Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Try out my Modifier Calculator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Try out my Modifier Calculator Reply with quote

Hey gang!

I put something together tonight that I thought would be helpful for me as I GM future games. Not being very practiced with the system, I wanted a tool that would quickly allow me to determine the correct modifier to be applied to actions when several different rules could be in effect. While by no means a replacement for rule familiarity (which SW makes quite easy) I wanted something somewhat idiot proof yet quick and easy to use.

If you'd like to check it out, feel free to download it from my website:

-removed-

If you see any rule violations or have sugguestions, I'd love to hear them. I used a unique font so I can't vouch for the appearance. You will need microsoft excel to run it, and in order to get the check boxes to work, make sure you aren't in design mode (upper left hand corner).

Update: Please see this threat for the most recent download link:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21087&highlight=

Last edited by ProfMarks on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Try out my Modifier Calculator Reply with quote

ProfMarks wrote:
Hey gang!

I put something together tonight that I thought would be helpful for me as I GM future games. Not being very practiced with the system, I wanted a tool that would quickly allow me to determine the correct modifier to be applied to actions when several different rules could be in effect. While by no means a replacement for rule familiarity (which SW makes quite easy) I wanted something somewhat idiot proof yet quick and easy to use.

If you'd like to check it out, feel free to download it from my website:

http://www.chezlive.com/SWCalculator.xls

If you see any rule violations or have sugguestions, I'd love to hear them. I used a unique font so I can't vouch for the appearance. You will need microsoft excel to run it, and in order to get the check boxes to work, make sure you aren't in design mode (upper left hand corner).

Very nice. The only thing I'd consider changing is locking in the final modifiers on the top row (set them up to go across instead) so they're always visible when you scroll to add conditions. Thanks for sharing this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
philth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a cool tool. I'm going to try it out next game, let you know how it works for me.
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Try out my Modifier Calculator Reply with quote

Ron Blessing wrote:

Very nice. The only thing I'd consider changing is locking in the final modifiers on the top row (set them up to go across instead) so they're always visible when you scroll to add conditions. Thanks for sharing this!

Thanks for the comment Ron. I took your advice and altered the orientation in case others have the same desire as you. That file is located:

-removed-

Please let me know if this is what you meant. Also, I'd love to know if you are seeing the headers in a pulp-esque font or if you are seeing them with system defaults.

Love the show btw. Listen to it regularly when I'm running.

Please see this thread for the current download:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21087&highlight=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: