Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] Powerpacks, powerjacks, and Spirit Batteries, Oh My

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: [HoE] Powerpacks, powerjacks, and Spirit Batteries, Oh My Reply with quote

I've been making a number of Junker Devices (because I have a Junker fetish). I've some across a puzzle that I haven't been able to solve

So the burning question is related to Powerpacks. They use less slots than a Spirit Battery. But how are they recharged? Specifically, does a powerpacked device need a powerjack (and the 2 slots therein) in order to recharge it? Or do you get a free powerjack? Or can it be recharge magically (we've seen weirder)?

Basically, if a Powerpack needs a powerjack, the breaking point is 80 G-Rays. Both battery types use 10 slots for an 80 charge. So until you get to 80 G-Rays, a powerpack is less viable than a Spirit Battery. But this assumes that one needs a powerjack in addition so you can recharge it.

So what's the ruling? Powerjack or no powerjack?
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share this affliction too my friend. I spent far too much time at Weird Stuff imaging what a Junker would do it they saw the warehouse, then proceed to buy things that I end up building into a device that I use three times and then place in a draw.

There is nothing in the section that saws it gets the free jack, and as far as I have always believed, powerpack must be recharged. So a powerjack would be needed. So yes this make the advantage of powerpack vs. battery slot wise, mute up to 80 but it's also about style and usage. There are times I build devices with batteries, mostly because it will need to be "hot swapped" at some point. That said I also think the powerpack is a "cleaner" build on some jobs. Basically if it's drain isn't in rounds, I prefer the pack. This of course is all flavor and little substance, but hey, what isn't?

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the upside of the Powerpack is the required prescence of a powerjack. I see well to do Junkers walking around with a Soul Tap and a Bat-Utility Belt of batteries, powerpacks, and the odd spirit fetter. Rather than building self sufficient devices, The Junker's own devices could just be plugged into the belt. A quick powerpack here and there for quick use, but largely relying on this eblt so he can cram more stuff into his personal devices.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always just thought that a device with a powerpack built in had a contact point that allowed an outside source of power to charge it. Sort of like, oh say, a Wiimote.
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, for the Can that got decapitated and you can't recover their body, a small crab-like body and a machine gun!

Don't forget the bullet-resistant glass case for the head! All hits are Noggin' hits now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: