Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unofficial race conversions for Dragon Kings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Unofficial race conversions for Dragon Kings Reply with quote

Deleted, sorry, I've been told this is against the forum rules.

Last edited by Zadmar on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigmac133
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i like what you have done here and am planning on running a fantasy game using these races slightly modified for my setting, the problem is, in the entry for Chindi there is a racial hatred specified towards the Bev al-Khim. Then as i read down the list i couldn't see the Bev al-Khim listed anywhere. now i was wondering if you could detail them for me as well, if not i'll make something up to fit the niche.

Cheers
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bev al-Khim (aka "the Pale") are the agents and ambassadors of the Black Fortress. There's not a lot of information about them in the World Book, but they seem to be one of the major factions of the setting, and are presumed to be behind the wanton plunder of the world. Their main role seems to be that of BBEGs, and they have their fingers in a lot of pies.
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the pachytaur, Instead of the -1 bennie (that you said you didn't really like) why not just take away the +1 Armor? They already have +4 toughness, and 1 armor isn't really enough to be something a player is likely to rely on (in other words they're probably going to buy armor). This requires removing 1 of the hindrances from the Watu, though I guess.
bigmac133
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively you could do what i did and replace the -1 benny with a cost modifier for items in shops (as Pachytaur Items would be considerably larger than human ones and therefore more expensive)

i just double the cost of items for these here elephant men, in my setting i made a few modifications to the race (they are bi-pedal) but i think the cost modifier balances well

and with a pachytaur toughness being around 10-13(1) they are monsters in combat anyway and don't need store bought armour in my opinion Smile

food for thought

(Edit - they can by normal items at normal costs but armour wont fit and weapons are usable with a penalty)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: