Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Shark Bytes] Article Assignments; Necessary Evil Issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the new process for assigning Shark Bytes articles?
I dig it.
100%
 100%  [ 14 ]
I'm totally not digging it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: [Shark Bytes] Article Assignments; Necessary Evil Issue Reply with quote

Hey everyone! We've got a new process for getting issues into shape (yes, the word process implies that I'm not doing it myself anymore), one that will make it possible to get Shark Bytes onto the quarterly schedule I promised a while back. As always, we need your help!

The next issue (after the imminent Deadlands issue) will be chock full of good stuff for Necessary Evil. Here's where you come in -- we already know what articles we need, we just need some brave Savages to write them! It's easy...if you can make a Novice villain for NE and put him into the official stat block format, you can submit to Shark Bytes.

As we get volunteers for various articles, I'll edit this post to reflect current assignments. Once you sign up to do an article, you'll have 30 days to complete it. If real life steps in and prevents you from doing it, no sweat! Just let us know a.s.a.p. so we can assign it to someone else. I've already assigned an article to myself, so you can see what that looks like below.

We may be the current custodians of Shark Bytes, but it really belongs to each and every Savage. I figure this process will put development back where it belongs: in public. You'll be able to see what's coming in the next issue, see which articles have been completed, or just keep tabs on our progress.

Thanks for helping out, everyone, whether by writing or reading! If you have any suggestions for improving this process, please post 'em right in this thread.

Without further ado...

The Necessary Evil Issue

---Artwork---

Commissioned new cover by Storn
Interior Art by Storn (through Creative Commons agreement)

---The Arcane Tome---

We need new Powers and Trappings for villains. Single-power submissions OK.

RECEIVED
New Powers/Trappings, by Mad Tinkerer

---The Edge of Reason---

Need new Edges for villains. Single-Edge submissions OK.

RECEIVED
New Edge, by Savage Jason

---New Recruits---

Ready-to-play starting characters, strictly by the book. Single character submissions OK.

RECEIVED
Novice Villains, by M. A. Cutter

---The Stuff of Legend---

We need a few Legendary super villains (or heroes) for use as NPCs in an NE campaign. Single character submissions OK.

RECEIVED
11 Villains for NE, by Wiggy

--Let Me Tell You a Story...---

NE fiction, game reports, one-paragraph adventure seeds, etc. We need 'em.

RECEIVED
Short adventure notes / plot hooks, by Noshrok Grimskull

---Cryptozoological Society---

The V'Sori can make use of the flora and fauna of their entire empire in their campaign to subjugate Earth. We need the stats on some of these alien creatures! Single creature submissions OK.

RECEIVED
Alien Creatures for NE, by Bretbo

---I Love An Adventure---

Any short adventures for NE out there? Anyone like to try their hand at writing one?

RECEIVED (due January 7, 2008)
The Heist, by Kalan

---Around the World ---

Locations in the world of NE. Where can villains go besides Star City? We need to know.

---What We Talk About When We Talk About Games---

Discuss the game of Savage Worlds itself, by introducing new concepts, and more detailed or alternative explanations and uses for rules.

RECEIVED
Unbelievable Bastards: How to Run a Kick-Butt Necessary Evil Campaign, by M. A. Cutter.

RECEIVED
A GMís Guide to the Vísori, Omega, and Dr. Destruction, by the inimitable Clint Black.

RECEIVED
New Rule Sidebars (2), by Wiggy

---Rally the Troops!---

Mass Combat in NE!! Is it even possible? Anyone want to take a crack at it?

---Other Articles---

We're always accepting other articles, for settings besides Necessary Evil. Got an idea? Let us know!

So...any volunteers?

Best,
Cutter

Last edited by Cutter XXIII on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:49 am; edited 11 times in total
Kalan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning/afternoon to ye Cutter Smile

I'd be willing to put together either an adventure set in the NE universe, or some short fiction (perhaps both as time allows).

So consider this my official "tossing hat into ring" post Smile Hope to hear from ye soon with specifics Smile

V
http://www.kalanskorner.com
New Cool Stuff coming soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have to be a full adventure? Or can I contribute a set of short adventure notes / plot hooks as well?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalan wrote:
I'd be willing to put together either an adventure set in the NE universe, or some short fiction (perhaps both as time allows)

Both would be great, but for now I'll put you down for an adventure if that's okay.

Noshrok Grimskull wrote:
Does it have to be a full adventure? Or can I contribute a set of short adventure notes / plot hooks as well?

Nope...short, one-paragraph adventure seeds will go under "Let Me Tell You a Story..."

May I put you down for that, Sir? Wink
Kalan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
Kalan wrote:
I'd be willing to put together either an adventure set in the NE universe, or some short fiction (perhaps both as time allows)

Both would be great, but for now I'll put you down for an adventure if that's okay.

By your command Wink
http://www.kalanskorner.com
New Cool Stuff coming soon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
Noshrok Grimskull wrote:

Nope...short, one-paragraph adventure seeds will go under "Let Me Tell You a Story..."

May I put you down for that, Sir? Wink

Yep. Count me in.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All righty...articles assigned! Remember, just because we have an article planned for a given category doesn't mean we won't accept more of the same. In other words, more adventures is cool!

Step right up, folks...who's next? Cool
Savage Jason
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flaked on my submission for the Deadlands issue, but I've got a nifty idea for a new edge, and maybe a short story if I can get over the story writing jitters.

Mike Shipley, 1984 to 2008, creator of Angel City

"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb." - G Rodriguez
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Jason, I've got you signed up for the Edge. We'd love to see a story too...forget those jitters! Smile

This kinda feels like a pledge drive. Wink

Please, please, look into your hearts, find the Necessary Evil that resides there...and give it to us. Savage Jack
Bretbo
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: [Shark Bytes] Article Assignments; Necessary Evil Issue Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
---Cryptozoological Society---

The V'Sori can make use of the flora and fauna of their entire empire in their campaign to subjugate Earth. We need the stats on some of these alien creatures! Single creature submissions OK.

Sign me up for this one, C-man! I've got ideas. Twisted Evil

"The Morphians where once the scourge of the galaxy and often meddled in Earth affairs; now they serve the V'sori as counter-intelligence agents...now you REALLY can't trust that villain fighting next to you!"

Last edited by Bretbo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it, buddy!

"They had conquered a thousand worlds, and made the creatures of those worlds their slaves. Then...they brought them to Star City. And we wept."
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do The Arcane Tome... What are the writing guidelines? Formatting requirements?

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooll! Thanks, MT!

For Powers and Trappings, just format them as they are in the NE book. No need to use the same fonts or anything; just set them up in the same fashion.

If you have need of stat blocks, there's some current guidelines containing that sort of thing.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter, please drop me a line at the usual email address. I may have some articles (various types) you can have for the superhero SB issue.

Wiggy
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
I may have some articles (various types) you can have for the superhero SB issue.

Thanks Wiggy!

You see that, folks? Get yourself published in the next issue, and your work may stand beside that of the unstoppable Wiggy and the irrepressible Clint Black. Smile
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question:
According to the Submission Guidelines, stat blocks should use the SW:EX melee damage coding, but the NE book itself doesn't... So if I wanted to submit any kind of creature with melee damage, which notation do I use?

Oh, and while I'm here, here's a second question: To whom do I send my stuff? Can I just pick any of the editors at random?

Bretbo
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and send your submission to me at bretbo2@yahoo.com. I'm doing an article about creatures/opponents, so if your submission is along those lines than I'm even more "the guy."

As for melee damage, can't speak for the "chief," but I'm sure he'd say to use SW:EX formatting regardless of what version a given setting book is written in.
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks.
Expect to see something in your mailbox soon.

Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailed Cutter some optional rules as well. Might be of use to someone (one is a little number crunchy, but still FFF IMHO).

Wiggy
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bretbo wrote:
As for melee damage, can't speak for the "chief," but I'm sure he'd say to use SW:EX formatting regardless of what version a given setting book is written in.

He knows me so well... Wink

Wiggy wrote:
Mailed Cutter some optional rules as well.

Thanks again for those, Wiggy.

Just popping in to remind those who are working on articles (me too!) that deadlines are rapidly approaching. We will still accept more article proposals too! But we hope to receive some materials on time so we can get to work on editing, layout, and proofing. Thanks, you folks are the best!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: