Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Necropolis] What are you doing with it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might the Powers That Be be willing to allow corp and merc writeups as FFFan! material? Perhaps for a future SharkBytes issue? Heck, locations could be posted, a finalized Rippers Lodge -as- preceptory writeup, new gear, NPCs...
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emiricol wrote:
Might the Powers That Be be willing to allow corp and merc writeups as FFFan! material? Perhaps for a future SharkBytes issue? Heck, locations could be posted, a finalized Rippers Lodge -as- preceptory writeup, new gear, NPCs...

We won't stop fans publishing Necropolis material (within the usual copyright boundaries), but naturally that doesn't make it canon, of course. However, I'm always open to suggestions from fans who'd like to have their material officially approved for use in the Necro universe.

It worked for CAPryde. What began as a fan work on a mercenary group and homebrew campaign setting has been accepted into the Update as canon Necropolis 2350 material.

Just one caveat--don't inundate me with merc and corporate stuff Smile That's very much a secondary concern when it comes to the Big Picture and the future of the Necropolis setting.

There is a freebie planned (written but not quite yet ready to publish) all about mercenaries and how to purchase equipment for mercenary companies. Personally, I'd suggest fans wait until it's out and use that as a guideline.
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Just one caveat--don't inundate me with merc and corporate stuff Smile That's very much a secondary concern when it comes to the Big Picture and the future of the Necropolis setting.

There is a freebie planned (written but not quite yet ready to publish) all about mercenaries and how to purchase equipment for mercenary companies. Personally, I'd suggest fans wait until it's out and use that as a guideline.

Being a secondary concern, which you've stated before, is very much why I thought a SharkBytes or other fan activity would be cool. Being FFFan it wouldn't be canon of course. But I know at least a couple of us are interested in the corp side of things, though it is essentially just background material in the setting book. Although waiting for the freebie only makes sense, but it would take a while to work the idea into the SharkBytes lineup anyway I imagine.

I'm assuming there's even interest in such a thing by the community, of course. Just because I think something is a peachy-keen idea doesn't mean everyone else will lol.

Best,

-Emiricol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: