Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NE] Actual Play Plot Point Campaign - Player's Perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Game 3 - SPOILERS - Plot Point Campaign Reply with quote

XcomSquaddie wrote:
I'm guessing that someone PM'ed Gospog about using "Undocumented Minions" in his latest write-up. It didn't occur to me either but I guess it could be offensive to some people. You can see that he has since removed the post.

I'm guessing it had more to do with a certain statement on politics in the write-up, and while borderline (it is a character statement not a personal one), I appreciate the respect to the forum rules on that matter.

And to clarify, posts are auto-culled after a period on inactivity on the forums. I think the earlier request to add a poll in the first post is in response to that, since threads with polls are "immune" to the auto-cull.

www.peginc.com
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clint, I was just now PMing you.

I meant no disrespect and I'm releived that you got that. I hope it's ok to leave the link up, but if that's not the case, let me know.

And yeah, Dr. Omega is a much worse person than I am, but I'd never try to use that as a cheap excuse to post politics.

Thanks.

-Tom
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so we all agree on Gospog keeps continue to post his “Dr.-Omegas-Psychological-Hygiene-Blog” and avoids the deepest inner pits of his political incorrect villain.
Whom we all love by the way.
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings in an interesting dilemma.

PEG maintains a web forum with high standards of posting quality. This creates a good posting atmosphere free of flames, attacks and insults. The forums promote creativity and discussion, providing both answers and inspiration to fans of PEG products.

PEG also produces a game where the players are encouraged and expected to portray characters that are by default politically incorrect. By their very nature these characters would totally obliterate any standards of the forums.

Also, the nature of said game tends to produce dialogue regarding social, political and/or economic subjects. These topics are some of the most volatile subjects on the planet and can, in a matter of moments, reduce otherwise rational individuals into gibbering, frothing beasts of rage.

This dilemma forces a fine line between posting decorum and infringing on the storylines.

All that rambling aside, I think the posters on this board are mature enough to accept comments in the vein they are intended and to remember the difference between in-character and out-of-character posting.

And in any case, if we get too mouthy, I'm sure Clint can tase us back in line... Mr. Green
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealJudas wrote:
Okay, so we all agree on Gospog keeps continue to post his “Dr.-Omegas-Psychological-Hygiene-Blog” and avoids the deepest inner pits of his political incorrect villain.
Whom we all love by the way.

Agreed.

Maybe he can give "Politically Incorrect" space, like we do with spoilers...
Razz
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Game 4 - SPOILERS - Plot Point Campaign Reply with quote

Ok, I heavily edited this episode. I'm working on setting up a seperate site or even a Dr. Omega blog, offsite.

For now, here's PG-13. Thanks for all of the the support and kind words. We're having a blast! We play again on the 20th!

The one-armed V’sori screamed in pain and collapsed to the cold, white floor. The electrical discharge had been so strong that his remaining hand was smoking. So were his teeth.

Dr. Omega keyed the intercom into the stark white cell, “Ingenious, isn’t it? I designed it especially for you. As you’ve deduced, you can open the door by turning both of those keys at the same time. Doing so earns you your freedom. Turning one key, or turning them both in the same direction, delivers a powerful electric shock. But I see you’ve discovered that.”

The V’sori Warlord pushed himself up using one arm and a cold metal wall. He glared at Dr. Omega but remained silent.

“Ah, and I see from that mess in the corner, you’ve discovered what happens when you try to remove the Null Psi helmet. Just wait until you have nothing left to throw up, then it gets really interesting.”

“I am impressed that you tried using your teeth to turn a key, though. Very resourceful.”

Dr. Omega idly swatted a koala bear trying to climb his cape and studied his captive. The V’sori looked almost human, except for his blue skin and lack of a nose. The Doctor wondered if he looked like a human on the inside. Only one way to find out. Smiling under his skull-shaped mask, Dr. Omega thought back to the events that brought this prisoner to the Omega Dome…

The master criminals ran to their van as all of the alarms at the 7-11 went off. The nondescript grey van was already running. Paco and Jose, Dr. Omega’s surviving minions, were waiting at the back of the van, ready to load bags of money into the back.

There were no bags of money.

Dr. Omega glared at his clone sons. They’d chosen to hit the 7-11 on a Sunday night, apparently after the armored car had taken all the earnings for the end of the week. They had risked running into the V’sori…or worse…for $150.00.

A ball of glowing energy bobbed alongside Dr. Omega’s helmeted head, “UPS, get in the back. Let the new guy drive. I want him to learn the way to the Omega Dome and traffic doesn’t look too bad.”

“New guy?”

“Yes. After Sanchez died in that bizarre chainsaw incident, I hired another…undocumented minion.”

The villains and minions piled into the van. The accelerator revved as they sped off. “Gentlemen, meet Delgado, my new minion.”

Hearing his name, the hooded minion waved to the rest of the van, “Hi”.

“What?” cried UPS, despite not having a mouth…or a face, “That’s not his real name!”

“It’s what it says on his driver’s license. Would the sate of Massachusetts lie? Now shut up, I must brood.”

The ride back to the Omega Dome was quiet. No one dared disturb the criminal genius in his brooding, except for Scrape, who asked politely for his allowance (he and Vertebreaker each get $5.00 a week).

Emerging from the crowded elevator into the Omega Dome itself, Dr. Omega was in for two more surprises.

His control chair spun around to face them, revealing a very attractive Asian woman in a very revealing kimono-style outfit. The kimono also revealed dozens of intricate tattoos. She had a katana sheathed on her back.

“You!” snarled Dr. Omega. This was the same woman who had absconded with a share of the bank loot they had “liberated”, not six months ago. She had stunned Dr. Omega and made her escape. He found her…intriguing.

“Yes, me. Good evening doctor. I hope you don’t mind that I let myself in. I love your koala bears, by the way.”

It was then that Dr. Omega noticed the koala bears. This woman had one on her lap. More were hanging from the ceiling, crawling on the floor, swinging from priceless scientific instruments…

“SCRAPE!!!”

“Yay! Doggies!” Scrape clapped what passed for his hands together. He had saved his allowance for months (and robbed a hot dog cart) to be able to order ‘doggies’, shipped to his home. The doggies were here.

UPS flashed forward, zapping koalas as he flew, “On it, boss.”

Koala bears scattered as the villains and their visitor repaired to the Meeting Chamber, to get more comfortable and talk.

“I assume, then, that there is something you need the Omega Men for, Miss…?”

“Angela.”

“Yes. Ok. Angela. Let’s cut to the chase here. I know for a fact that you are very…capable. You must need something from us and are here to ask for it. I’m a pragmatic man. Tell me what you need and maybe we can all end up happy.”

Dr. Omega steepled his gauntleted hands together with small, metallic clickings.

“Ok, I’ll get right to the point. I assume you are familiar with the camps that the V’sori use to turn people into robotic drones?”

“Of course”, Dr. Omega made mental note to look into these camps.

“Well, Haseo, a leader in my…organization-“

“The Yakuza?”

“Yes, the Yakuza. The Los Angeles Yakuza, to be specific.”

“But Los Angeles was leveled by the V’sori.”

“Yes, exactly. I failed to stop them. I was out of town. I thought I was the only survivor. But then I found out that Haseo, our leader, is being held in this drone camp in western Massachusetts.”

“WHAT?” Interjected UPS”

“Please ignore my employee. He’s…Russian.”

“O-ok. Well, I need help getting Haseo out of that camp. I am prepared to pay any price but-“

“But you have no one else to turn to.”

They both looked over at Scrape, trying to form his dough-like flesh into a probe he could stick into an electrical socket. Vertebreaker advised him in a bass stage whisper, “I’ve got next”.

Angela’s face contorted in barely repressed misery. “I really don’t.”

The nondescript grey van pulled up in front of the massive chain link fence. Overhead, a V’sori manta swooped in for a landing in the compound. The manta was clearly damaged and radioed into V’sori ground control that they needed to make a rough landing.

Inside the compound, a King Crab battle tank sat inert near the landing strip. Several windowless buildings filled the compound. At the far end, herds of human prisoners were penned in by more chain link fences. Most of them looked heavily sedated. Twenty drones guarded the entrance to that holding pen.

The damaged manta skidded to a halt, crushing a K’tharen under its nosecone. As the two nearby V’sori turned to see what had happened to their gunner, the hatch on the manta popped open and Scrape bounded out, “Hi!”.

Dr, Omega opened the secure microbead channel. “All units, go! Attack! Arriba!”

Vertebreaker charged out of the van and grabbed ahold of the chain link fence gate. It was massive, but so was Vertebreaker. The calcified cretin tore the gate off its hinges, sending it flying onto another hapless K’tharen! The alien was crushed by the massive reinforced gate.

Angela and the Omega Minions were right behind him. They rushed into the mob of V’sori and K’tharen even as Scrape lay around him with a large hammer.

“Hey”, noted Dr. Omega, “That’s my hammer! He took that from my workshop!”

Putting aside his annoyance for the moment, the Doctor activated stolen alien circuits in his armor, teleporting to the holding pens of humans. He located Haseo, one pen away. But four drone guards patrolled this area. He stood as still as he could.

UPS had not been idle during all of this. He arced over into the empty King Crab battle tank! The lime green monstrosity rose up on its repulsorlift engines and its weapon systems came to life, blasting drones and buildings with reckless abandon!

Scrape had accounted or almost all of the V’sori and K’tharen. Sadly, Paco had given his life in battle, his still-running chainsaw churning in the damp Massachusetts ground. Delgado saw his chance to impress his new employer and picked the chainsaw up. He followed Jose, who was hosing aliens down with his light machinegun.

Back in the holding pens, a drone had noticed Dr. Omega but took him for an intractable human prisoner. He zapped the villain with an electric prod, stunning him. Satisfied, he turned back to his guard duties.

Back in the compound, almost all of the drones were destroyed. UPS blasted a hole through the building that Dr. Omega told him explicitly not to destroy and Angela jumped into the building through it. A second later, she flew back out, backwards. Blood trickled from her nose.

Dr.Omega grabbed Haseo, the Yakuza boss and teleported him back to the Manta. He placed the heavily drugged criminal into the cockpit and hit the button that would fly him along a pre-programmed route, back to the Omega Dome. A recorded message from Angela would activate in-flight, answering any questions he might have about waking up in a V’sori jet fighter.

Meanwhile, over by what Dr. Omega took to be the actual drone creation building (now a smoking ruin), his villainous henchmen had cornered a V’sori Warlord! Scrape and Vertebreaker were acting as gunners for the stolen King Crab. The proud and haughty alien stood defiant in front of the oncoming alien battletank.

It shot his arm off.

The V’sori crumpled to the ground, his stump of an arm already cauterized. He went into shock immediately.

“Get him into the van. And tie him up! UPS, evacuate that tank, we cannot hide it in the Omega Dome…and we’re leaving.”

At the Doctor’s orders, UPS drove the tank through the chain link fencing around the captive humans. They were free. The villains couldn’t take the prisoners with them, but if they started running, the humans might have a chance.

Over by what used to be the gate, Vertebreaker and Scrape watched the remaining minions load the Warlord into the van. The two clone-sons of Dr. Omega also grabbed a couple of drones that had not been “programmed” yet. They loaded those in as well.

“Dad”, said Vertebreaker, “Are we rich now? Is the Yakuza paying us millions for this?”

“No. I asked for no money. We got something much more valuable tonight, Vertebreaker. The Yakuza…owes us a favor. When the time comes, we will call that favor in, much to the detriment of our alien overlords.”

“Ummm….that’s good. Can I have a raise in my allowance?”

“Get in the van”

“And now here we are, my blue friend. You’re a guest in my Omega Dome. I hope you’re comfortable. Because you’re not going anywhere…”

TO BE CONTINUED
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I am enjoying these greatly. The inappropriateness of the villains is part of the fun, in my eyes.

Gordon
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone! Our next game is the 20th, so stay tuned.

-Tom
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: INTERLUDE - The Interrogation Reply with quote

Today's game has a whopping EIGHT Players! Rather than slow the game down while Dr. Omega interrogates his V'sori prisoner (or worse yet,m all eight of us try to interrogate him), my wise and beautiful GM let me email her my questions.

I then sorted her answer into a bit of an interlude story. We still have a few hours until Game Time, but here's a "behind the scenes" extra for you...
Battle Master Tirosh opened his remaining eye. The water draining from the chamber woke him up abruptly. His head still pounded from the chemicals in the water. According to his captor, the insufferable mammal Dr. Omega, the chemicals were what were now keeping Tirosh from activating his psychic powers. The splitting pain in his skull corroborated this theory.

The click of the intercom let him know what was coming next. He didn’t bother looking up, didn’t want to see that skull-shaped face plate, the glowing green photoreceptors.

<click> “I know you’re awake, Tirosh. You did very well. I once heard a V’sori boast about wresting beasts much tougher than sharks back on your homeworld. Apparently, the boast had a basis in fact. Of course, my pets are robotic sharks…shame about your leg. Still…very impressive.”

Tirosh looked up, ignoring the nausea that made his head swim with every motion. “You pathetic monkey, what do- what’s on your leg?”

Dr Omega swatted impatiently at the offending pest. “Damn koalas.” A gesture from his gauntleted hand turned on the floodlights and heat lamps in the holding cell. Steam rose from the damp floor and the damp prisoner. The V’sori warlord winced in pain.

“Let’s cut the chit chat, Tirosh. I’m running out of death traps to test and we’re past the point where we pretend that you’re going to leave here alive. We’ve both been in this game long enough to know the real questions now: fast or slow? Suffering…or a long nap? I can make this easy on you…or I can give you back to Scrape.”

The prone alien shuddered involuntarily. That Scrape…thing…it was not human. It was not…pleasant. His gills fluttered as he exhaled a deep breath. “You won’t break me, human.”

“Drop the bravado. You’re already broken. I’m going to ask you these questions one last time. I’d love to hear some straight answers…but either way, I get to finish my PSI-borg tonight…”

The V’sori’s head dropped in resignation.

“First Question: What's going on with Atlantis? It's sunk, does anyone still live there?”

“It sank 200 Terran years ago. Happy?”

“Hardly, everyone knows that it sunk hundreds of years ago. I want to know about the Atleanteans. I hear they were masters of…magic? Are you afraid of magic? Can the Atleanteans guess what card you pull from the deck? Turn a bouquet of flowers into a dove?”

“Human, you would do well not to trifle with Atlenatean ma- no, you know what? Go ahead. Delve into the Atleantean Mysteries. I implore you; investigate a threat even greater than that of my people.

But please…kill me first.”

”Fine. We’ll move on, then. Have the V'sori encountered the Atlanteans before?”

Dr. Omega cursed his imperfect understanding of the V’sori language. The sensor array in his armor told him that Atlanteans were being cursed in more audio wavelengths than he could readily detect. The V’sori grit his teeth so hard, chips of bone spewed from his blue lips.

”Huh. I’m going to write down ‘yes’ and we’ll just keep going.”

“Here’s a fun one. What other client races besides the K'tharen do the V'sori control?”

“Ah, why did you not ask me this before, monkey? The glorious V’sori Empire has crushed many, many races and brought them to heel.”

“The blue skinned alien was obviously happy to answer.

“Hmmm, let’s see. What are some of the most important? Well, there are the Grays. As far as humans are concerned, your tall gray aliens, best known for the barbed fingers they use for inflicting pain. They started their studies of you decades ago, of course.

The T'evza ares mall green skinned aliens, farmers on their homeworld of F'thgar where the G'roks are native to. I understand you’ve encountered the G’roks. They’re infinitely more useful than the T'evza themselves are.

The Proteans are a meek race of shapeshifters - they tried to flee rather than fight. We were forced to all but wipe them out. Weaklings.

I could go on, of course, but I think I’ll leave some surprises for you. If the K’tharen don’t crush you, there are plenty more subjugated troops where they came from.”

”Fascinating. This one should be easily answerable for you, considering the facility you ran. Why create Drones from humans but remove free will? Wouldn't true automatons be easier?”

“Automatons? You think that technology just- I ought to just- You know what, human? Kill me, I am sick of answering your questions, you arrogant genetic throwback! Why don’t you have an automaton kill me, if you think you can make one!”

”My, my, aren’t we ferocious? Very well, then. What’s going on the Star City Aquarium?”

”I would rather die than tell you, human.”

“How original. Why was Star City not leveled with the other cities in the US?”

Taciturn silence was the only response. Dr. Omega decided not to press the issue and switch to a new topic.

“Can a V'sori or K'tharen develop superpowers?”

“V’sori are a master race and do not need so-called ‘super powers’. We are masters of the mind! We are superior to your puny race in every way!”

“Hmmm…yes. Your brain is certainly…receptive to psionic wavelengths. And pain inducers. Don’t worry, the pain will end when your brain is powering my PSI-borg! But we’re getting ahead of ourselves, if only by a matter of minutes.

So…speaking of robotic engineering, can the Drone process be reversed?”

“What?”

“The process used to turn humans into drones. Can it be reversed?”

“What? Why…why would anyone want to? This is foolishness. Just kill me and get it over with.”

“As you wish, Battle Master Tirosh. But I’m afraid that I’m not going to kill you.

You see, I recovered a giant robot from Terron’s lair. It rather…lost its head and I’ve built it a new one. This new head is a marvel of psionic engineering. It will allow my robot to manifest psionic powers. Of course, I need a living psionic brain to fuel the machine.

Any last words?”

“Die, human scum.”

“Good bye, Tirosh. When you wake up, you will be trapped behind the eyes of my PSI-borg, awake but helpless to stop what is happening, a slave to the will of Dr. Omega!

Scrape! Prep lab 3…”
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Looking forward to more.

Any luck on getting a blog set up so we can view the story in all it's uncouth glory? Mr. Green
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A second for seeing this blogged unedited. I would personally recommend LiveJournal. But then that's the one I'm on.
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

Location: Officially Bremen, Germany but mostly my own little world inside my head (soo peaceful & pretty)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you just wanna read the filth and the political incorrectness and the foul language... Wink
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealJudas wrote:
Oh you just wanna read the filth and the political incorrectness and the foul language... Wink

Yep. Pretty much. Mr. Green
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* bump *

updates?

please???
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Thanks for the bump. I am about halfway done with the new write-up but it's been tough to squeeze in. We've had a CRAZY week!

I'll try to finish it tonight. I actually run my game (Dark Heresy) tomorrow.

This recent most game was very long, we went into the AM! (we start in the late afternoon) So there's a lot to write. Worst case scenario: it will be up this weekend.

Thanks again.

-Tom
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Episode 5 - Plot Point Campaign SPOILERS! Reply with quote

Date: September 21
Therapist: Dr. Leonard Mortin
Subject: Omega
Session 57

DR. MORTIN: Dr. Omega, I umm…well, you’ve never woken me up in the middle of the night before? Are you all right? What is going on?

OMEGA: I will forgive your demanding tone, Dr. Mortin. This time. I do in fact have exciting news. I have a hobby!

DR. MORTIN: Oh, yes…well, that is big news. I do recall that we discussed the therapeutic advantages of taking up a hobby. But if I remember correctly, we also decided that attempting to take over the world is an occupation and not a hobby.

OMEGA: Yes, of course! My memory, as you well know, is perfect! No, my new hobby is…collecting V’sori Battle Masters! I just picked up a new one and I’m very excited! Who would have thought? I mean, I turned the last one into a lumbering psionic monstrosity but I can do anything I want with this one! What do you think? Would it be gauche to make another lumbering psionic monstrosity? Hmmm, maybe…

DR. MORTIN: Er, Dr. Omega, maybe it would be best if you started at the beginning of this latest…acquisition. And don’t forget to let me know how each event made you feel.

OMEGA: Very well, it was time for the monthly meeting of my Omega Men…

They sat around the oval table. Some of them stretched their legs out, where the way was not blocked by milk crates (holding the table up). Others were somewhat cramped or did not have legs in any case.

Dr. Omega looked around and nodded in confirmation, all were in attendance…almost. “Scrape! Where the hell is your half-wit brother, Vertebreaker? The meeting is starting!”

“He’s on the computer, Pa.”

Dr. Omega stomped over to the “lounge” where the OmegaMac sat. Vertebreaker was trying desperately to figure out how to “Check his Internets”. Computer Science is not something you pick up growing to monstrous maturity in a vat.

In his confusion, Vertebreaker typed his own name into Google, thinking that the computer would know that meant he wanted his email. Or something. A desperate, bony finger jabbed “Enter”.

Dr. Omega cut his network connection via a transmitter in his armor and was about to put his gauntleted fist through yet another monitor when he saw the results of Vertebreakers’ search. It was a website dedicated to…him. To Vertebreaker. Dr. Omega re-clicked the relay and the fist headed for the monitor swatted Vertebreaker off the chair.

What trickery was this? Opening multiple browser tabs, the fiendish doctor pulled up fan pages for each of the Omega Men. The Omega Women had several pages each. Many of those required credit card information to enter.

The mad genius called the others over to see. One by one, they sat and took in the sheer scope of their newfound Internet Fame. Dr. Omega himself cut his session short when the page he discovered for himself was found to be some sort of gay fetish site. Predictably, the computer monitor paid the ultimate price for someone’s digital adoration.

“Back to the meeting! Move!”

The villains settled back in, several clutching particularly flattering print-outs from their fan sites. Dr. Omega introduced Angela, the Yakuza Assassin he’d asked to return to the Omega Dome to “work off” part of her debt to the Omega Men. She was met with slight nods from most of the villains. Scrape’s attempt to wolf whistle ruined all of the paper print-outs in front of him, as well as part of the table.

The meeting proper commenced. Dr. Omega shared the results of his interrogation of the V’sori Battle Master, Tirosh. They then discussed other recent findings, such as the results of their last mission and the raid on the Drone Camp in Massachusetts. Dr. Saurial particularly asked a lot of pointed questions about the drone creation process, or at least the parts they’d seen at the camp.

Their discussion was interrupted by the still-active computer, which loudly announced, “You’ve got OMEGA mail!”

Cursing the busted CRT monitor, Dr. Omega pulled the message up on the Heads Up Display inside his helmet. Earlier, he’d sent a message to Crab Imperial, the giant mutant crab and would-be Emperor of the Seas, asking what he knew about the villain Hydra. Everyone knows that Hydra was the nemesis of Aquarian, but Aquarian was known to be long dead. His recent ‘encounters’ with Hydra’s illegitimate child made Dr. Omega highly suspicious.

The Omega Mail message from Crab Imperial said that he would discuss the matter with Omega over a meal of the highest quality at the Imperial Garden, one of the most successful Chinese restaurants in Westpoint. Crab Imperial owned and ran the Garden.

Lured not only by the promise of egg rolls, but also by the prospect of ending the Omega Meeting early, the villains all piled into the nondescript, grey van outside. Almost all of them, at least. Dr. Saurial drove Isis’s Porche and Isis herself drove her three-seater red motorcycle.

On the way to the restaurant, Dr. Omega explained his relationship with Crab Imperial. They had knocked over a series of banks in San Diego in the 1980s. The money they’d stolen funded a horrifying parade of death rays, giant robots and cyborg sharks. Ah, the good old days…

These days, Crab Imperial honors their old partnership, acting as an emergency resource for Dr. Omega. Should the unthinkable happen and the Omega Dome be compromised (again), Dr. Omega will escape in a pod that is launched via cannon into the Atlantic Ocean. A pre-determined and automatic distress signal will summon Crab Imperial’s Rangoons to come and haul the pod to place of aquatic safety.

“And there’s room for all of us in the pod, right, Pa?” added Vertebreaker.

“Oh…of course…son. There’s room for any and all…survivors.”

The grey van pulled up to the restaurant, Dr. Omega gestured to the Reverend Burdo. “Perhaps a tour group from out of town?”

The Reverend closed his eyes briefly. When he opened them, the Omega Men and even the Omega Minions appeared as normal people in loud Hawaiian shirts. Everyone appeared to have a camera, as well.

“Perfect”.

The Imperial Garden was something of a hot spot, by post-invasion standards. The V’sori even ate there, occasionally, and so gave Crab Imperial some latitude when it came to, well, existing. He fed their conquerors well and in return heard a lot of very interesting things.

After the minions were diverted off to a shabby back room (rules are rules), the ‘tourists’ were greeted by Crab Imperial himself! The giant purple, mutant crab scuttled up with menus clutched in one massive pincer, “Oooh! How many in your party, sir?”

Dr. Omega almost laughed. Burdo’s disguises were foolproof. “1986, Western Federal Credit Union. A man in a gray suit, begging for mercy. He had to go home…”

“To his dog! Ha! Ha! Ha!” finished the enormous crustacean. “Omega, so good to see you! And not floating in the At-“

“Yes! Very good, Imperial. Very good. These are my Omega Men. I can make proper introductions once we are seated?”

A well-appointed back room actually had a bit of room to spare once all of the villains and Crab Imperial had taken their seats. Imperial wore his Tyrant’s crown, glistening with cutting-edge electronic weaponry. His Scepter of Oppression was no less impressive and glinted as he gestured with it. Simply dressed Rangoons brought several courses to the table but it was not long before the conversation turned to business.

“ Hydra is a …delicate subject. He is dead. It happened just recently, I’m afraid. You know all about his suspected romance with the President’s daughter?”

“First hand. So to speak. But how did Hydra die?”

“Well, his hidden lab, his seaside lair, was invaded by the V’sori, in force. They killed him and said to be there right now, ransacking his research.”

“I see. Well, I-“

“Omega Men! Listen up!” All of the Omega Men’s comm. Beads boomed with the unmistakable voice of Dr. Destruction.

“Oh good, I was afraid we’d get to have a meeting in peace. What is it, Destruction?”

“Go to the former lair of Hydra. You will retrieve a long, blue box that looks something like a telephone booth. You will bring this device to a pre-designated drop point without bringing a whole battalion of V’sori coastal troops down on you. Drop information is forthcoming. Destruction out.”

They had all heard the message. They were all, to a man, annoyed by Destruction. Horribly annoyed. Murderously annoyed. Some day…

Dr. Omega gestured for everyone to place their comm Beads in a pile in the center of the table. He placed next to them a jury-rigged jamming device and switched it on. White noise filled the room.

“Imperial, we have reason to believe that Hydra had or has developed a way into Atlantis. A working teleportation tube, close to Star City. We’re going to get Destruction’s ‘phone booth’ but if you know anything else about Hydra, we need to know now.”

“Well, there are…rumors. A V’sori Battle Master, Ikaran, is said to have killed Hydra. You have to understand: Hydra could regenerate and was resistant to most forms of psionic attack. If this Ikaran killed him, then he is powerful indeed. Be careful, Dr. Omega.”

With that, the Omega Men took their leave. One short van ride later, they were back at the Omega Dome, making plans to infiltrate the lair of Hydra and recover the teleportation chamber.

The plan was (not unlike the Omega Men) simple in the extreme.

UPS would activate his Manta fighter and fly Scrape to the coast, where Hydra’s lair sat, built into the rocky seawall itself. They would float just under the surface of the water, avoiding detection, and wait for Dr. Omega’s signal.

The balance of the group would pile into a large boxy moving truck. Reverend Burdo would make it appear like a V’sori (Dr. Omega) was leading a moving crew of humans (everyone else) in delivering a truck full of scientific equipment to the lair. Some actual scientific equipment taken from the Omega Dome would lend creditability to their story and potentially prove useful to the mad Doctor should they need a hastily constructed device.

Dr. Omega directed his hulking clone sons to load a tarp-covered crate into the moving truck, as well. It took both brutes to muscle the box into the van, leaving little room for the various villains and henchmen. At one point, Scrape lifted the tarp and took a peek inside, joined instantly by Vertebreaker. They giggled maliciously.

The illusion lasted seconds, slightly longer than the plan.

The truck rolled down the dirt road to Hydra’s seaside lair. V’sori war-spheres hailed them but their hails went unanswered, bringing a swarm of war-spheres down on the truck, blasting away.

The villains cut slits in the cloth sides of the truck (the illusion would cover those as well). Those that had a clear line of sight shot war-spheres down, time and again.

One particular war-sphere hovered in front of the truck, where two of the robed omega Minions were driving. “Mira!”

It was to be the last word Gordita ever screamed and the last word Delgado ever heard. The war-sphere opened fire, smashing the windshield and vaporizing both minions. The truck swerved dangerously out of control.

“Isis!” shouted Dr. Omega, but the assassin was already bounding into the driver’s seat. “Ubu can drive, too!” she shot over her shoulder as she fought to bring the truck under control.

At the lair itself, a manta fighter had risen level with the windows built into the cliff face. Scrape peered in and saw a ‘garage’ of sorts, with a M’buna and a Manta parked in it. A lone K’tharen guarded the vehicles.

Or at least, he guarded the vehicles until he happened to peer out one of the windows. A misshapen fist smashed through the glass and grabbed the aquatic alien by the head. Then the hand squeezed.

Outside the lair, on the dirt road, at least a dozen more war-spheres had appeared.

Dr. Saurial had taken to the roof of the truck and was returning fire when a direct hit from a blaster rifle dropped him. A cursory glance made it clear that he was badly hurt. He lay on the floor of the truck, groaning, barely conscious.

Burdo’s minions were hanging off of the truck, shooting sphere after sphere. Vertebreaker was tackling and smashing them, but it wasn’t going to be enough.

Dr. Omega kicked the crate that he’d had his sons pack.

“Wake up! We need your…intellect.”

The tarp tore away, caught the rushing wind of the moving truck, and fluttered away. The PSI-borg sat up in its crate. Glowing red eyes sat below an armor-glass dome. Inside the dome, a grayish-purple V’sori brain pulsed steadily. This horrifying head sat on the shoulders of Terron’s former giant robot. Its head swiveled to face Dr. Omega.

“Send out a psychic message. Tell the war-spheres to stand down.”

The glowing red eyes pulsed. Dr. Omega turned around, looking out a tear in the fabric, tracking the battle. A scythe-tipped hand raised behind him…and lowered. The war-spheres stopped shooting.

Uninformed of this recent development, Vertebreaker slammed a war-sphere to the ground. “Yeah! Take that, bitch! Yeah! Who da man?”

“Vertebreaker, get in. I can see Scrape on top of the compound, motioning us into the garage.”

Inside the garage, the villains ignored the headless K’tharen and studied the control panel on the wall. Reverend Burdo lay his hands on Dr. Saurial and Vertebreaker, both hurt in the battle. The villains healed instantly, and stood to join the others.

They used the control panel to enter another room and were instantly set upon by two K’theren, a mob of Drones and four war-spheres (actually, the war-spheres were standing down).

Reverend Burdo gestured at one of the K’tharen, “Welcome to the fold.”

The shark-like alien nodded and attacked his comrade, killing him with a vicious bite to the neck. Angela and Vertebreaker tore into the drones, scattering them into smashed pieces. Isis saw a rack of weapons and ran over, loading up on power blades and gyrojet rifles.

Searching around the chamber, UPS and Scrape found a secret passage in a bathroom: stairs leading down. An elevator stood nearby, also indicating descent (buttons for lower floors only).

The villains sent the ‘converted’ K’tharen and all the surviving minions down the elevator as a distraction. They then took the stairs down the secret passage.

Downstairs, they found Hydra’s bedroom. A heart-shaped bed was the only tribute to luxury. Along one wall, a bank of monitors showed camera views from the entire lair. In the next room over, it appeared, the minions had already engaged more K’tharen, droids and war-spheres. More interesting yet, a V’sori in intricate battle armor watched the proceedings, directing the aliens. Ikaran!

The villains surged through the door, plowing into the remaining aliens! “Leave Ikaran to me!” shouted Dr. Omega as he triggered his teleportation circuitry.

With a popping sound of displaced air, he disappeared from the bedroom and appeared next to Ikaran. He pressed the business end of his stun wand to the V’sori’s unarmored neck. Sparks flew from the weapon.

Nothing happened.

Ikaran turned his gaze on the mad Doctor, his eyes were beginning to glow with directed psychic power.

Dr. Omega stood, frozen in shock. “Hi.”

“Dad!” Vertebreaker was still by the bedroom door, trying to pick the best part of the combat to charge into. Seeing his “father” in danger catapulted him into action! He tore the heavy metal door from its hinges and hurled it at Ikaran with all of his might.

The door stuck the V’sori in the base of his back. There was a crumpling sound as his armor crumpled from the sheer force of the blow. His bones fared little better. The Battle Master hit the ground, unconscious and bleeding internally.

By the time Dr. Omega had a hasty psi-nullifier banded to the V’sori’s head, the battle was over. Paco, one of the Omega Minions, had discovered Hydra himself, alive and kept in some sort of liquid-filled stasis tube!

Paco had released him (quite the clever one, that Paco) and Hydra teetered on the edge of consciousness. “Meros…he came to me, tried to make me forget…but I remember…I-“

“Fascinating.” Dr. Omega looked around, surveying the carnage his Omega Men had wrought. Dr. Saurial and Isis had even found the blue ‘telephone booth’ that Dr. Destruction had wanted.

Dr. Saurial also collected a large quantity of the liquid that the V’sori had Hydra floating in. Apparently the liquid negates super-powers. Saurial showed Dr. Omega how he could use a little to enhance his psi-dampener and then took the rest away in a mason jar.

Dr. Omega gestured for everyone to remove their comm beads and turned on his jamming device again. “Gather up all the tech that we can fit into the truck, along with the box. Dress Hydra in the robes of one of my dead minions. We’ll hide him at the Omega Dome. We know where his daughter is…and who has her. I’m betting that Hydra will be a valuable ally in taking down Dr. Destruction…permanently.”

Vertebreaker tapped Dr. Omega on the shoulder.

“What is it…son?”

Verebreaker displayed what passes for a smile, for him. “Um, where’s the PSI-borg, Pa? Did you leave it upstairs?”

“Indeed. I would have loved to have unleashed it in the crucible of combat, but it would not fit in the elevator or down the stairs. Or in the door. So I told it to wait upstairs.”

“Isn’t that dangerous? What if it turns on you?”

“Ah, Vertebreaker, you have so much to learn about life. I took the psychic brain of an alien warlord who I’d tortured for weeks and almost killed and placed it into a twenty foot tall killing machine. There is absolutely no way this can go wrong. I certainly haven’t created a dangerous arch-nemesis who’s bound to escape my control someday and wreak terrible revenge.”

“Oh. Ok.” Vertebreaker stomped off to help load the truck.

Dr. Omega checked the restraints on Battle Master Ikaran.

“Oh, my new friend. You and I will be having such…conversations.”

THE END (for now)

Last edited by Gospog on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Episode 5 - Plot Point Campaign SPOILERS! Reply with quote

Quote of the week:
Gospog wrote:
“Ah, Vertebreaker, you have so much to learn about life. I took the psychic brain of an alien warlord who I’d tortured for weeks and almost killed and placed it into a twenty foot tall killing machine. There is absolutely no way this can go wrong. I certainly haven’t created a dangerous arch-nemesis who’s bound to escape my control someday and wreak terrible revenge.”

Lovin' it!

Very cool update. Many thanks!
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreshadowing there?
Gospog
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Foreshadowing there?

Well, more like 'subtle hinting'. Only my GM knows for sure. Razz

But what fun is being an evil mastermind if all my schemes and creations don't blow up in my face?

My Gm is amazing and I have faith in her to punish Dr. Omega for being...Dr. Omega.

-Tom
DaRealJudas
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gospog wrote:
My Gm is amazing ...

No one likes a brownnose... Mr. Green

...but I guess it's okay if you are actually married to your GM. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: