Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rerolling damage for more bennies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manifold
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Rerolling damage for more bennies Reply with quote

SotC has me thinking about using bennies for different things.

The edge No Mercy lets a player re-roll damage. Is there any reason not to let a player without that edge re-roll damage for two bennies? Three? There are times, say at the end of a long combat with a vile dragon, when a player finally hits and his damage whiffs. Everybody's tired, they have work the next day, and it needs to end, but you don't want to hand-wave it. Creative use of bennies could save the day.

Thoughts?

http://manifold2.deviantart.com/
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could rule that everyone is allowed to throw bennies at their last roll of the night no matter what that is

OTOH If the roll fails you've gor a Cliffhanger ending and are set for your next session
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rerolling damage for more bennies Reply with quote

Actually, in our personal games, we've dropped No Mercy and just allow a benny to be spent to reroll damage.

www.peginc.com
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so did we. In my games, everyone basically starts off with no Mercy for free.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely considering allowing this in my Deadlands: Reloaded game. My players were having an awful time with damage rolls when we ran our first session the other night. If I do decide that spending bennies to reroll damage is a allowed, what would be a good way to improve the "No Mercy" Edge to compensate for the change? A flat boost to damage, say +1 or +2 or would that be too much?
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just *remove* the No Mercy Edge, and give a refund to anyone who already purchased it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: