Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DLR] Gm Screen Inserts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalMage
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: [DLR] Gm Screen Inserts? Reply with quote

Are there any official screen inserts for Deadlands Reloaded? I can use the generic GM inserts for Savage Worlds but I would like some artwork for the other side of the screen.

If nothing else, what is the artwork like on the d20 and Classic GM screen insert PDFs - does teh former have "d20" across the screen artwork?

Cheers!
DigitalMage
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got any suggestions on where I can get some GM screen artwork for Deadlands: Reloaded?
C.A.Pryde
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is your friend. Just do an image search for "Deadlands" and "Weird West," and you'll turn up some stuff (I just did both of these, and found some nice maps and things).
DigitalMage
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.A.Pryde wrote:
Google is your friend. Just do an image search for "Deadlands" and "Weird West," and you'll turn up some stuff (I just did both of these, and found some nice maps and things).

I guess I could make my own, I just have to juggle it to fit in the screen - not that easy as I have to be sure that when I print it A4 and trim it to fit the screen it works.

I guess in leiu of any official inserts I will create my own (but not in time for tomorrow's game Sad

Thanks anyway
phantomwhale
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just poking around with the same request so thought I'd put my mark here, so to speak.

DigitalMage - I notice you mention A4, which leads me to suggest you are a fellow Brit !

I just picked up my GM screen from a US supplier and realised of course that it's set for US paper sizes. Think my printer will cope with the paper size, but it's proving hard to find a cheap source to get a few sheets of blank US letter paper from !

Bit bummed about paying a few dollars for an older deadlands screen on RPGnow just to get some nice artwork for my players side, and then needing to hand build some useful GM side sheets, but that's the best option I can find right now. Even with google !

Any news of a proper DL:R screen going into production anytime would be heartily received (or any news of any homebuilt jobs - in A4 or US letter size !)

Cheers,
PW
DigitalMage
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomwhale wrote:
DigitalMage - I notice you mention A4, which leads me to suggest you are a fellow Brit !

I am indeed Smile

phantomwhale wrote:
but it's proving hard to find a cheap source to get a few sheets of blank US letter paper from !

I just print A4 and then trim the paper down.

The general SW GM screen inserts work fine for Deadlands (though the older version did have the Huckster backfire chart on it) its just the artwork I want.

Currently I just have the deadlands map on the middle front panel, leaving the others blank.
rappetou
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some advices see below

Last edited by rappetou on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
rappetou
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some digital art specialized site like cgsociety.org, inetgrafx.at and the like... you can find good landscape image there and resize it with a graphics editor software (resolution at 150>300ppp recommended for printing)

you can do a google search whith the name of an artist too or look for his homepage at well

enjoy Wink
Red-24
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a decent Deadlands:Reloaded screen. Email me privately if you want me to send you a copy.
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of Red-24's GM Screen Inserts from him. They're pretty awesome. I'd certainly recommend them to all you folks looking for GM inserts for your Deadlands Screen.

I am looking for Deadlands art to use on the Players side of the screen. The insert that came in the screen when I bought it mentions a Deadlands Inserts on it, unfortunately I can't seem to find it listed on the Studio 2 website. Do you folks happen to have any recommendations for good Deadlands art for the outside of the screen? Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Cripple X on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I downloaded my inserts they came with some excellent artwork for the front... There are a couple great montages with 3 stacked pictures on one side and a larger on the other, for example...

Not sure what happened to them.
Red-24
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given both my Deadlands:Reloaded and Solomon Kane screen inserts to Shane and he ensures me they will be posted as freebies on the site. They got held up by the other recent releases.

I think (but am not sure) that they will be including image art for the screen inserts. I did up my own for Solomon Kane and gave those to Shane as well. For Deadlands I used the ones that came with the screen inserts that PEG used to sell.
supercOntra
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say your inserts for DLR were awesome.
Red-24
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supercOntra wrote:
I gotta say your inserts for DLR were awesome.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to post how I made my own customizable 4 panel GM screen as well. Wink
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I knew if they were releasing art with Red-24's screen, and if so how long till it's posted. My Deadlands game is going to be starting the 21st and I'd like to have my screen ready with Fancy art for the players to help get them in the mood.
phantomwhale
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the GM screen inserts available on the website - cool stuff !

I see you have four panels... but my official GM screen only has three panels... Wargh ! Choices to be made !

Did note that no artwork was included - shame Sad Might have to dig about for some nice art for to print for the outside.

Also see some of the Errata's were added (Gatling pistol doing 2d6+1 damage) - excellent work. Whip is still down as "Special" damage, which I think is errata'd to Str+d4 according to http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128365&sid=4d0eaf8355268e225174e356947b3001

Thanks for the freebie Red-24 / Savage team. Putting together quite a mean Deadlands game here, just need some pesky players now.
Red-24
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I had four pages is that my customizable screen is home built and has for panels. It's easy enough to do with some cardboard, glue stick, plastic page protectors and masking tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: