Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Warlords of Aros Updates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenTongue
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Any Warlords of Aros Updates? Reply with quote

What's happening with Warlords of Aros?
Doesn't look like there has been an update since Tuesday, November 18, 2008. http://blusponge.blogspot.com/

I thought that maybe the holidays had thrown things off schedule but, they have come and gone already.

Has Tom got it under wraps because he is going to publish the setting?
=
Averjoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing myself.

I just discovered WoA a few days ago and I am thoroughly intrigued by it. I downloaded the players manual and now all that stands between me and running a campaign is the lack of a campaign. Laughing

Granted, I could make my own, but I already have one job. Wink

So Blusponge, what's the word?
BluSponge
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Warlords of Aros keeps hammering along. I've just been a bit derelict in my updating duties. What with a wedding and the holidays to attend to, I turned the reigns over to my assistant. The result was a very complex plot arc that saw our heroes getting involved with a secret cabal of General Pratt followers. While they had a good time with it, I think a lot of the nuances went over most of the kids' heads. In the end, they wound up in the brig on charges of collaborating with the enemy and making a very poor first impression on a company of Elysian Inquisitors. Fortunately, one of the WCs had a contact (thanks to a well played Adventure card) in their ranks who sprang them on the condition they do a little errand for them.

Since I wasn't around for a few of these scenarios, it has been difficult for me to update the story.

And so we have begun a 2-3 part arc where the winner of our Adventure Design contest gets to run his scenario for the group. It's a pretty cool dungeon crawl that promises to have some nice repercussions on the mythology of the world. My assistant, Joe, really got into the background of the winning adventure and expanded things nicely in directions I never would have considered. And so we'll see how that plays out for the players. So far they have managed to escape an enormous giant ant nest but success is still quite a ways off.

Once this arc wraps I plan to leap back into form with some bang up scenarios that have just about finished cooking. Check out this thread for a bit of a preview. Contribute if you care too.

Also, we working on expanding the Library Program by perhaps adding a DnD game to run opposite my schedule. I won't have a hand in running that one (running this program and a home game take up enough of my time as it is), but I will be contributing to it in the form of ideas and materials. I have faith in the guy putting it together and with any luck it will give us a chance to expand our player base a bit.

I'm going to try and update the blog this week, though. So keep your eyes open. BTW, when the MVP sections stops being updated, you'll know something is wrong. Wink

Thanks for the interest guys!
Tom
Averjoe
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. I think most of us here can appreciate the demands of real life. I was just curious if you had plans to eventually release an actual Plot Point campaign manual for WoA. *crosses fingers* Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: