Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Junker Questions

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Onymous
Novice


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 33
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Junker Questions Reply with quote

Alright, so I'm perusing through the Junker powers and I have a lot of questions. Having read over the rules I must say I'm pretty amazed, this is extremely well put together and allows for a lot of variability. I think its one of those things thats gonna take me a while to get a handle on. If someone could point me toward a FAQ that was put out to clarify some of the rules or some sort of walkthrough on the forum that would be appreciated. In the mean time however, I wanna know a few things.

So I'm trying to build a spy craft. A small machine with VTOL that can fly ahead of the group and spot danger/good scavenging locations/etc.

First priority is some awesome Sensor. Taking Enhanced Sense: Sight. I'm going to be giving the device some AI as well so its going to be an active sense I guess. Does that mean I also need to spend extra slots on the Range option or is that only for mindless devices? Ditto for Sensor Mods, though I plan to get ECM regardless. I'd also like for it to be able to pick up Radio Transmitions. Does that fall entirely under the purview of Commo or am I going to need to get Energy Sensors?

So far I got Enhanced Senses: Sight 2 slots, Energy Sensors: Radiation 4 slots and Radio 4 slots. 10 slots total. ECM for all of them makes 12.5 slots total. 15 Drain. I only need to get its sensor coordination after that and I'm set, right?

Then there is Commo. I'm assuming Video doesn't include sound as well so to get the whole shabang that'll be 4 slots for Data/sound/video. Lets say I want to let this thing get off some long range transmitting 100 miles= 18 slots so far. Add a data jack 2 slots. I just want the device to radio down what it sees so I don't need an output (though if I wanted it to be able to talk would that be small speaker or stereo or am I on the wrong power?) Finally if I want it to make Tight-Beam Transmitions (it'll be able to shoot what it sees right down to us from the air after all) that'd be an additional 10% right? Another 1.8=19.8

Lets say I want to be able to scramble transmitions being sent back up to it as well. If I wanted to do that with data and sound would that be an additional 2 slots per channel or just 1?
_________________
"Feels like a Cheeseburger."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 371
Location: Gilroy, Ca.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Junker Questions Reply with quote

I miss talking about Junkers... Well the best place to start would be the Accumulated Rulings http://www.sonic.net/~dkjedi/deadlands/. I remember being where you are and berating poor Hopler with question after question...

Kellindel wrote:
First priority is some awesome Sensor. Taking Enhanced Sense: Sight. I'm going to be giving the device some AI as well so its going to be an active sense I guess. Does that mean I also need to spend extra slots on the Range option or is that only for mindless devices? Ditto for Sensor Mods, though I plan to get ECM regardless. I'd also like for it to be able to pick up Radio Transmitions. Does that fall entirely under the purview of Commo or am I going to need to get Energy Sensors?


Hopler answers this for the most part. If the device isn't trying to "look" father than a person could see with any detail, then no range is needed. If a device is sending you the information it senses, then you would only need an AI for navigating on it's own. If the device isn't transmitting (which I figure is your goal so it can tell you what's what from a distance), you could go with just Sensor, but if it's doing both I'd use Commo.

Quote:
So far I got Enhanced Senses: Sight 2 slots, Energy Sensors: Radiation 4 slots and Radio 4 slots. 10 slots total. ECM for all of them makes 12.5 slots total. 15 Drain. I only need to get its sensor coordination after that and I'm set, right?


Yes if the device needs to figure out what is sees itself. Again if it is just transmitting back to the operator what it "sees" to a monitor on the operator's end then it's the operator that makes the rolls.

Quote:
Then there is Commo. I'm assuming Video doesn't include sound as well so to get the whole shabang that'll be 4 slots for Data/sound/video. Lets say I want to let this thing get off some long range transmitting 100 miles= 18 slots so far. Add a data jack 2 slots. I just want the device to radio down what it sees so I don't need an output (though if I wanted it to be able to talk would that be small speaker or stereo or am I on the wrong power?) Finally if I want it to make Tight-Beam Transmitions (it'll be able to shoot what it sees right down to us from the air after all) that'd be an additional 10% right? Another 1.8=19.8


If it's radioing back what it sees then the output is the radio the operator has (a separate device, most likely a normal radio) and doesn't need a speaker. As for the Tight-Beam Transmition your right on.

Quote:
Lets say I want to be able to scramble transmitions being sent back up to it as well. If I wanted to do that with data and sound would that be an additional 2 slots per channel or just 1?


To scramble a device you just add 10% to the slots and Drain, like a Tight-Beam Transition (though unless your really paranoid I'd drop the Tight-Beam).

Hope I helped.
_________________
Ju Ju

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum