Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

double-tapping rule from HoE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepilk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: double-tapping rule from HoE Reply with quote

was dipping into HoE reading a little bit (ive typically stuck to classic) but anyway i noticed the info on double tapping with automatics.

could this be done with gatling pistols and such in classic deadlands? or are the 1877 weapons a bit too "archaic" for that kind of trigger abuse?

i was considering maybe letting it work at a reduced reliability, or force two reliability rolls or something.

anyway, was curious if it would seem problematic to anyone out there
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from The Player's Guide, page 123, under "Automatic weapons":

Quote:
A character must fire all three shots of a burst. He can't choose to fire only one or two shots unless the particular weapon's description says otherwise.

As far as most (all statted?) automatics go, you can't double-tap. I'm not sure is this called double-tapping, but double-action revolvers can shoot two rounds in an action using the same mechanic as double-tapping.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double tapping is for semi-auto weapons. It also partially relies on the significantly lighter trigger pull you get from having the slide cock the hammer for you after the previous shot. I don't think this would work with a Gatling Pistol given that it is a fully automatic weapon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: