Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joker on Spook Juice, please help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R2Q2
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Joker on Spook Juice, please help me Reply with quote

Hi everyone
After seeing the Dark Knight I created a character that is like the Joker on Spook Juice. A crossbreed between the Joker from the batman movie and the one from the good old cartoon show Batman: the animated series.

Creating a background, stats and finding good quotes was no problem. So I have most of the potential to create a remarkable character that will be fun to use.
Now it is time to unleash him, but I have still one problem.
The problem are bad, macabre jokes, that aren’t really funny. Jokes that only the Joker would find amusing.
Without them it would be a sociopath more on Banshee for the players.
Thanks to wiki, I found two. But that was it. So, tell me a few jokes, please.
Sheriff Axly
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting character...

Give an example of the sort of jokes you're looking for. Copy and paste the two you found on wiki here.

Also, I'd like to see the stats you've come up with for this guy. Smile

Rich

Promote the gaming industry! Whatever it takes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
R2Q2
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here are the 2 jokes found on wiki.
The first one is a little funny (it's not a good joke and it is very old), but does its work and is still the type I am looking for. The second one is exactly the type of joke I am looking for.

1. "See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum...and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moonlight...stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daredn't make the leap. Y'see...y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea...He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!' B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... he says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!'"

2. "The guy goes into the hospital, okay? His wife's just had a baby and he can't wait to see them both. So he meets the doctor and he says, 'Oh, Doc, I've been so worried. How are they?' And the doctor smiles and says, 'They're fine. Just fine. Your wife's delivered a healthy baby boy and they're both in tip-top form. You're one lucky guy.' So the guy rushes into the maternity ward with his flowers. But it's empty. His wife's bed is empty. 'Doc?' He says and turns around and the doctor and all the nurses wave their arms and scream in his face. 'April fool! Your wife's dead and the baby's a spastic!! 'Get it?"

Quotes found on wiki that I will use for this character are:
“Don’t try this at home kids”
“Killing me would give me the final victory, making you into a killer like myself”
“If I weren’t crazy, I’d be insane!”
“If I weren’t insane: I couldn’t be so brilliant”
“All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.”

The idea for this character is to use the more realistic version from the movie the Dark Knight, but making him more extreme by using the elements from the animated series.
For example that he believes that he acts in front a forth wall, and speaks often to the audience, that he believes is always present.
And with that he is truer than he can ever imagine. His audience is a Manitou Legion. I am even thinking about to give him his own theme music that he will sometimes whistle.

Now let’s talk a little about his stats. I use the Savage Worlds rules, but I see no real problem to easily translate them into classic. Btw, his name is Kruger (a player chooses the name, because the PC has a personal motivation for killing him). Last, but not least. The states are not set in stone. If someone has a good (or much better a funny and evil idea) I will use it.

Profile: Kruger (Harrowed)
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
SKILLS: Driving d8, Fighting d6, Guts d10, Intimidation d8, Knowledge (Occult) d4, Notice d8, Piloting d8, Shooting d8, Streetwise, d6, Survival d6, Taunt d10, Tracking d8
PACE: 6; PARRY: 5; TOUGHNESS: 6
HINDRANCES: Delusional, Habit (bad jokes), Overconfident
EDGES: Ambidextrous (ignores -2 penalty for using offhand), Brave, Quick Draw (ignores -2 when drawing a weapon; gets a +2 to Agility roll to draw a weapon)
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
• Implacable: ignores 2 points of wound penalties
• Improved Cat Eyes: ignores all penalties of darkness, can sense supernatural creatures and characters, +2 to Notice to spot visual clues.
• Improved Claws: d6+d6
• Improved Stitching: makes natural Healing roll every hour.
• Hellfire: Fire damage is reduced by one die step; On a Spirit success, he causes a fire to flare or die. On a Raise he can extinguish the fire, or cause it to explode in a Medium Burst Template.
• Killin’ Joke: Kruger tells a scary joke and everyone who hears it (Large Burst Template) must make a Spirit roll opposed by Kruger’s Taunt. If the roll is failed the victim has to roll on the Fear Table.
• Soul Eater: Regenerates one lost Fatigue or Wound Level with a successful Spirit roll vs. the victim after he had inflicted a wound with his bare hands (or claws), 2 with a Raise.
• Weakness (Funny guy): If Kruger is dealt a 4 or less, he tells a joke or does something strange or macabre instead of taking an action.

Gear: Duster, 4x HK MP-20 (hidden in his duster), 6x Fragmentation hand grenades, C-4, Razor blade
johntfs
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've gone a little too physical with this character. Think a little bit more about the Joker in the movie. Ledger's Joker didn't engage in actual physical violence all that much, at least not in terms of a "fair fight." He'd use it as a surprise (Watch me make a pencil disappear!); on a helpless opponent (the captive "Batman") or in conjunction with henchpeople (setting the dogs on Batman and then hitting him with a crowbar). The Joker's evil wasn't in what he did but what he "inspired" other people to do.

So, I suggest that you raise his Smarts to a d10 (he was extremely clever) and his Spirit to a d12+2 (he was effectively impossible to persuade or frighten). All his physical stats are replaced by ??? because they change with every body he inhabits. Kruger is in fact a disembodied, demonic spirit who floats from body to body wearing different forms to work his evil. When a body "dies" or ceases to be useful, Kruger moves onto another one.

Eventually your posse will figure this out and have to go after the item, ritual or person who can kill/banish Kruger permanently.
R2Q2
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts, I love the idea of exorcising him. My original plan to put him permanently down was a fair fight (meaning duel). But an exorcism may be much more interesting and unforgettable. Sadly to say that I have currently no right idea how this ritual should work.

But I am thinking about something like the movie Constantine (the more gore and blood, the more better it is) that ends in a spiritual and surreal gun duel between one of the heroes and Kruger.
The high stats, Kruger is a little more than 100 years around, and by the way Kruger is a servitor of Death. So I was thinking that this is okay. Eliminating and replacing a few things should work (but never Killin' Joke or Funny guy). I have enough time, until they will meet Kruger again. After their first encounter they gunned him down. They weren’t really amused after he talked later to them in the bordello, telling dirty jokes and provoking the heroes. But this time they were people around, including the sheriff.
The heroes know that Kruger worked a short time for EXFOR during the Faraway War (he had to much fun on all this mayhem and chaos, until he got bored) so the players plan to infiltrate Base Prime next session, to get more information about him. Luckily they do not plan this for Tunnel Station Very Happy .
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want evil? Try this on for size. Give what ever incarnation of him you settle on a few levels in black magic powers like Animal Mastery, Cloak o' Evil, Dark Protection, Ghostly Servant, Illusion,(to improve the setting of his 'performances') Puppet,(for his psychotic henchmen) Spook, and or Stun. These could be granted to him to improve the 'show'. Shoot, his looks and stats could be the result of a permanent Transformation. Any of these fit the Joker character quite well if dressed up right, and would make him a fearful opponent indeed.

If you go with the Legion idea, the Manitous are taking turns 'at the wheel', putting on a performance for their buddies. Thus, one exorcism (look in Fire and Brimstone for more on that) would just get rid of the demon currently in residence, unless the exorcist is careful about saying what is being cleansed.

For that matter, you could have a harrowed dealing with a Legion as above.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have the part ware the joker OD's on Spook Juice and then his girl friend's security guard hides the evidence and every one calls him a genius and a great role model after he dies
R2Q2
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you both. I never thought about the possibility to use dark magic effects. Nice, very very nice. Very Happy

I will come up with a background story about him soon. This will take a while; ‘course I have to translate it first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: