Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question - HoE history & setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malignanttoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Question - HoE history & setting Reply with quote

Hi guys, it's been quite a while since I've posted here.
I've been far too busy to game.
Any way, I'm going to start up a game of HoE with my friends. I know I can make the setting and history more or less the way I want, but I was curious if this is covered in any of the official books. (I only own the core rule book)

1. Why is it that in the future, it's so much like the wild (weird) west as far as mannerisms and such. Did no one from the East Coast move west, preventing more "civilized" customs from being adopted? Or did something happen to make people out west return to their gunslinging roots?

2. Umm... I really did have a follow up question... but I seem to have forgotten what it was... Ugh, I hate that.

If any one can address this for me, I'd really appreciate it. It's the one thing that I've thought about most regarding HoE.
shadd4d
Legendary

Location: Charlottesville, VA...I miss Deutschland and Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoE was separated into the HoE book and the Wasted West Companion. For the official history, check out this link, which is the official DL universe timeline.

It leads to a word document which documents almost everything.

Hope this helps.

Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01
Malignanttoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check it out. Thanks!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Question - HoE history & setting Reply with quote

Malignanttoe wrote:
1. Why is it that in the future, it's so much like the wild (weird) west as far as mannerisms and such. Did no one from the East Coast move west, preventing more "civilized" customs from being adopted? Or did something happen to make people out west return to their gunslinging roots?

Could you give specific examples?

I mean, the west still has a lot of western customs today. Blow up most of the cities where "civilization" thrives, put the people on the ragged edge of survival, and they are pretty much in the same societal boat as their ancestors were in the old west.

And heck, people who move to a different region more often adopt the customs of that region than the other way around.

Anyway, just looking at what in particular leads to that line of thought.

www.peginc.com
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadd4d wrote:
It leads to a word document which documents almost everything.Don

The Timeline of DOOM!
I've got that document converted to an Excel spresdsheet for eaiser sorting and information search.

I still love the February 16, 2000 entry: Windows crashes and Mike Scofield looses hours of work on this f*****g timeline. Remember kids, when a Windows system crashes a Mac user gets his wings. Stupid Microsoft Windows. Bill Gates is a servitor of the Reckoner of Frustration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: