Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkrose50
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted Reply with quote

Press the "F5" Key!

Edit 24: Updated 01/23/2009 12:06 PM CST
Play tested for 2 sessions thus far

Last edited by darkrose50 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 17 times in total
Tomba
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is great work, and have no constructive comments or feedback beyond this- well done!

I still prefer to use classic over SW for DL, but looking at the complexity of the diagram, as much as I love the crunchiness and detail, perhaps I ought to start using SW for pick-up games.

Still, I'd love to grab a copy of this and use it in my games as a player reference- is that OK?

How long did it take you to come up with it?

Tomba
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a second, I thought the internet got crossed, and I landed at the Hackmaster forum. Oh Combat Matricies.

I'll have to show this to some friends of mine. Looks very through.
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some errors in there - the spelling of "surprised?" in box #2, for example, and it takes *5* wounds to die from head/guts in box #20.

I didn't read the chart in detail, but it looks good.
darkrose50
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomba wrote:
I think this is great work, and have no constructive comments or feedback beyond this- well done!

ScooterinAB wrote:
I'll have to show this to some friends of mine. Looks very through.

Thank you!

Tomba wrote:
I still prefer to use classic over SW for DL, but looking at the complexity of the diagram, as much as I love the crunchiness and detail, perhaps I ought to start using SW for pick-up games.

I have not yet tried SW. I look forwards to it.

Tomba wrote:

Still, I'd love to grab a copy of this and use it in my games as a player reference- is that OK?

Sure!

Tomba wrote:

How long did it take you to come up with it?

I spent a couple afternoons going though the rules, and making a primer (still needs a little work . . . see this forum someplace). I then made a 21 point combat procedure. I then printed them out, cut them up, and laid them out. Then I created the flowchart using Microsoft Visio . . . that took an afternoon. This is my first flowchart. I saved the file as a JPEG, created a photobucket account, and posted it (another first). Then I added 2 points. Next I need playtesting (we may play on Sunday).

Tuesday wrote:
You've got some errors in there - the spelling of "surprised?" in box #2, for example, and it takes *5* wounds to die from head/guts in box #20.

I didn't read the chart in detail, but it looks good.

Fixed, thank you!
Sheriff Axly
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest putting the rule book's page number in each of the boxes as a reference. I see a few of the boxes already have this, but I'd put it in every box.

In your Called Shots box, you have an entry for "Hands, Hands, Feet"

Promote the gaming industry! Whatever it takes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darkrose50
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriff Axly wrote:
I suggest putting the rule book's page number in each of the boxes as a reference. I see a few of the boxes already have this, but I'd put it in every box.

Done. Good idea!

Sheriff Axly wrote:
In your Called Shots box, you have an entry for "Hands, Hands, Feet"

Got it, it was heads . . . I guess a monster can have multiple heads, but I changed it to head for now.
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. How can I get a copy of this to print out?
darkrose50
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoraceBlack wrote:
Very nice. How can I get a copy of this to print out?

One of the guys from my Sunday group printed out a nice copy from here somehow. I “right-clicked” on the picture, selected “Print Picture . . .”, and then fiddled around with my printers options to set it to “Landscape” . . . the result was crap. So I guess it all depends on your printer.

Last edited by darkrose50 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that worked (didn't know I could do that), thanks a bunch.
darkrose50
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Deadlands Combat Flowchart: input wanted Reply with quote

Added in interrupting with a card up the sleeve. Do not forget to press the F5 key!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: