Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Classic] Chaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: [Classic] Chaps Reply with quote

In the equipment section, chaps have (armor -2) listed on the table. Do they really make you easier to hurt or is this a typo? I'm new to running Deadlands, and will be running it for my group, so I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row.

Thanks in advance.
oddtail
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are basically two kinds of armor in Deadlands.

Heavy armor (for example, Armor 2): it reduces the die type by two. If it reduces the die type to d4, it reduces the number of dice instead.

Light armor (Armor -2 or Armor -4): it reduces the amount of damage by 2 or by 4, respectively.

Also, it's all explained in Player's Guide, although I don't recall the exact page right now.
Evangelos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive armor values (Heavy Armor) reduce the attacker's damage dice by one die type per armor point (3d6 to 3d4, for Armor 1). Once you're down to d4's, you reduce the number of d4's until you hit zero. If the attack was a melee attack and reduced to STR damage only, the attack also does no damage. Attacks that have only STR for damage in the first place can't penetrate Armor 1 or better.

Armor piercing ammunition ignores Heavy Armor equal to its AP level.

Example: You have Armor 2 in the guts and are shot there by a Peacemaker. 3d6 --> 3d4 --> 2d4. If you were shot by a rifle in the same area, it would be 4d8 --> 4d6 --> 4d4.

Negative armor values (Light Armor) reduce damage received, but don't change the die types or anything like that. Armor piercing ammo entirely ignores light armor.

Example: You are shot by a Peacemaker and have -4 light armor to the guts. The 3d6 damage comes up 3, 4, and 5, for a total of 12 damage. Your -4 armor reduces that damage to 8, which probably means you just took one wound instead of two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: