Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, I now have Fantasy grounds II..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redcard
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: So, I now have Fantasy grounds II.. Reply with quote

And I've discovered something, and I have a question.

They tell me to go to savageworldsonline.net for Savage Worlds games. I go there, and I see three or four messages within the past month.

I see nothing else there. The blog entries are old. The module entries are old. The front page references Gen Con. The calendar discusses things that seem to not be going on anymore.

Before I run out and buy the next part of this, the ruleset, is it worth it? I mean, is Savage Worlds Online just another thing that's going to fall by the wayside?
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one check in there often. I haven't posted much for the very reasons you've sited. I've even tried to contact some of the ongoing campaigns, with no luck.

That said it's one resource of many. The FGII guild house forums do a lot of match making and I've been able to find more than a few games there. If SG online dies or not, I think the ruleset is a no brainer. It's very nicely done and really makes FGII a fantastic SW program.

Just my 2 cents.
redcard
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been helpful and correct up to now. Consider it purchased Wink
Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fantasy Grounds Savage Worlds community is quite large.

Games can be found at the FG forums and Four Ugly Monsters as well as Savage Worlds Online.

Smile
MB
mac40k
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too check the SWO forums frequently, but they just don't get much traffic. The FG forum is much more active, albeit not dedicated to SW. FWIW, I'm planning to start Sundered Skies on Wed nights in a couple of weeks using FG2 (7-ish EST), so if you are interested and available on Wed nights, PM me.
SavageIBS
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list.

I picked up FG2 and the SW ruleset today. Of course I have no idea how to use it proficently but I'm stumbling throught it.

I'd love to get into a game that's newb friendly so let me know if there's anything I can join in on.

Friday after 7pm PST
Sunday after 7pm PST
Monday anytime PST

Thanks
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I buy FGII (full) and the SWEX rules for it, would I need (or players need) the FGII (lite) and the SWEX rules for me to run a SW game for them?

I wasn't sure if this was the way it worked so I thought I would ask those who have used it.
Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasales wrote:
So if I buy FGII (full) and the SWEX rules for it, would I need (or players need) the FGII (lite) and the SWEX rules for me to run a SW game for them?

I wasn't sure if this was the way it worked so I thought I would ask those who have used it.

Only the GM needs a full license and the ruleset, players can connect with either a full or lite license and will download an encrypted version of the ruleset from the GM.

Smile
MB
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. This makes this much more doable.
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Ruleset give "savage dices" and other useful tools? Or is it only an electronic manual like a pdf inside the software??
River Rat
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the ruleset handles exploding dice and a deck of cards. You can also set it up to handle wild dice, both for Revised and SWEE. Fantasy Grounds also handles initiative on a combat tracker that integrates with npc's and pc's.

RR
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fantasy Grounds description for the SWEX ruleset says you also need the main Fantasy Grounds software (duh) but it also states you need the Savage Worlds ruleset. Um...isn't that what SWEX is? Can anyone clarify?
Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Savage Worlds ruleset uses the Revised rules, DA then produced SWEX rules, these are either available as a module for use with the original ruleset or as a stand alone ruleset.
SavageIBS
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if your going to get one of the SW rulesets like Murgh Bpurn pointed you to, get this one:

http://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=100
UmbraLux
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: So, I now have Fantasy grounds II.. Reply with quote

redcard wrote:
They tell me to go to savageworldsonline.net for Savage Worlds games. I go there, and I see three or four messages within the past month.
Four Ugly Monsters is another site you can find players on. The Fantasy Grounds forums are probably the busiest though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: