Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer Templates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Effect of using Warhammer templates in a Savage Worlds game
Who cares?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doesn't matter, as long as you are consistant
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Hell no, it changes a major mechanic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I use them and like it much better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I tried them, and it just didn't work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I use the official templates because...they are official!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

grubman
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Warhammer Templates? Reply with quote

OK, Warhammer templates are cool. They are hard plastic, and you can see through them to the miniatures below...and for $5, you can't beat the price.

Of course, the Large Burst is an inch in diameter smaller than the SW Large Burst Template, and an inch bigger than the Medium Burst Template.

The Small Burst template is, what, and inch and a half smaller thant he SW medium template, and way bigger than the small.

The Flame template looks an inch shorter than the SW cone template.

So does this cause any massive game altering effects? Does it really matter that much at all?
chatterbox
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted that it doesn't matter, as long as you're consistent.

I considered getting some of the clear templates from Gale Force Nine, they're somewhat close in sizes as well. I'm probably just going to try printing the templates on a transparency though, I saw some printed on them and they look cool (full color, of course).
grubman
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chatterbox wrote:
II'm probably just going to try printing the templates on a transparency though, I saw some printed on them and they look cool (full color, of course).

I did that once (with the old Star Wars Miniatures game), but they were so flimsy that they really didn't work well. I couldn't hold the long templates out with one hand without them flopping over.

The other templates you mentioned, do you have a link?
scourger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the official templates; but I would use the others, too. As long as it is fun for you, then do it.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a cheap and easy replacement, I use macramé hoops from the local hobby shop. I think six of them ran me about $3, and they fit nicely over any figures on the table. Just get them in 1", 2", and 3" radii, and you'll be all set.

Eventually I'll figure out a way to make the Burst and Strafe templates, but they rarely see use in our games.
WickedRoland
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could find some templates from the Vor minatures game would probably be helpful. The burst temple was one large transparent 6 inch template with each inch radius marked on it. The cone i think lso had lengthes marked as well but not posative. Would have to dig mine out to be sure. Probably hard to find them without buys the boxed set which is out of production so...nevermind! lol
Preatori0us
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the templates yet, as we usually don't use mini's, but I should think as long as you're consistent, as the one choice says, it shouldn't matter.
As I already have the Warhammer ones ready, they might be the ones used.
deadgirl
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit to using whatever is to hand in a game. I have used the GW templates and my players seem happy as long as I keep it consistent within a session. (I'm kind of lucky that none of them are the types to look at the templates and pick powers based on them).

DG
chatterbox
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubman wrote:
The other templates you mentioned, do you have a link?
Sure, Here's the GF9 Store . The one I was looking at was the Multi-Template. Also has a description of all the aspects of the multi-template. The two big bursts are a little small (only 5" and 3"), but the center is a 2" burst (spot on for small burst template). The cone is also an inch or so shorter than the SW cone.
The One
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once saw a site that produced area effect templates out of modelling wire, which allowed you to place them on the battlefield really easily. You can even make them yourself using any stiff wire you can find that'll bend into shape.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One wrote:
I once saw a site that produced area effect templates out of modelling wire, which allowed you to place them on the battlefield really easily.

Was it Steel Sqwire by any chance? They sell those primarily for d20 games, and are really good for that. I'm also a big fan of their FlipMats, which are terrifically useful for any game.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(It won't matter--they're pretty arbitrary anyway.)

Er, I mean...NO! Only official Pinnacle templates have been calculated to within a .00001 inch tolerance under extreme conditions (fire, ice, close proximity of hardcore d20 gamers, etc). Any unauthorized templates brought into our game shall result in severe punishment.

First you will have all your real-life bennies taken away.

A second infraction will result in losing your status as a Wild Card. (Just try making your morning coffee without a wild die, mister!)

A final infraction sentences you to banishment from the savage kingdom, where you will spend the remainder of your days in the mind-numbing hell of the most complicated RPG we can find.

Smile

Shane Savage Jack
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Sheriff Bart voice... "Do what he say! Do what he say!"

Wiggy
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
(It won't matter--they're pretty arbitrary anyway.)

Er, I mean...NO! Only official Pinnacle templates have been calculated to within a .00001 inch tolerance under extreme conditions (fire, ice, close proximity of hardcore d20 gamers, etc). Any unauthorized templates brought into our game shall result in severe punishment.

A second infraction will result in losing your status as a Wild Card. (Just try making your morning coffee without a wild die, mister!)

A final infraction sentences you to banishment from the savage kingdom, where you will spend the remainder of your days in the mind-numbing hell of the most complicated RPG we can find.

Smile

Shane Savage Jack

Y'know, Shane, some brands of decaf taste just as good as the real thing ... Very Happy
grubman
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:

A second infraction will result in losing your status as a Wild Card.

Who cares about the final punishment...without these two my chance of getting sex from the wife are about nil!
chatterbox
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubman wrote:
Who cares about the final punishment...without these two my chance of getting sex from the wife are about nil!
C'mon Shane, all us other players think grubman deserves a benny for that!

Also: 0.00001 of an inch... I guess i should reprint some templates with "fit to page" checked. Or was that unchecked... I can never remember!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: