Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Mass Battle Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Another Mass Battle Question Reply with quote

I didn't notice this on my read through, only when it came up in play....

In the second stage of mass combat, when the heroes are rolling their fighting rolls, to see what modifiers they can contribute to the battle rolls in stage 3....

What do they use as the target number for their fighting roll?

In normal combat it would be the Parry of their opponent - but in a mass battle, their roll represents fighting with many different opponents, who may or may not all have the same parry.

So do you work out an appropriate parry score, or do you use a target number of 4, as that's the default target number, unless something else is specified.

I went with TN=4, as it was lower and I wanted to be kind to them! But I'm interested to know what the official answer would be.

Many thanks - it's fab to have somewhere to come with questions like this.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Another Mass Battle Question Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
I didn't notice this on my read through, only when it came up in play....

In the second stage of mass combat, when the heroes are rolling their fighting rolls, to see what modifiers they can contribute to the battle rolls in stage 3....

What do they use as the target number for their fighting roll?

In normal combat it would be the Parry of their opponent - but in a mass battle, their roll represents fighting with many different opponents, who may or may not all have the same parry.

So do you work out an appropriate parry score, or do you use a target number of 4, as that's the default target number, unless something else is specified.

I went with TN=4, as it was lower and I wanted to be kind to them! But I'm interested to know what the official answer would be.

Many thanks - it's fab to have somewhere to come with questions like this.

Yep, it's just a 4. Only if you give the heroes a specific foe with a defined Parry (an option in the Whispers article) would it be anything else.

Wiggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: