Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gypsy Magic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captrose
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Gypsy Magic Reply with quote

I may be out of my mind (again), but I seem to recall there being something in either some online sources or in the books about using Gypsy magic. I've searched my computer and the books I have out (rest are in storage) but have found zip.

Can anyone help this fool out? Any and all will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Marshall Rosenbalm
vanessa blackthorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that sounds interesting. the only gypsy magic supplement i know of is white wolf, the old stuff, lol, i don't know any of the new stuff they have out, the world of darkness stuff, but they had a gypsy sourcebook. you aren't thinking of that, are ya?

my comic of the week 1-7-08:
http://dlpony.smackjeeves.com/comics/
Captrose
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it's it. I've been looking through my books and I'm wondering if maybe I was thinking about something else. Might be the old Fairy Doctor they had on the old Deadlands site.

Still, if anybody comes across anything, send a link along. Thanks!!
thepilk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was actually just writing in some gypsies into an adventure.

ive never seen any actual gypsy magic suppliment in deadlands...but with a little doctoring i think voodoo could substitute it well.

just have to change the flavor up a little bit. (incorporate tarot cards and such instead of typical conjurin')
Captrose
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually came across it on my computer. I don't know exactly where I found it but after all that, I ended up not needing it (Thank you players...). But thanks for the suggestion anyway, I was thinking about the same thing.
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do some variation of the shaman, with passions (love, joy, etc.) representing the different spirits and/or my Tale Teller AB (which hasn't been fully tested for Classic).
Pure Evil Model: D
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking DL: Classic, I've never seen anything about Gypsy Magic, but if you are talking DL: Reloaded, there is a special AB: curse Magic for Gypsies in the Rippers Companion.

Printfection Store! Tons of new designs and styles
CafePress Store!

Last edited by Pure Evil Model: D on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captrose
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all for your input but I FINALLY found the file on my computer. Looks like it was written by someone named Matt Lavery. Haven't tried it yet but at least I found it.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get a copy of that if you don't mind. My email is

HoraceBlack@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the books, you could probably adapt the Witch AB from the Wasted West Companion, adapting various black magic and voodoo spells to using these trappings to get the desired affects.
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoraceBlack wrote:
I'd love to get a copy of that if you don't mind.

As would I!!!

LordSkudley@sbcglobal.net
dmosborne1
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Gypsys Reply with quote

For my campaign, Gypsys were treated as voodooists, with the sole loa of the Black Madonna (they could not be ridden). This fits the general myth of gypsys in Euro/American literature. Blood magic, in Black Circle would also fit this image.

For a more Gypsy-friendly approach use spiritualist or create a fortune teller power. Mine was (5 pt power): White chip: yes/no question, Red: Some details, Blue: High level of detail, Legend: Incredible knowledge of future. Blessed works also for their magic-remember they are of the Abrahamic faiths (Judeo/Christian/Islam) though their exact position can be unclear.

They have a lot of small rules, for example they cannot cut their nails, but must file them; they are very concerned with spiritual cleanlieness. They speak Romay and call themselves the Rom. They are highly xenophobic and tend to keep to themselves. Having one in a posse would require some explination.

Last edited by dmosborne1 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gypsys Reply with quote

dmosborne1 wrote:
For a more Gypsy-friendly approach use spiritualist or create a fortune teller power. Mine was (5 pt power): White chip: yes/no question, Red: Some details, Blue: High level of detail, Legend: Incredible knowledge of future.

Back East: The North has a Medium Knack which runs along similar lines (though I can't recall the specific mechanics).
dmosborne1
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Shamless theft Reply with quote

dmosborne1 wrote:
For a more Gypsy-friendly approach use spiritualist or create a fortune teller power. Mine was (5 pt power): White chip: yes/no question, Red: Some details, Blue: High level of detail, Legend: Incredible knowledge of future.

Back East: The North has a Medium Knack which runs along similar lines (though I can't recall the specific mechanics).

That's where I got the idea, i gotta give credit where it is due, I just tweaked it to fit the fortune teller archetype.
inlife9
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsy magic is in the Rippers Companion pdf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: