Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daring Tales for Ubiquity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferno!
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

From the Gamingreport.com:
Quote:
An Anonymous Reader Reports: Triple Ace Games (TAG) and Exile Game Studio (EGS) are pleased to announce that TAG’s popular Daring Tales of Adventure line of pulp roleplaying game adventures are to be converted to EGS’s widely-acclaimed Ubiquity Roleplaying System under a licensing agreement.

TAG’s creative director and author of the Daring Tales line, Paul “Wiggy” Wade-Williams says, “As a fan of the Ubiquity system and Hollow Earth Expedition RPG, it’s a great privilege to be working with Jeff Combos and the team at Exile Game Studio on this venture. I’ve been freelancing for a decade, but it’s always a buzz to be able to work on one of your favourite systems. Our adventures are fast-paced, two-fisted tales designed to mimic the style and feel of the Saturday morning serials, so they’re a great match for the Ubiquity system.”

Robin Elliott, Production Director of TAG, says "I am very excited by this opportunity to make our pulp adventures available to a whole new audience. We hope that the fans of the Ubiquity system enjoy these action tales as much as we have enjoyed creating them!"

“The Daring Tales perfectly capture the pulp vibe we imbued into Hollow Earth Expedition RPG, and it’s great to be working with a company who understands the spirit of the genre,” says Jeff Combos, President of Exile Games.

Four adventures will be bundled together in each set, with one set being released each quarter. The first release, containing Daring Tales #1–#4, will be released in January 2009 as a PDF product.

Triple Ace Games
TAG is a UK games company specializing in roleplaying games holding licenses for the Savage Worlds™ and Ubiquity™ systems. Their product range includes the Daring Tales of Adventure™ and Daring Tales of Chivalry™ adventure lines, and the Necropolis 2350™ and Sundered Skies™ campaign settings. The company is a partnership between Paul “Wiggy” Wade-Williams (formerly creative director of Pinnacle Entertainment Group and author of the Pirates of the Spanish Main™, The Savage World of Solomon Kane™, and Slipstream™ settings, among others) and Robin Elliott, who designed many of Pinnacle’s interior layouts.

Surprised

Wiggy, you will still be doing Savage Worlds along with Ubiquity right?
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

Cancel Bear wrote:
Surprised

For the foreseeable future, yes. All we're doing under the current license is converting our Daring Tales line to the Ubiquity system. Seemed unfair not to share the pulp adventures Smile

But as with anything we produce, it depends on sales. If SW sales die off, TAG has new options open to us.
burningcrow
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
If SW sales die off

You actually see this as a possibility to plan for? Surprised
jonspierson
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

burningcrow wrote:
Wiggy wrote:
If SW sales die off

You actually see this as a possibility to plan for? Surprised

Seems like it would always be a good idea to plan for such things, particularly in RPG/game publishing. Doesn't mean there's any immediate signs of SW floundering.

You know what you call an RPG publisher who doesn't plan for sales to eventually taper off?

"Waiter!"

Smile
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

burningcrow wrote:
You actually see this as a possibility to plan for?
jonspierson wrote:
Seems like it would always be a good idea to plan for such things, particularly in RPG/game publishing. Doesn't mean there's any immediate signs of SW floundering.

We're not talking about SW in general; the game has a lot of support right now. We're talking about if TAG's SW sales die off. Fans may not like what we're producing, regardless of how well SW is doing overall.

Plus, as an independent company, TAG needn't put all its eggs in one basket. Products for varied settings allows us to tap into new markets.

Quote:

You know what you call an RPG publisher who doesn't plan for sales to eventually taper off?

"Waiter!"

Smile

Very Happy
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it's a good thing I bought the Hollow Earth book and Screen. Very Happy

More flavors of my favorite food!
SavageChristian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Triple Ace found a way to get me to buy their stuff twice.

Damn you!! Wink

Keep up the good work. The products have been real gems so far.
"If you can geek out about it, we will"
Can't resist...Must read more Savage Worlds...Aaaaaaah!
NOESKANE
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Cancel Bear wrote:
Surprised

For the foreseeable future, yes. All we're doing under the current license is converting our Daring Tales line to the Ubiquity system. Seemed unfair not to share the pulp adventures Smile

But as with anything we produce, it depends on sales. If SW sales die off, TAG has new options open to us.

Hello!

Would you consider doing dual-stat books (Ubiquity & SW)?

Thanks
No
Es
Kane
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Daring Tales for Ubiquity Reply with quote

NOESKANE wrote:

Would you consider doing dual-stat books (Ubiquity & SW)?

Doubtful, in all honesty, at least for the current batch (which goes to Issue #16).

Our current license only covers converting the existing DTAs, not writing new ones. The SW DTAs are coming out as single adventures, whereas the Ubiquity ones are a bundle of four adventures.

Whereas the SW license is free, the Ubiquity one isn't. We get a very good deal from Exile Games, but if we dual statted the adventure we'd still have to pay the royalty regardless of the system you were using. We could up the price, of course, but that doesn't generally sit well with fans Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: