Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[TOD] Courage Under Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judge Holden
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: [TOD] Courage Under Fire Reply with quote

"... the number of wounding attacks your character can ignore while standing
and commanding your troops."

I'm slightly confused by the wording of this edge. Does it mean a) you get a certain amount of wound levels that you can ignore, or does it mean b) that you can ignore a certain amount of wounding attacks, no matter how many wounds those attacks would inflict?

For example the commander gets shot in the head and it does 46+ damage and this works out to 10 wounds. This is only one attack, is that correct?

Also, what constitutes 'standing and commanding your troops'? Does the edge work if you are ambushed and you happen to be picking your nose and daydreaming so long as you are standing up and out in the open?

- Dave Foley
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: [TOD] Courage Under Fire Reply with quote

Judge Holden wrote:
"... the number of wounding attacks your character can ignore while standing
and commanding your troops."

I'm slightly confused by the wording of this edge. Does it mean a) you get a certain amount of wound levels that you can ignore, or does it mean b) that you can ignore a certain amount of wounding attacks, no matter how many wounds those attacks would inflict?

For example the commander gets shot in the head and it does 46+ damage and this works out to 10 wounds. This is only one attack, is that correct?

Also, what constitutes 'standing and commanding your troops'? Does the edge work if you are ambushed and you happen to be picking your nose and daydreaming so long as you are standing up and out in the open?

It means "b." Your example is correct--that is a single attack. The number of wounds inflicted doesn't matter.

A daydreaming officer would not count as being in command. He isn't actively leading his men--they're simply following him. If he was warning them to watch their spacing and keep their eyes peeled, the bonus would apply. The latter is actively commanding.

The Edge basically rewards officers who lead from the front and fight with their men rather than lurking at the rear and shouting orders.

Wiggy
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: [TOD] Courage Under Fire Reply with quote

Judge Holden wrote:

Yes. Whether the attack does 1 wound or 10, it is a single attack for purposes of this Edge.

And just to further clarify, Soak rolls occur before damage is applied, so the player has to make that choice without knowing if he has any more uses of this Edge left.

Judge Holden wrote:

Well, "picking your nose and daydreaming" doesn't sound like "commanding your troops" which is equally listed as a requirement. That said, unless the player is specifically stating that he is doing something counter to commanding his troops like that, then most likely the character is doing what is necessary to command his troops appropriately. If he does state an action like that, then the GM definitely has the perogative to tell him the Edge doesn't apply.

That does bring up one key requirement here though; if the character doesn't have any troops in his command radius (remember the increase for this Edge), then he would not get the benefit from the Edge.

Edit: Wiggy beat me to the punch. Wink

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: