Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage "no-prizes" for worthy forum users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should a "savage no-prize" be introduced?
Yes, certainly.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes, provided they change the name.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No, the recognition I get by having my posts answered by the "Savage Godfathers" is enough for me.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No, if it doesn't pay I just don't care.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Little Indian #5
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Savage "no-prizes" for worthy forum users Reply with quote

Okay, I'm taking this over from the "Hey, Pinnacle!"-forum so we can discuss it here (and have a poll without using up the bandwidth in the other forum):

This community is really one of the nicest and most helpful online features I've ever come across - for any rpg system or other game. The Savages here are always willing to get into a disccussion, that, while occasionally passionate, ist always friendly and factual (unlike in many other forums).

What ist more, many of the posts here have helped me very much in my GMing by answering rules questions, posting interesting links or generously sharing whatever the person in question felt others might find useful.

Therefore, I suggest that people who increase the value of these forums by sharing stuff they have put a lot of work into, by taking the time to research things and so on should recieve some token of appreciation from Pinnacle. Marvel Comics did this in the seventies and eighties and they called it a no-prize (hence the title of this topic). Certainly the Savages in this forum can come up with a better name, one that is more F!F!F! (and probably worth the first no-prize itself).

This prize need not be of monetary value (though I'm sure we would all appreciate free stuff - or cash, for that matter), but it could be a honorary mention in a printed or online product, a posting (think "savage of the month") online or just a personal e-mail from Shane, Clint, Wiggy or whomever. Maybe they'll give you a free Savage Energy Drink at the next convention they're visiting. Just a small something to say "thank you".
I believe that Pinnacle (and the Savage Worlds Line especially) profit very much from its active fan base, expecially online. And though I find it very nice (and rewarding in itself) that practically all the decision-making people at Pinnacle actively support this forum, being able to claim that you won a fabled "Savage no-prize", maybe even with a little sing next to your online avatar, would be really nice.

So, what do you think about this?

I already have the fiorst two nominees, by the way (just the people who most recently impressed me with their posts):

Storn, for sharing his amazing artwork:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5263

Poody, for the fantastic adventure card generator:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14040
Little Indian #5
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, the official verdict is in now (thanks for the fast reaction) and it is "Thanks,but no thanks":

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164546#164546

As sorry as I am about the reply, I think I can understand the motivation (if not the reasoning) behind it.

Comments, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: