Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you do Tentacles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavinwulf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: How would you do Tentacles? Reply with quote

Yes, creepy question I know. lol. But how would you do tentacles in SW for an anime-style tentacle demon?

I'm thinking something akin to the 'Entangle' power but with STR DMG rolled every round after the entanglement.
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improved Sweep with Reach. 1-2" for most critters, 6" for Legend of the overfiend style critters.

Tom
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How would you do Tentacles? Reply with quote

Gavinwulf wrote:
I'm thinking something akin to the 'Entangle' power but with STR DMG rolled every round after the entanglement.

Sounds like a Grapple to me. That along with Tom's excellent idea gives you a pretty nasty beastie, especially if you pump up its Strength.

I'd recommend deciding on a Toughness score for the tentacles (preferably less than the creature's overall Toughness) so they can be hacked off. Of course they might grow back immediately... Twisted Evil
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the free, fantastic "Beasts" companion you can find online with a little Google-fu:

Squid, Giant: The Kraken [WC]
Tentacles: Str damage, plus Size bonus, or d12+22 total. With a raise on its attack roll, it grabs the target and either drags them to its mouth to bite next round if edible, or lifts it up and slams it into the water if not. Breaking free with raw strength is all but impossible (you can try to make an opposed Strength roll); wriggling free with an Agility roll at -2 is more likely. Treat these as Heavy Weapons. When attacking ships, the kraken ignores their Armor bonus.
Tough Hide: Armor +5; counts as Heavy Armor.

Hydra [WC]
Many-Headed: Hydras have 3d4 heads. They can be killed by either attacking the body or by killing all the heads individually. The body
uses all the stats listed above; itís easy to hit due to its size, but harder to damage. An individual head can be Shaken, but this doesnít effect the others, and as long as at least one head remains un-Shaken, the body
can act as well. Heads can be killed with a single Wound (area effect attacks like Blast always hit the body rather than the heads!), and have the following stats:
Head: Parry 7, Toughness 7, Small (-2 to all attack rolls against them)
Sweep: Hydras can attack as many adjacent opponents as it has living heads, though it canít send more than one head after the same target (they tend to get in the way of each other).

I think you can adapt easily the tentacles / heads ability from this big beasties to your anime-ish demon! Wink Wink
Gavinwulf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies!

I like the sweep/grapple thing but I also found a few beasts in SW of Solomon Kane that have tentacles. It says they can make up to four attacks per round and w/ a raise on its attack roll the victim is grappled and takes STR damage per round until escape (or hacking off tentacle).

I don't know, seems like the sweep idea is a lot simpler.
CAM
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with Sweep idea I reckon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: