Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] Navy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strelkov
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: [HoE] Navy? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information about what kinda ships they had during the last war? or am i on my own for this one? Smile
Chezzo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hell or High water has The Delta Queen, and a handful of gas powered flatboats. Shattered Coast has Turtle Isle, a huge ship with a whole city onnit, it mentions Gigantic a large hydrofoil that I'm assuming hit an iceberg, and a Confederate Fast Patrol boat, that has a few sonar guided torpedoes (not sure if that's a new thing...).

Chapter 3 of the aforementioned Shattered Coast has rules for incorporating boats into the standard combat rules, and has a section on "Ships of the Maze", which has rules for rowboats, jet-skis, speedboats, sailboats, mini subs, and patrol boats.

It ain't much, but it's a start! I'd recommend picking up Shattered Coast. Plus, you can see what happens after The Flood!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chezzo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read through the rest of Shattered Coast because I wanted to see what happened after The Flood. I came across this paragraph of information:

Quote:
As for ships (in the Naval Yard over in Lynchburg) three Northern Alliance gunboats, seven old transport ships, one captured Southern Alliance cruiser, and two captured Southern Alliance marine transports call the Yard home.

There is also a bit about the Lakers' boats having jet engines!

If you are making a navy, please post it here. I'd love to see what you come up with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
strelkov
Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do want a navy im my campain but i want to get my hands on the shattered coast book first. im kinda thinking it will have some kind of massive war ship kinda like battle ships but not as obsolete as in todays world. ie you can do a lot more damage with planes on carriers for cheaper.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to note that there are very few campaigns in which a large naval vessel would be able to make a lasting impression. They are too large to fit in most of the channels of the Maze (Turtle Island is only able to navigate the largest of the channels, for instance), so they would be very limited in operation. If you truly wanted something like this in your game, you might want it to wind up in the hands of a power group either in the Maze or in the Gulf of Mexico, say Lynchburg or the Causeway Collective in the Maze, or Oil Town in the Gulf. Having the PC's acquire such a powerful battlewagon should be a major achievement, so maybe let them play with it a bit before you drop them a hook to pull them inland again. If in the Gulf, they might be able to get a glimpse of the horror that is occurring east of the Mississippi...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: