Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warlords of Aros GM Guide?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomahawk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Warlords of Aros GM Guide? Reply with quote

I sumbled upon the "Warlords of Aros" Players guide, and I like it - sort of a Basic D&D meets Conan set in the decline of the Roman Empire. I can't seem to find any contact information for the author (Tom Harrison). Did he ever put out Warlords of Aros Gamemaster's guide?

-Tomahawk
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's BluSponge here on the forums.
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Can't get in touch with me through my own blog?! I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in Warlords. Your description sums up a lot of what I was trying to do with the setting, though if I had it to do over again, I would have thrown in a heavier dose of Roger Dean and Barsoom to round out the edges.

I am sorry to report that the simple answer to your question is no. There will never be a Aros GM's Guide, publicly anyway. Of course, we have a blueprint we've been working from for the library game. Only a fraction of it is in writing, though I've been meaning to get a lot more of it written down. It isn't like we wrote up an enormous plot point campaign -- we're writing things one episode at a time. Once I have something more concrete, I may distribute a few copies privately, and I will not rule out doing something with the setting once we wrap the library game, but that is neither here nor there.

But if any of you have been using Aros for your home game, I would really love to know what you've done with the place. Frankly, I expect there are a lot of folks on this forum that could take it in far more fantastic directions than we've been able to in the library game. I'm old school enough that when I wrote the setting, I wanted it open enough for people to go in a million directions, and yet provide just enough detail for my players to figure out where WE were going if they looked hard enough.

So I guess I should be asking you: What's in YOUR GM's guide for Aros? Wink

Tom
Tomahawk
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a game running... yet. I was wondering about things like a statted-out beatiary and maybe some sort of political backstory/push to get a campaign started.
johnmarron
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to chime in and thank Tom for putting together the Aros player's guide. Great S&S setting and a very pretty document.

John
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmarron wrote:
I just wanted to chime in and thank Tom for putting together the Aros player's guide. Great S&S setting and a very pretty document.

Thanks, John! Appreciate the support.

Tomahawk, I might be able to accommodate you on that score. Smile

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: