Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HoE Classic: Cyborg Recoil Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Heavy Shoulder Mount Machine Guns
Max -6 recoil penalty
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Max -8 recoil penalty
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

TheBigArn
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: HoE Classic: Cyborg Recoil Question Reply with quote

In classic HoE, the recoil rule is that: in an action, each burst fired after the first suffers a -2 recoil modifier, max -6.

I play a 'borg with Dreadnaught Armor, and have two Heavy Shoulder Mounts, each sporting a machine gun. I have the Remote Targeting Programs for the weapons. According to the 'borg book, when firing both of these guns, the shots suffer a -2 recoil penalty. I also have a machine gun mounted on each arm, with the Remote targeting Program for the off-hand.

Whats the general concensus? I know that the arm mounted machine guns will be maxed recoil at -6 after four bursts. Do you think that the shoulder mounts will max at -6 as stated in the Hell on Earth rulebook, or will the penalty in Cyborgs stack and they will max out at -8?

Arn
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rule -8, 'cause the ordinary recoil penalty is for 'ordinary' gun-shooting: gun in hand, ordinary human trying to keep gun under control, ...
Now we have a cyborg shooting from his shoulders (not hands), not one but two guns, and then two more from his arms, for a total of 4 guns! -8 seems decent IMO!

You're from the Ghost-Rock Bomb group, right? You're all min-max munchkins or what? Laughing What else have you got in your posse?

Seriously, playing such an ammo/money-guzzler will have you live in poverty in no time. That's probably going to be a general consensus.
GenThrockmorten
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the marshal for the "Ghost Rock Bomb" group. I have a heavy can, a junker, a librarian, and a doomsayer. I have taken them through most of the missions and through Unity. We are now on Banshee and I am going from there. It is a powerful group but after so much xp and such it is not surprising. The more powerful the group the more powerful the monster(s).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: