Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] Is it officially coming out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
islan
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: [HoE] Is it officially coming out? Reply with quote

I was just curious if it has been officially announced that a SavW edition of Hell on Earth was in the works and would be released at some point.
beholdsa
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's been announced as being in the works. But still a long way off down the pipeline.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said. Smile

Shane
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fine with the wait until yesterday when I was running my Deadlands game and went on a tangent about HoE for the people (most of the group) not in the know. Now I think they wanna play it. Wink
And for the record this group is made up of converted D&D players who really dug SW and went out and bought the core book and DLR, which surprised the hell outa me when I showed up to the game and saw everyone with books in hand. Smile
Enjoy dinner Shane!
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Zero wrote:
And for the record this group is made up of converted D&D players who really dug SW and went out and bought the core book and DLR, which surprised the hell outa me when I showed up to the game and saw everyone with books in hand. Smile
Enjoy dinner Shane!

Amazing how that works, innit? Wink Very Happy
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this all but announced considering what was said in the 09 preview. It's not like there clues were hard to find.
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, coming out in '09. 2109 Twisted Evil
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet more on 2010. There's just a ton of stuff on the plate.

But it's my baby--it'll happen.

Shane
Yuri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean the other 3 Plot Point books (since the Flood is suppose to come out in April) for Deadlands will be out before Hell on Earth?

I've got two of my players asking that I run Deadlands as my next campaign... since we just started 50 Fathoms, this should give me enough time to read and prepare properly for a new campaign... but if I have four plot points to choose from, it might get... interesting.

Yuri
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
I'd bet more on 2010. There's just a ton of stuff on the plate.

But it's my baby--it'll happen.

Shane

Heart. At least we known what to expect now. Shane is super.

And HoER should be out before I graduate, so that is pleasing. Best University grad gift ever.
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my prediction.
shadd4d
Legendary

Location: Charlottesville, VA...I miss Deutschland and Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I was at Ultra Comix in Nuremburg, and had a long conversation with a worker there who was a fan of the original DL:HOE and tried to convince him that he should pick up DL:R and SW. I think I made a good sell. I think he'll jump onto SW:EX.

I'd say that I'm glad that I could say something positive about DL:R. I'd say also, though, that I'd wait 5 years from now for DL: HOE and LC in SW sets...if that is the tiem to get a great product...I just trust the writers. I do hope for a little help with some ready demos around June 09 timeframe though...it might help with my prosetizing in SE Germay for SW:EX and DL:R.

Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadd4d wrote:
I'd say also, though, that I'd wait 5 years from now for DL: HOE and LC in SW sets...if that is the tiem to get a great product...I just trust the writers. I do hope for a little help with some ready demos around June 09 timeframe though...it might help with my prosetizing in SE Germay for SW:EX and DL:R.

For me personally, I'm actually more excited for LC. I love HoE, don't get me wrong. But DLR is a hard sell for my friends here. I know that I'm quite curious/concerned about Cyborgs and Junkers. Things translate fairly well into SW (it is basically the same system, only better). However, Junkers are about crunchy bloated construction rules. It just wouldn't feel the same if they were like Mads. With Cyborgs, I don't see them being an "arcane background" as it's presented in the SciFi Toolkit. Unlike a Cyberpunk game, I just don't see 'borgs randomly sprouting new systems. Anyways, Hell on Earth was a really unique game that may be tough to convert over and still capture the feel and the freedom.

With LC, it felt to me like DL in Space (as in Werid West). Very colonial, very western. Also, because of the situation when LC was released, it ws kind of empty. I'd love to see it get the attention it deserved.

Now a disclaimer so I don't scare Shane. I had some real sucess running DLR for my griup back home (I have 2 groups I play with). Ironically, I ran it the day after their Classic campaign, and I even got my old Marshal liking it. I'll buy all forms of Deadlands (and I am pleased to hear that it's going into Print on Demand). I'm just uncertain how quickly I'll swing over to (specifically) HoER. It's our group's baby afterall, and we just aren't ready to guve up classic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: