Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Phipps Studios] Update for the Holidays!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: [Phipps Studios] Update for the Holidays! Reply with quote

Hey folks,

As Winterweir is now finishing up its final layout after some delays, we here at Phipps Gaming Studios thought that it would be a good idea to give you guys some news about what's going on at our Studios.

*an Editor's eyes bleed as he reads a manuscript*

"I SEE THE SIGN OF NYARLATHOTEP! MY GODS! ITS FULL OF STARS!

*He screams insanely as he's drug off by orderlies*

As you can tell, it's business as usual.

Just to allay some fears, there's going to be only some minor changes at the office thanks to the recent changes in our structure. A handy list of new information will be provided below for people that are interested in what we're up to at our den of mystery.

* We'll be debuting our new website in the next few weeks. This will have Design Journals for Winterweir and other products, Our Catalog, and plenty of interesting new tidbits of information for our relaunching. We hope fans will check it out.

It'll be from here that fans will be able to download the various Plot Point Campaigns we'll be putting out.

* Sadly, due to the leaving of a writer, Streets of Frenzy has been put on hiatus. We're still very interested in developing this property but it's been moved to the bottom of our development pile. We'll keep you informed once we've found someone to replace our lost member.

However, that pretty much moves it to 2010 rather than 2009.

* So not to disappoint our fans, we'll be releasing a NEW setting in Streets of Frenzy's place. This surprise setting will, like Winterweir and Black Hole, be a "living" setting beyond the initial release. We're keeping it under wraps but the manuscript is already done and we've begun collecting art and material for it.

* Release schedules being the crazy animal that they are, our current release plans are for Winterweir, The SECRET Project that'll be announcing in the near future, and Black Hole for 2009.

It's our hope to have all three ready for Gencon 2009.

Happy Holidays folks!
Control
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Phipps Studios have a web site? I've been looking for information about Black Hole and have only found what's available in the PEG forums.
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control wrote:
Does Phipps Studios have a web site? I've been looking for information about Black Hole and have only found what's available in the PEG forums.

We used to post our information on Arbor Production's website.

So they'll be a brief break between now and when our website goes up.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I promise it'll be worth the wait. The website will, not coincidentally, also be when we reveal our Mystery Project but will also contain information on Winterweir and Black Hole plus our other products.
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Plus more design journals? Very Happy
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and sneak some new Winterweir Design Journals in for the new webpage.

Smile
Savage Yinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet news.

I do like surprises!

Keep up the good work and please do let us know about it!
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Phipps wrote:
I'll try and sneak some new Winterweir Design Journals in for the new webpage.

Smile

And if you're short of ideas I'm the forum goers here could throw a couple like, oh say, the Gods of Winterweir. Why the God of Death is the nice one?
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont Die wrote:

And if you're short of ideas I'm the forum goers here could throw a couple like, oh say, the Gods of Winterweir. Why the God of Death is the nice one?

They'll be a full write-up of the gods of Winterweir in a future Design Journal to kick off the new website. Bluntly, though, Kaalon's faith is the one that teaches their god will smite bad behavior and punish it eternally. He's also the God of Healing and Medicine.

The other gods don't care what mortals do with their time. Cool
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, we're currently taking a break for the Holidays to let everyone spend time with their families. When our Webmaster gets back from Christmas break, we'll be instantly getting back to business.

Personally, we'll be interested in hearing from our fans in what they'd like to see coming from Phipps Studios for 2009. We've got plans to release Black Hole, Winterweir, and our secret project for 2009 (plus the Plot Point Campaign PDFs) but we're open to suggestions for other things now that our schedule has been cleared of extra business.

Our break from our prior commitments opens up new possibilities and ventures we might not have considered and while we had suggestions before, we'd like to offer up some different possibilities for our fans.

Aside from the completed and released print settings, where you would you like to see Phipps Studios focus its efforts?

* More free Plot Point campaigns.
* Focus our efforts on getting supplements out for each of the settings to the exclusion of free material.
* Ebook Full-Scale Adventure Anthologies
* Regular Update Articles for the Website

Ultimately, I'd also be interested in finding out if fans want Phipps Studios to produce new settings each year or just focus on supplements for the existing settings when released. Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone.
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great Holiday! Sure the new Phipps site is going to be rocking.

Aside from the completed and released print settings, where you would you like to see Phipps Studios focus its efforts?

* More free Plot Point campaigns.
* Focus our efforts on getting supplements out for each of the settings to the exclusion of free material.
* Ebook Full-Scale Adventure Anthologies
* Regular Update Articles for the Website

What would like I to see from Phipps Studios? I'd say a good balance of all of the above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: