Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] Demo Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: [HoE] Demo Adventure Reply with quote

I'm going to be running some demo games of Deadlands in order to help promote a convention that I'm working with.

Basically, I'm camping at a gaming store for a day and I'm going to demo two games (the other is Dark Heresy). I was hoping to have quick games that I can trade off with depending on the audience.

So I was wondering. Anyone have any ideas for quick HoE demos (probably around 2 hours)? Basically, adventures that cut right to the action and story, without spending 3 hours assembling the posse.

I'm running in a few weeks, so any help would be appreciated.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greywolf's site has a few adventures. While I haven't run any of them they may work (save for one, War 'n Peace). From just skimming through them, I like them so far.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably do the second act of the HOE adventure that is on the main site.

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
Shawn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter, I'm working on the exact same issue and have a ready made adventure called Moon's Last Stand. Basic premise the PCs are a posse hired by the Librarians to find a lost Librarian who was coming back from the Great Maze with a pre war relic. The posse tracks the Librarian's back trail to a motel in Toole, Utah that is eerily deserted and each room has a hole in the floor of the bathroom that leads to a tunnel in the ground. Drag marks lead to these holes. Its everyones fave HOE critter Wormlings. I like wormlings as a baddie because they are fairly easy to kill and have several weaknesses that a clever posse can exploit. Let me know if you'd like a copy of this and I'll email it to ya once I get it polished up.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind a copy.

What I'd come up with was just speeding through the first part of an adventure. Basically, the posse is already together and within 10 minutes will have a clear idea what their goal is. A little bit of investigation, the obligatory fire fight, and some monologues later and the adventure is over... in theory.

I'd love to see what you have, and I can pass on any notes on my adventures at the end of the month if I get to run them.
Shawn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the adventure for everyone's use in a new topic. I'd like to know what y'all think and what went down with your posses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: