Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Righteous Rage Variant Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavinwulf
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Righteous Rage Variant Idea Reply with quote

So okay, I got this idea from seeing the Watchmen movie. I was thinking that Savage Worlds was the perfect system to model that kind of 'down-to-earth' comic heroism. It felt rather 'pulpy'.
One thing that stuck out to me however, was that the characters, though human and seemingly average-joes on one level, could dish out some serious ass-kickery the next scene. It reminded me alot of the "Righteous Rage" mechanic from SW Solomon Kane.

However, as implied from the text, Righteous Rage need not be from a holy conviction- but the game effects are the same.

So how about creating charactger trait that reflects when this rage kicks in for our human-level superheroes. I'll call them 'Aspect Surges'

Night Owl- Strength of Honor: Can use his Aspect surge when he is performing in an honorable or loyal way. ie: Busting out Rorshach from prison.

Silk Spectre- Daredevil: Gets her surge when doing something crazy. ie: leaping around a roaring inferno.

Rorschach- Arbiter of Justice: (most like S. Kane) Can use his surge when exacting justice upon evil. ie: Kicking the crap out of criminals

The Comedian- Selfish Asshole (?): Can use his surge when having fun doing what he wants.

To make up for the situation restriction, perhaps Wild Cards using this variant rule would only have to spend a benny to activate their 'rage' or 'surge' instead of having to roll a 5-6 on a D6.

Anyways, just an idea I had. I know the above can be simulated with Edges instead but I thought it might be a cool idea as a setting rule in an appropriate genre like the Watchmen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: