Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illusion Spell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Illusion Spell? Reply with quote

Is there one in any of the main Savage Rules books? I know that there is a power in NE, but I need to know if there is an Illusion spell in any official capacity.

Thanks!
Mike: Thats right.
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Mirror Self Spell in the Fantasy World Builder Toolkit. But “real” Illusion spells are some pretty nice ones in Shaintar - The Immortal Legends. But that’s licensed and therefore not “official” in the strictest sense…
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealJudas wrote:
There is a Mirror Self Spell in the Fantasy World Builder Toolkit. But “real” Illusion spells are some pretty nice ones in Shaintar - The Immortal Legends. But that’s licensed and therefore not “official” in the strictest sense…

In the strictest sense, nothing is official unless it's in the rulebook.

And least of all the Toolkits!

And even if it's in the rulebook, it's still subject to the GM's oppinion... Wink
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
In the strictest sense, nothing is official unless it's in the rulebook.

And least of all the Toolkits!

And even if it's in the rulebook, it's still subject to the GM's oppinion... Wink

Okay. Then there are NO official rules for Illusions! Nor will there be any official rules for Illusions ever!!! DESPAIR FOR WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!!!

Somehow I just liked my first answer a little bit more... #1eek13

Wink
DerFinsterling
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want to achieve?

Because a lot could be done with Trappings. Take Boost Trait, for example: If your illusionist wanted to create an illusion of a woman around the corner crying for help to entice the guard to leave his post and go try to help her - that's basically a Boost Persuasion, with the Trapping being the illusion cast.
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerFinsterling wrote:
What do you want to achieve?

Because a lot could be done with Trappings. Take Boost Trait, for example: If your illusionist wanted to create an illusion of a woman around the corner crying for help to entice the guard to leave his post and go try to help her - that's basically a Boost Persuasion, with the Trapping being the illusion cast.

Good point. Maybe you could lower the Smarts of your opponents for a similar effect.
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer. No reason to reinvent the wheel then. But I think I know what I need do as there isn't one. Thanks guys!
Mike: Thats right.
JackAce
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:
I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer.

In that case, your answer is: Shaintar!
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Zinoph Hizoto wrote:
I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer.

In that case, your answer is: Shaintar!

...page 68 for Illusion and page 69 for Phantasms to be exact. I can highly recommend the setting! Wink
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:
Thanks. I was trying to find out if there was a simple "SW book X has an illusion spell in it" kind of answer. No reason to reinvent the wheel then. But I think I know what I need do as there isn't one. Thanks guys!

Illusions are a listed trapping for the Puppet power. In essence, an illusion just gets someone to act in a way you want, which is Puppet.

www.peginc.com
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Illusion Spell? Reply with quote

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:
Is there one in any of the main Savage Rules books? I know that there is a power in NE, but I need to know if there is an Illusion spell in any official capacity.

Shark Bytes 1.3 converted several of the NE unique powers to the standard SW format and Illusion was among them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: