Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sci-Fi: Nano AB or no?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

AB: Nanotech?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the powers. Are they designed from scratch or just trappings of the existing powers (Environmental Protection and Darksight from the Fantasy Toolkit)? It's if they are the latter, that I'm wondering about why some changes were made.

The new powers are well, new. EP doesn't fit due to it being good in vacuum, providing pressure, etc., so I made something that does fit. I didn't think to look in the Fantasy TK.

The "Core Book Powers" are trappings on existing powers.

-Emiricol
Bill
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackAce wrote:
Emiricol wrote:
4+= nanites effect both the caster and target (if the result would have been success) with the effect. If the caster was the target then the caster is hit with a raise on the effect.

#1icon_hm Any power that the caster would use on himself would be beneficial to him in some way.

So a Backlash would have a 50% chance of making the result better!

The same is true for beneficial powers used on an ally, because with a Backlash/4+, both the target and the caster would gain the benefit.

When I suggested this it was deliberate. I looked at the power and it was much like miracles which did not carry any backlash. Thus I designed a "backlash" that was half bad and half good. I probably should have made that clear.
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a good example of using nanotech as magic, look up Centauri Knights and their Fog Witches.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The One
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, that's a pretty solid writeup, I may borrow it for a setting I'm writing that includes something akin to B5's Technomancer's

One thing I'd suggest is considering Burst power, imagine the nanites cooking up a chemical cocktail that's promptly expelled as a high powered sneeze or vomit attack. It'd go a long way to explain why a lot of people are disgusted with nanite users Smile
Emiricol
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, T.O., thanks
Lustvig
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Nanites Reply with quote

For another system, take a look at my blog under Fun with Nanotech. It is a conversion of the Gamma World 6th edition rules on personal nano which you may find useful...

http://jamiesonfactors.blogspot.com/search/label/gamma%20world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: