care of by Gear and Allies. I've spent more points raising Courage than anything else. My "naked" stats right now are Power 16, Courage 63, Intellect 22, Speed 49 and Social Standing 38.
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because you get buy int at 3 points and everything else at 4 instead of speed at 3 and everything else at 4 dosen't "gimp" you. i am an inventor how ever at 25 my speed is 62 and i am at 95% to hit almost every time. my allies provide +30 and my equipment provided +20 so spending your xp on buy speed isnt all that you think it is, most allies grant speed bonuses, most equipment grants power so i spennd almost all od my xp on int and courage
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

Thanks for the feedback on the game - we are continuing to refine and improve Rippers and we'll keep working to add to the game as we go.

I have reset a number of players' characters, who wanted to respec, try something different, change their image, or whatever.

We had always intended to add this as an option, and I hope that this will done this evening, as I won't be able to reset as easily for the next few days while at GenCon.

Thanks to all who take the time to let us know how we can improve the experience, what they don't like, or just that they're having fun. All the feedback we receive goes to make the game better.

Simon
plki76
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for adding the start over feature.

I restarted the character and prioritized speed heavily over the other attributes. The advantage of speed over the other stats is extremely high.

Whereas before I would fail about 80% of the time even when I used the best gear I could find plus rippertech, my failure rate is now down to about 10-15% using cruddy gear and no rippertech.

The Intelligence is baffling to me. It's pretty much unnecessary in this game. You can get items that give you rather large int boosts, and even with a very low intelligence rating you have a moderate chance of success on most missions.

Additioanlly, the failure for missing an int check is that you lose a little heart and have to try again mission. Even if you lose all your heart, you just need to wait a small time to generate more.

Comparatively, the cost for failing in battle is that you lose an ally or have your stats completely nerfed for about 2 - 3 hours.

Regardless, the game is a lot more enjoyable now that I can actually complete missions. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: