Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[TAG] Necropolis 2350
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: [TAG] Necropolis 2350 Reply with quote

As you may or may not know, Necropolis 2350 should hit the shops around October 22. The PDF version will be out about a month later, to give shops chance to grab early sales of the hardcover book.

Before the end of October we hope to bring you the Player's Guide PDF, a PDF standalone adventure, and the Figure Flats as well--everything you need to get your campaign off to a flying start!

Over the next few months there'll be four more standalone adventures and the Necropolis 2351-55 Update. All are written and in the production queue.

Early in the new year there'll also be another Necropolis related product heading your way (it's written, but we have to find it a slot in the crowded schedule).
Robin
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy,

After playing Necropolis 2350 a few times I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. It is an awesome product!

Robin
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one I am looking forward to.

I wonder if I can get Jim to sell me a copy early. Wink
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arbor_Productions wrote:
This is one I am looking forward to.

I wonder if I can get Jim to sell me a copy early. Wink

Jim had copies shipped in for GenCon. I don't know if they all sold. If they didn't, he may have a few copies in stock right now.
Yuri
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had copies of it at Con on the Cob

Yuri
Boulder
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuri wrote:

Yuri

And I picked one up. Good stuff TAGgers.
Our Shop!!!
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boulder wrote:
Yuri wrote:

Yuri

Well, Wiggy's involved in it. So, of course!

We all know if Wiggy or Clint are involved in a book, it's a guaranteed damn good buy. Cool
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been already answered in another thread so you'll excuse me for asking it again if that's the case. Have there been any changes or additions made from the previous release of Necropolis?
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New art. The text has been cleaned up. It's SWEX-compatible. There are a few name changes, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a new Corporation. A rewrite of the solar system section. Changes to the calendar.

They're the biggest changes AFAIR.
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boulder wrote:

As did I. In fact, I showed the hardcover to my group Friday night. After flipping through it they all agreed we will begin playing it next month! And we are starting a new night to play it too.

I will actually get to be a player instead of being the GM! Yippie!!
Savage Yinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming into this setting cold.

I've not seen it before, so I took a look at the TAG website and from what I see it's quite close to Mutant Chronicles. Now, I'm not saying that this is a copy or anything, but what I would like to know is what kind of feel does Necropolis 2350 have?
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I liken it more to Starship Troopers (book, not movie) and Alien, but with undead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Savage Yinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

Starship Troopers (book, not film) is a damn fine book. I read it long before any sniff of a film was mentioned AFAIK. In essence the action is about using high technology on an alien race which doesn't have technology.

Alien is the genesis of a new genre of film, the Space-Horror. Where the monster hunts down the civilians because of a corporate error. Unless you mean Aliens, which is more akin to Starship Troopers, with the whole "Just another bug hunt" mentality.

Whereas Mutant Chronicles is about several warring corporations combining forces to overcome a powerful foe. They even turn to a small religious corporation for protection from their foes.
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage Yinn wrote:
Really?

Starship Troopers (book, not film) is a damn fine book. I read it long before any sniff of a film was mentioned AFAIK. In essence the action is about using high technology on an alien race which doesn't have technology.

Alien is the genesis of a new genre of film, the Space-Horror. Where the monster hunts down the civilians because of a corporate error. Unless you mean Aliens, which is more akin to Starship Troopers, with the whole "Just another bug hunt" mentality.

Whereas Mutant Chronicles is about several warring corporations combining forces to overcome a powerful foe. They even turn to a small religious corporation for protection from their foes.

When I said Alien, I meant the franchise, not the single film, though the accidental confrontation thing is not far from the truth for the origin of Necropolis. There is a little bit in common with Mutant Chronicles, even the Church is a corporation, I think. Starship Troopers fits because of the whole indoctrination thing that goes on in that story.

You could certainly play Necropolis with a bug hunt mentality, but I think there's much more to the setting, from a potential metaplot standpoint.
Savage Yinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sounding more interesting as I here more about it. I'll have to add it to my list of games to own/play.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the bugs and skinnies in the book Starship Troopers did have just as high a technology as the humans did; they had a beam that would fry you inside your suit, for instance.

SteveN
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the real draw of Starship Troopers is Robert's writing, back in the 60's, exactly how screwed-up our society would become today. All the way down to the kids.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Blessing wrote:
There is a little bit in common with Mutant Chronicles, even the Church is a corporation, I think. Starship Troopers fits because of the whole indoctrination thing that goes on in that story.

The basic premise (heroes vs. horrible things) is near-identical to MC, but that's about all they have in common. The Corporations in Necropolis are essentially bad guys, despite being human.

The indoctrination thing Ron mentioned is actually an important part of the game, although it isn't overtly mentioned. Check the section on the Church and you'll see that it's present, though.

Despite playing "holy warriors," the heroes are most definitely not Lawful Good holier-than-thou paladins. They're soldiers who serve the Third Reformation Church. They are men and women of faith, but that faith runs from acceptance of the only religion because it is the only religion and you've been brought up repeatedly told that to think otherwise is heretical to outright fanatacism.

It's essentially an extreme medieval western European mindset in the future.

Of course, how much the actual religion side of the setting comes into play is the call of the GM and players--we don't ram that aspect down your throat. It's always in the background, but it can stay there if you prefer.

Quote:

You could certainly play Necropolis with a bug hunt mentality, but I think there's much more to the setting, from a potential metaplot standpoint.

At its core, Necropolis is a game of military-horror. That's the main focus, and we won't deny that, but that leaves plenty of room for investigative-horror, or even police duties. One of our PDF adventures (in production) is set around the Knights operating as undercover agents to smash a drug's ring, for instance.

There is actually a metaplot as well. The Update starts to hint at it, as do the standalone adventures. But so far only two folk know the whole picture---me and CAPryde.
TeknoMerk
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At its core, Necropolis is a game of military-horror. That's the main focus, and we won't deny that, but that leaves plenty of room for investigative-horror, or even police duties. One of our PDF adventures (in production) is set around the Knights operating as undercover agents to smash a drug's ring, for instance.

There is actually a metaplot as well. The Update starts to hint at it, as do the standalone adventures. But so far only two folk know the whole picture---me and CAPryde.

and that is what makes Necropolis so interesting. It's not a a simple campaign of repeated smash-n-grab or destroy this-or-that. Players must begin to understand what is really happening if they plan to save humanity.

I like Necropolis for the story. Getting to play in that world is a bonus... I very much look forward to the new products and how the story continues to unfold.

Creator of Savage Apocalypse
Savagepedia contributor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: