Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HoE Aftermath?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadd4d
Legendary

Location: Charlottesville, VA...I miss Deutschland and Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chezzo wrote:
There's just something about an unbeatable foe that you have to research, and find a weakness for, that both makes coming up with adventures, and playing them, an absolute blast.

There's also the wonderfully cruel smile of the Marshal when he mentions to the player that his impressive damage roll with a double barrel shotgun against a servitor...has the effect of having tossed wet lead-coloured paint upon the bad guy, whose ire grows as the lead pools onto the ground...along with the player's chances of survival...in a less metallic colour. Twisted Evil

Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01
Teller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm guessing Smile that there will be plenty of servitors still around.

Unfortunately, trying to cram all the HoE-y goodness into one book, along with a PPC, means a lot of detail gets left out. Of course, when whole books were devoted to one place (IO, Denver, CoS, Shattered Coast) I'm sure you can see how they just get highlights (although some cool new stuff and places will be added in). If you really want to know all about a particular place, I'm afraid getting the classic books is the way to go--unless major changes are made and it gets broken up into multiple books. Picking up the sci-fi toolkits would also help with some fiddly bits that are too detailed to go into in a big book like HoE (for detailed bionics, for example).
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group just reasoned that the biggest and meanest Servitors stepped into the shoes of the Reckoners as best as possible.

One Ex-PC replaced Death after having a "Heartless-to-Heartless" talk with Stone.

It went something like this:

Stone: "I'd be in charge of everything dealing with Death."
The Servitor With No Name: "Yep."
Stone: "Sounds like too much paperwork. You take it."
TSWNN: "Fair enough. Now, a few more names for your list."
Stone: "That's the Paperwork I like. And the work I like, too."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: