Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SKG] TITAN FALL updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: [SKG] TITAN FALL updates Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am proud to announce the debut of my new Savage Setting…

Titan Fall!

A complete Plot Point setting, Titan fall is loosely inspired by Brian Jacques’ Redwall book series and Sony’s Shadow of the Colossus videogame. It is high fantasy, low tech, swashbuckling adventure where players are literally the birds and beasts of the earth. In the aftermath of a terrible war where the predators fought against their prey for their very survival, the world is suddenly assaulted by the Titans; mysterious walking gods that don’t communicate, don’t flinch at weapons, don’t accept worship, and don’t just stand around peacefully. Here in a flash and gone just as quick the Titans destroy everything in their path and threaten to unravel the fragile kingdom that the animals have just built for themselves.

There are over 20 playable races to choose from in Titan Fall, each full of history, personality, and several new racial edges to personalize them. There are also several new professional edges that help bring the unique land of Delorna to life, like the ever vigilant defenders of the woods: the Squirrel Scouts! These brave squirrels not only excel in ranger like activity, but they each wear a sash that they use to display their Merit Badges… minor magical tokens that can grant slight bonuses and/or powers.

Magic works just a little differently too… there are three different types of magical casters. One type in particular, the wizard, doesn’t memorize spells and poor over dust tomes to learn magic. Instead he “paints” magic, his “brush” being his wand or staff. The wizard feels the magical forces around him and paints what he feels will give him the desired affect. A truly powerful mage can eventually learn to “finger paint” with the forces of magic and use reality as his canvass.

Well, that’s a taste of what’s to come. I hope this piqued some people’s interest. If you have any questions I’ll make sure to answer them if I can. Also I’m currently looking for play testers. If you’re interested please let me know!

Oh, and if I posted this in the wrong place let me know. Thanks Again!!!
Mike: Thats right.

Last edited by Zinoph Hizoto on Thu May 28, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what SW needs - not only does it show off the system but it becomes more teen - young adult friendly (not saying that it's not already).

Love the concept and look forward to see it hit the shops.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
highpriestrsw2
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: neat! Reply with quote

I LOVE Redwall!
I own the entire series!
I've never played shadow of the colossus before but the concept sounds cool from what I've read.
I like the idea of an anthropomorphic setting for SW similar to Jadeclaw and Ironclaw (both faves of mine.)
I'm also looking forward to the Mouseguard RPG whenever it hits shelves. It uses the Burning Wheel rules and I was considering savaging it so now that Titan Fall and Mouseguard are going to both be out i'll finally have what I need for a decent Anthro game! Now hopefully I can dispel the weird feelings that my group has about such a game. They all think that settings like this are for weird furries! Crying or Very sad

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1161641837&ref=name
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that I would go ahead and post about the other two types of magic in Titan Fall... Circle Casters and Animists. Circle Casters are the guys who have to read ancient texts and carry spellbooks around. They don't channel magic directly, they use tried and true magic circles and glyphs that produce predictable results. Circles are usually drawn just around the caster (in his square) and have longer durations than wizard spells. The catch is circles don't move. They are ideal for setting up allies though, like giving extra cover to your archer while he snipes away. The glyphs a circle caster uses are more utilitarian and have a more direct affect, like enchanting a sword to do frost damage. Circles and glyphs are pretty complex, so the more time a caster spends perfecting them the more predictable the results. The less time he spends... well that's when you find out what happens when compressed magic energy suddenly breaks loose.

Animists are able to commune with the elemental spirits of nature. These spirits, known as helpers, make the wind blow, fire burn, rocks roll, and water flow. Without them the planet would stagnate and die. Animists come to an agreement with these spirits and bind a small one to them. They can then ask the spirit to perform tasks on his behalf or even fight. As the animist gains in power they can bind spirits of other elemental types to them or combine the same type that they already have, creating more powerful avatars of that element.

Well hope that makes sense to everyone. If I knew how to post images I could post some art too...
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinoph Hizoto wrote:
Circle Casters are the guys who have to read ancient texts and carry spellbooks around. They don't channel magic directly, they use tried and true magic circles and glyphs that produce predictable results. Circles are usually drawn just around the caster (in his square) and have longer durations than wizard spells. The catch is circles don't move. They are ideal for setting up allies though, like giving extra cover to your archer while he snipes away. The glyphs a circle caster uses are more utilitarian and have a more direct affect, like enchanting a sword to do frost damage. Circles and glyphs are pretty complex, so the more time a caster spends perfecting them the more predictable the results. The less time he spends... well that's when you find out what happens when compressed magic energy suddenly breaks loose.

Sounds a bit like the magic system used for Solomon Kane.
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I guess you're right. I hadn't read SK but decided to take a look at it in my local gaming store since you mentioned it. It shouldn't be a problem though.

Now I wanted to give a brief overview of creation and the main gods in the world.

In the beginning there was the Celestial Lion. It created the cosmos and the world. It decided to create three lessor gods to look after the planet; Naratos, the Eagle god who was given domain of the Sky, Uragnor the Otter god who was charged with the oceans, and Quiltoran the Snake god that was allowed to coil around the earth. Along with the gods the Lion created tiny spirits called helpers to regulate his creation, performing the jobs that were too minuscule and tedious for his children to bother with.

Over time the snake god grew jealous of his brother the eagle. To talk to his father that resided in the heavens Quiltoran had to shout until he was horse as the earth was far from heaven. Naratos had to only to whisper to the wind and the Celestial Lion heard him. As time passed his jealousy turned into hate and his hate into rage. Uragnor, being in the ocean never took sides in his brothers' quarrels. He believed that through mediation they could work through their problems and avoid violence. After a time he decided to leave his brothers to their own devices and vanished beneath the waves.

Eventually Quiltoran hatched a plan to kill his eagle brother. He invited him into the deepest cave in the world so that they could talk and have lunch. The snake knew that being so far underground the Celestial Lion would never hear his brothers call for help and his potent venom would destroy Naratos, leaving only his voice to be heard by his father.

The eagle, not knowing it was a trap, went into the mountain. Once there Quiltoran collapsed the entrance to the cave and informed Naratos of his plan. Not knowing what else to do, the eagle lifted his head skyward and let out a cry for help that was so powerful it blew the top of the mountain off. Quiltoran lunged at Naratos hoping to bite him before he could escape. But just at that instant the Celestial Lion appeared in front of Naratos, drawn down from the heavens by his call. Not seeing him until it was too late, Quiltoran bit the Lion instead of his brother. The Celestial Lion then exploded into a million points of light which flew into the heavens, becoming the stars. Horrified and ashamed of what he had done, Quiltoran burrowed to the center of the earth and disappeared.

The eagle grieved for his father's loss and told his brother in the sea. As tribute the eagle created the sun and hung it in the sky to honor his father for half of the day. The Otter god Uragnor pulled a giant pearl out of the ocean and had Naratos hung it in the sky to honor the Celestial Lion for the other half of the day. That pearl is now known as the moon.

Well that's the creation in a nutshell. More to come later.
jdpb1
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not sure I could get my group to play it, but I'd certainly love to read it.

Will this be a print/pdf product or simply a homebrew/forum creation?

Keep up the interesting work!

Thanks
Joe
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be great to get a Cardstock Miniature Artist on-board with this project. Really could create some flavorful images.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the interest guys!

jdpb1: this will be a print/pdf book in the tradition of 50 Fathoms, Evernight, Slipstream and others. I think it will sit nicely on the shelf next to them. Smile

As for a cardstock miniature artist... hmm. That would be great! As I'm the only artist the book has at the moment someone else to do some cardstocks would be nice. I just need to find someone who can draw actual animals. That's one of my problems with Iron Claw and the like - almost all the art is furry art. I know some people might not know the difference, but this isn't going to be a furry book. *shudders* More After the Bomb really. So if anyone knows of any cardstock miniature artists or you are one, let me know!
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moles of Mythinburg

"While the creatures above the earth were fighting and conquering, the moles deep below the earth were largely left alone to build a civilization all their own. With the help of their god Camanus (keeper of time, Klokwerks, and earth) they created the underground steel-domed city of Mythinburg. Within its safety moles discovered and cultivated the secrets of science. And to those truly gifted moles who were faithful to Camanus, he gave unto them visions of other, even more wondrous devices."

"Camanus told his children that technology was their divine gift. As the other gods granted magical prayers to their worshippers, so he granted insight into their mechanical endeavors. Just as he was careful only to give this gift to his faithful, so to should they be wary of sharing it with the beasts above ground. Within the wrong hands terrible destruction could be sewn."

So unlike the other gods in Titan Fall Camanus doesn't grant the AB:Miracles. Instead he grants his followers Weird Science (the only way to get that AB in the game). They are still capable of creating technological marvels without it (such as flintlock rifles and Klokwerks) but the truely revolutionary ideas (steam mauls, fire spitters, tunnelers) are only granted to those he deems worthy. As a whole the rest of the animals aren't too thrilled about the moles technology... it has a habit of blowing up in their face. They prefer the prayers of their gods and the predictability of magic over loud frightening machines any day.
momaw27
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, dude!

This setting is going to ROCK!

AWESOME stuff here...

Beau
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new news on this setting?

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
momaw27
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm very interested in seeing more as well!

onemonkeybeau
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onemonkeybeau,

You know who I think would do some great cardstock figures... Wink

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
momaw27
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

Yes! Nice to see you here!

Great minds think (and play) alike apparently Smile

onemonkeybeau
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working out the kinks in character creation. Its not quite where I would like it to be yet. Very Happy

Forgive me for being dense, but who would be good for the cardstock figures? Give me a name so I can try and set something up!

Thanks for the interest! I'll try and throw some more setting information up soon. Wink

Randy
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a setting that would be very interesting indeed. I am not really into the animal fantasy genre normally, but the setting premise is really cool. And it might be a great setting for kids/teens too, who might not be ready for Necropolis *weg*
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.onemonk.com

Just have a looksee.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little bump on this as I want more... in fact I just plainly want.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Zinoph Hizoto
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The War of Red Nights

The great stronghold of Oak Bastion was not always the Squirrels main city. In fact they only settled there about 80 years ago. Before that the Squirrels had called the Emerald Grove home for hundreds of years. There they tended their forest homes cultivating the trees into beautiful works of art and weaving breathtaking architectural marvels. The Emerald Grove was known for its unsurpassed beauty and the capital city of Evergreen became known as a great wonder of the world.

The beauty of the city and the grand scale of its majesty caused the high priestess of the Raccoon goddess Decorna (goddess of love, the arts, and thievery) to become consumed with jealousy. While the raccoons were not known for direct confrontations, no gift would please her goddess more than to steal the most beautiful city in the world in her name. Over the course of several years she was able to convince the raccoon's Queen that it was Decorna's will that they have the city and that the squirrels would have to be driven out. And so the raccoons planned and schemed from the shadows intent on becoming the new owners of Evergreen and the Emerald Grove.

The takeover began in the dead of night, the immediate royal family murdered in their sleep. By the time the squirrels knew what had happened their defenses had been destroyed, their leaders killed, and their guards all but defeated. The population was rounded up and told of the forest's new masters. The squirrels would be allowed to live for creating such beauty for Decorna, but as they were not raccoons they would be banished from the wood. The populous was marched to the outskirts of the Grove and told to renter would mean death.

And so the raccoons now owned Evergreen and claimed the Emerald Grove. By morning the squirrels were pushed out of the woods and seemed to be soundly defeated. By midday the raccoons guards were on duty and that night the High Priestess and the Queen went to sleep soundly knowing that they had assured their place beside Decorna's side in the afterlife.

But the war did not end within that single night. With their leaders gone and with nowhere else to go, the squirrels would rally outside the wood that day and swore that the city would again be theirs.

And thus ended the First Red Night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: