Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Junker Character Sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Custom Junker Character Sheet Reply with quote

Do you play a Junker? Tired of those cool but otherwise useless character sheets? Do you long for a sheet to better record components, powers, and that browser spirt that hangs out with you?

Then I have your answer.

http://www3.telus.net/~scooterc/junkersheet.pdf

I'd been working on a Junker specific character sheet to better record the Junker's progress. Here is a quick explanation of how to use the sheet.

The front page is normal except for a few details. Instead of Strain, I have a G-Ray meter. Basically for anything like that Soul Tap you picked up in Junkyard, or for the spirit battery you have attached to your belt. Mostly there if you need it. I added Occult Engineering under Knowledge (so you don't have to write it in). I added lines for Legend chips and converted bounty. Also, I removed the starting skills (like Climbin). I'm OCD, and it bugged my to have them there. Just remember to add them to your skills.

The back is where the sheet really shines. Arcnae Abilities was replaced with Tool Tricks (also note the missing Strain column). There is a seperate section for writing down Junker Powers. I thought the spaces were largely wasted.

The Components section is for... guess. This is a dedicated space for components, rather than mixing them in with other gear. The Ghost Rock space is large enough to note both GR and IGR.

The Constructed section is for noting down your total constructed slots, over stability 20, for each associated spirit. Makes tracking browser acquisition very simple.

The Browser & Familiar section needs some explaining. I read somewhere (I can't remember if it was here or on the ListServ) that someone had named their browser (it was a roman catapult IIRC). I really loved this idea. I also liked the named Manitous printed in the Epitaph, and I thought about blending them into this. Basically, Junkers can note down the history and name of their Browser (and Familiar). Or you can just note the level. Either one is ok.

Gear is a bit smaller, as I needed to make room for Worst Nightmare (does anyone use it?). Note that for Junker Devices and Familiar bodies, I have a seperate sheet (not completed yet). To accompany this sheet and make a wicked dosier, I'm also working on Device sheets. There are 2 that I'm making. The first is a half page sheet for recording the description, device profile, game effects, and the devices drain (like the Strain counter) for smaller sized or simpler devices. The second is a full page sheet, same thing, but for large devices or devices with several powers (like, more that Cool.

Feedback welcome. I'll eventually do the Device sheets (just a quick word doc so far). But don't hold your breathe.

To PEG: I hope there aren't any IP concerns which Photoshopping your sheet. Please let me know if there are.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a work of art sir. Clean, pretty and well put together. Now to just add some fields... Smile

I do not know how you people do that (as you can tell from the "frame" on my web site) but I can really see using that sheet.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you'd like it Fuzy. I like the looks of the HoE and LC sheets. It's more than a spreadsheet.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day PEG made a character sheet and journal the size of the dime novels. The DL one was called Twisted Tales (but I can't remember the name of the HoE one) and they were awesome, especially for $5. I ended up buying like three of each and I used one of the DL ones as a MS blueprint note book. At the time (well it started way before that) I use to buy the smaller sized three ring binders (especially the ones with slip covers on the out side for images) and made D&D character sheets (in word) with binder paper for notes. I miss them, and would so still use them, even in this digital age...

It would be really cool for Print on Demand, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I'm a moron...If I would have just looked in at the store, it seems they have the physical copies of Toxic Tales (the one I couldn't remember the name of) and Twisted Tales. Guess I don't need to hoard the ones I have...

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually looked at Toxic Tales when making this one. The original character sheet is a bit outdated (no space for new skills like Sailin'). Especially with HoE characters, I've found them very helpful.

The other nice thing, as you mentioned, was size. Newer character dosiers for other games are full sized books, which aren't very handy to carry around.

On the topic of custom character sheets, after I posted this one, I was thinking about making a Templar sheet. Dooms and Sykers should be fine with the regular one, but I thing Templars could use a custom one as well (space for Greater Reward notations, Blessings, no Strain, etc). Other than that, an Updated sheet with all of the skills would be nice, but would require some heavy Photoshopping to actually make the space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: