Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prestige?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Prestige? Reply with quote

How do you get it except buying it for money?
Kalan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it happen once after scoring a critical hit on an adventure - can't recall which one tho Sad

You can also take advantage of some of the free offers (I only go for the ones for facebook apps myself)...
http://www.kalanskorner.com
New Cool Stuff coming soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the "free" offers, the Facebook Application of the Day seems to be the safest means of getting a few extra Prestige Points. (Despite the name there isn't always a new application each day.) You can go under Settings/Applications and hit the X box to remove the application after you've got your Prestige.

I have a friend who works on Facebook applications, who helped to program the Sears "dorm room" application, and he was rather surprised when he was checking on traffic and feedback from users and found a large number of them referring to things like, "LOL just doing this for the Puppy Points!" or "Sorry just need more Coins!" He was a bit flabbergasted ... and then I went and told him that, yeah, I had no idea he worked on that Sears application. I'd used it, too ... for a couple of Rippers Prestige Points. Wink

I'm not clear on who organizes this or who makes money off of it. Apparently his company has nothing to do with "App of the Day," and as far as he knows, Sears isn't paying to be included in the "App of the Day" cycle - but someone somewhere must somehow be making money off of redirecting people to different applications. How, I don't know, if the owners of the target applications aren't paying for it.
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah - about the Critical Hit thing: There's a random chance (and I DO NOT know what the odds are, exactly) that when you score a Critical Hit, you will get a message that lets you know that Rippers far and wide will hear of your achievement, and thus you get 1 Prestige Point.

I'm presently at level 34, and this has happened to me a grand total of twice (both times happening during Hunts), for perspective.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 34, really?

Any advice for those of us still in the teens? Where do you wish you'd put points early on?

Thanks to all the East Texas University Kickstarter backers!
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have probably gotten 10 or so Prestige from Critical hits, myself, and I'm level 18.

Plus, Simon Lucas has said that you get Prestige just for playing the game...and every few days or so, without notification, I'll see that my Prestige is higher than it was.

But yeah...if ya can't or won't spend the money for Prestige, App of the Day is the safest, least spammy and most reliable...
Ichabod Strauss
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd be more likely to pay for a game once (maybe.. $5 for a FB game?) than to sink money into Prestige points.

As it is, I'm wasting time at work on clicking 'no' to offers while submitting fake names and email addresses.
TatteredKing
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the way all the facebook games work....if you want to be on the fast track...you spend money...
RobitusinZ
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shannoni wrote:
What happens if you didn't lodge a tax return last year? I didn't lodge a tax return last year and i cant use e-tax because i don't have a notice of assessment. I heard i probably will get a fine but how much? Also will i have to lodge last years tax return as well as this years?

WTF? #1eek13

LOL.

re: Prestige Points: I recommend getting the +2% Crit Chance Lodge upgrade ASAP. It pays for itself quickly.
Nick Zachariasen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobitusinZ wrote:
re: Prestige Points: I recommend getting the +2% Crit Chance Lodge upgrade ASAP. It pays for itself quickly.

For the record, this is the Shooting Range, which is part of the Weapon Locker upgrade tree. If I recall correctly, it only cost something like 8 Prestige, give or take a couple. Maybe 12. Still, it'll end up paying for itself. I think I've gotten 3 Prestige in the last day or so of playing just from crits.
brandigrrrl
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: crits and prestige? Reply with quote

are they still awarding prestige for critical hits? I used to get about 1P every day or two, from crits. (around 15-20 % of the time). Lately I've gone at least 40 critical hits without a single prestige awarded. what gives? anyone know the % it's supposed to be? have they stopped giving them out for critical hits?
brandigrrrl
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: and still! Reply with quote

update - 11 days later and STILL haven't gotten another prestige for a crit. And yes I DO HAVE the weapons locker upgrade.
Bewildered Badger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got the 'World Renowned Collection' for 47 prestige and an upkeep cost of 8 (!) an hour. Supposedly it gives you +1 prestige per critical hit.

Since getting it I've scored three crits. One said I gained one prestige, though checking at my lodge showed I gained two. That's fair enough.
However the other two gained me one heart each and no prestige. Disappointing.
Agent_Templar
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that plunking down 10 bucks for prestige is worth it if you play regularly. The +2% crit is decent, as is anything that adds equipment slots (stacking multiple weapons is HUGE), active members to your party (friends can give bonuses equivalent to extra equipment slots) and inventor. That said, there are plenty of inexpensive upgrade that are easily bought with prestige gained from regular play. I am going for Weird Science at level 40, so I'll need to buy some more prestige in a couple weeks. Is it implemented yet?

Edit: Shooting range is decent for the points, esp. if supported by extra equipment slots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: