Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulp Gear TK: Price/Space reductions for Fixed Gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Q. Mayhem
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Pulp Gear TK: Price/Space reductions for Fixed Gun Reply with quote

I'm using the Pulp Gear TK a lot in a setting I'm bashing together with my brother, and I'm thinking that I'd like to reduce the cost and space requirements of vehicles guns that have Fixed Gun - after all, that's why they were used in real life. However, I need to come up with specific mechanical effects of Fixed Gun - the note in the rulebook isn't exactly helpful in that respect. I think an additional -2 Shooting vs. moving targets may be in order, with a 10% reduction in price and 1 less space required.
zeth
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the -2 to shooting. Fixed guns work perfectly fine if faceing forward or backwards on moving targets.
supercOntra
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "you need a driving roll in order to correctly line up your vehicle" after that it's a normal to hit.
And 10% seems slike too small space reduction for fixed gun. A mobile gun should be able to traverse at least 60 degrees so half space sounds more like it.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend a 20% price reduction and a .5 space reduction (can't have a 1 space weapon taking up no space). Then firing the weapon uses the lower of the driver's Driving or Shooting skill.

www.peginc.com
John Q. Mayhem
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call on the Driving/Shooting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: