Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what do you do when...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snake Storm
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: what do you do when... Reply with quote

what do you do when you're broke, but dying to play one of pinnacle's savage settings? i'm a tinkerer by nature so i bought slipstream for some long run help but i'm really dying to play deadlands: reloaded. unfortunately i'm flat broke.

What do YOU do in these situations? make your own homebrew setting until you can try the real thing? convert another, similar setting?

all answers will be appreciated.
DeMyztikX
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Sheets. Totally grab some one sheets and play using those and either the test drive rules or the SWEX rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Snake Storm
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that could work, but i run deadlands very differently than how the guys at pinnacle write stuff for it. My kind of horror is the rod serling era twilight zone, night gallery, invasion of the bodysnatchers and almost any universal monster movie.

Ran a deadlands classic game like that and it was a blast even if the player did take it in a different direction than i wanted, heh.
Adam Baulderstone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Storm wrote:
i guess that could work, but i run deadlands very differently than how the guys at pinnacle write stuff for it. My kind of horror is the rod serling era twilight zone, night gallery, invasion of the bodysnatchers and almost any universal monster movie.

Ran a deadlands classic game like that and it was a blast even if the player did take it in a different direction than i wanted, heh.

Well, if you have your own take on the setting, it seems you need to go the homebrew route, and preferably write it up to share with the rest of us. I like Pinnacle's take, but yours sounds pretty sweet, too.
Snake Storm
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got like a hundred ideas at the moment but that one's needed developing for like 2 years. Especially since it's my nephews' favorite game to date.

The one i played with them was like the movie tremors, lol. Great use of mojave rattlers. i'll see what i can do but i'm not much of a wordsmith. may not be many typos or flavor text but it'd get the job done.
DeMyztikX
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write a Savaged Tremors then Smile
I love the movies and one of my players would make a great Bert. Heck, I might write one up tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Snake Storm
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i call it goblins and gunslingers and it involves a lot more than graboids, shriekers and assblasters. really it's just a quick fix until i can get deadlands reloaded. Working on it right now, actually, just taking short breaks to post.
Snake Storm
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoot, all i want is the feel of deadlands. i'll just use my classic books with the savage worlds core rules. All i'd really want to convert would be a few firearms and the monsters in my version are pretty standard, Such as Mad scientist and money grubbing land grabber Byron Wyrm. can just use a SW dragon for him.

But for those wanting to see what it would be like, i'll get it up as soon as i get a good bead on the world. so far it relies too much on the deadlands setting to be run not even well, but merely adequately.
manifold
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: try this.. Reply with quote

go to Dragonsfoot dot caughm. They have a Savage Deadlands doc written by Shane himself. Uses the old damage (Str + 1 vs. new Str + 1d4) otherwise, should do you. Lots of critters.

Good luck.

http://manifold2.deviantart.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: