Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardboiled Adventures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would Savage Fans be Interested in Hardboiled Adventures?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 36 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 40

Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Hardboiled Adventures Reply with quote

Arbor Productions is strongly considering a series of affordable PDF adventures featuring the Hardboiled setting. The adventures will be in an anthology format with a connecting interlude between each part, as well as an adventure generator for GMs to continue on in between volumes. The main purpose, to start, is to serve as an introduction to the setting and begin the exploration of the twisting city and its various plots.

The poll says the rest.

Regards,
Lord Soth
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes because my life is busy enough without having to create the adventure each and every time. I'm very much looking forward to Hardboiled, as urban fantasy/detective fiction is my favorite genre. Seems like there's a slew of book series out there now for this very focused sub-genre.
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Soth wrote:
I voted yes because my life is busy enough without having to create the adventure each and every time.

Exactly! Mr. Green

And the way the adventures are designed, you'll have 4 adventures in the anthology, plus one-sheet interludes, plus a small adventure generator in the back to help keep you going.

Oh, and let's not forget the one-sheets and other goodies that will be coming to the new company website.

Regards,
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer adventures in PDF format. It allows me to print handouts easily (as necessary), and I can GM them from the laptop or print them. In the end it comes out as about the same cost as buying it pre-printed, and I have a more versatile product.

The only time this isn't the case is when a PDF is locked and not bookmarked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing I love most about these adventures is the chance to really give people a feel for the Hard Boiled world and immerse them in all its Supernatural Noir goodness. Plus, in the bang-for-your-buck category, a whole campaign can spring from this that's totally seperate from the Plot Points in the book or you can combine them all for a tough and desperate journey into the darkness and madness that is Hard Boiled.
jdpb1
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big "YES" vote from me. Full adventures, plot points, one sheets, and adventure generators are a HUGE help for me. I just don't have the time/inclination/skill to create adventures out of whole cloth without a solid framework to build on.

The likelihood of me buying & supporting an interesting setting is greatly increased when there is adventure support from the publisher.

I'm looking forward to this setting!

Joe
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike with my experiences under the M&M Superlink license, I know Savage fans love a ton of support for the product lines.

To that end, Hardboiled, Autumn Arbor: City of Legends, and future settings will be 100% supported. The Assistant Line Developers are busy on that end, designing PDF Adventures, one-sheets, adventure cards, adventure generators, Plot-Point campaigns, and a host of other support to make life easier for GMs out there who just don't have the time to go through creating everything on their own anymore.

Not only that, we're having a lot of fun creating the material, which is always a plus!

Oh, and all PDFs are fully bookmarked. I don't see a real reason to lock them either, as if someone wants to pirate us, locking a PDF won't stop them.

Regards,
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arbor_Productions wrote:
Oh, and all PDFs are fully bookmarked. I don't see a real reason to lock them either, as if someone wants to pirate us, locking a PDF won't stop them.

That's what I've been saying for a long time. Locking a PDF only inhibits paying customers. Someone with piracy in mind sees a locked PDF as a small hindrance, not a preclusion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gryffen88
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Hard boiled Reply with quote

I just love the thought of this product But I hate having to wait, but wait I will.
This is going to be a great years for Savages!

Gryffen
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now that I got info from Shane on super-powers, expect production on Autumn Arbor: City of Legends to also pick-up speed. Plus, it'll have all the support we are doing for Hardboiled.

Both are planned to be previewed at Con on the Cobb this October.
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I voted yes because I want to see Hardboiled products as soon as possible. Very Happy Being a fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and the old D6 setting Bloodshadows, I can't wait for this product.
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began full playtesting with my group last night, using the first adventure in Harsh Tales, "The Big Score". Everyone had a blast and played their characters to the hilt.

It's really amazing to see the game, which has existed on paper and in my head until now, come to life in play and it was probably the most fun I've had GMing in a very long time.

Definitely some good times ahead.
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Are you going to be running Hardboiled at Con on the Cob?
pineappleleader
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armos Black wrote:
Well I voted yes because I want to see Hardboiled products as soon as possible. Very Happy Being a fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and the old D6 setting Bloodshadows, I can't wait for this product.

Ditto.

Possibly the Most Dangerous Pineapple in the Universe. Possibly Not.
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armos Black wrote:
Sounds great! Are you going to be running Hardboiled at Con on the Cob?

That was the original plan, but then my school schedule sort of put a wrench in the works. So, no CotC for me this year. Sad

I may end up taking some photos of some of our games here at home. My group loved the game so much that they're talking about dressing in character next time.

If I have the time, I may do a write-up of some of our adventures on LiveJournal and just keep the threads invisible until the game releases. That way everyone can see the game in action, so to speak.

Last edited by bloodshadows on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloodshadows wrote:

If I have the time, I may do a write-up of each of some of our adventures on LiveJournal and just keep the threads invisible until the game releases. That way everyone can see the game in action, so to speak.

That would be quite cool.
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Bloodshadows at Con on Cob make me sad, but your other ideas sound great man.

I totally understand the school thing having just graduated myself. Bachelors or Masters?
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armos Black wrote:
No Bloodshadows at Con on Cob make me sad, but your other ideas sound great man.

I totally understand the school thing having just graduated myself. Bachelors or Masters?

Just a quick Associates in Graphic Design.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: