Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Pirates of the Spanish Main questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddystabz
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Some Pirates of the Spanish Main questions Reply with quote

1) For the innocent bystander rule in which you hit an adjacent character when you get a result of a 1 on your Shooting die, do you still go with the 1 on the Shooting die even if you rolled a good result on the Wild die? Another words, do you ignore the Wild die when you get a 1 on the Shooting die result in this circumstance?

2) I see the target number is stated in the core rulebook as a 4. Is this always the target number for any kind of roll that isn't tied to a Trait or is an Opposed roll or isn't modified by another factor? I was a little unclear on the 4 TN.

3) In running Initiative I was a bit confused about after the cards are dealt to each player the book says the GM then calls out the ace and then the deuce....does this mean the GM starts with the first suit in the order it states in the book (Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs) until the players call out they have the card he just called? Then the player that has that card the GM called would declare their action I assume??

4) Again on Initiative, it seems a Joker allows a player to go at anytime in the round they wish or to be on hold for the next round and not be dealt in. Does this mean the player can go at any time in the round he was not dealt in as well or does he have to start off the round before anyone else with his action?

5) Can someone explain Shaken to me please? I haven't noticed a good explanation for it yet in my reading so far. When the character is a victim of being Shaken does that mean he cannot act again that round?

Thanks!
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Some Pirates of the Spanish Main questions Reply with quote

daddystabz wrote:
1) For the innocent bystander rule in which you hit an adjacent character when you get a result of a 1 on your Shooting die, do you still go with the 1 on the Shooting die even if you rolled a good result on the Wild die? Another words, do you ignore the Wild die when you get a 1 on the Shooting die result in this circumstance?

No, it says "each miss that comes up a 1 on the Shooting die." That means the Wild Die must be less than the target number as well. The rule applies more often in modern games with automatic weapons spraying lead round. In Pirates, with single shot weapons, Wild Cards won't hit Innocent Bystanders quite as often.

Quote:

2) I see the target number is stated in the core rulebook as a 4. Is this always the target number for any kind of roll that isn't tied to a Trait or is an Opposed roll or isn't modified by another factor? I was a little unclear on the 4 TN.

Yes. Except for Parry, Toughness, and Opposed Rolls, TNs are 4. Modifiers may then apply.

Quote:

3) In running Initiative I was a bit confused about after the cards are dealt to each player the book says the GM then calls out the ace and then the deuce....does this mean the GM starts with the first suit in the order it states in the book (Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs) until the players call out they have the card he just called? Then the player that has that card the GM called would declare their action I assume??

Initiative is called counting down from Ace to the Deuce. You simply call out Ace, King, Queen. No need to call out suits. If two players say yes to the same card, say a king, then spades go before hearts who go before diamonds who go before clubs.

Quote:

4) Again on Initiative, it seems a Joker allows a player to go at anytime in the round they wish or to be on hold for the next round and not be dealt in. Does this mean the player can go at any time in the round he was not dealt in as well or does he have to start off the round before anyone else with his action?

The bit on Joker's says you can go "anytime in the round." That means the round you were dealt the joker. If you go on Hold until the next round, your card loses its Joker status. A held card has no value and no suit--it's just a marker to show you can interrupt.

Quote:

5) Can someone explain Shaken to me please? I haven't noticed a good explanation for it yet in my reading so far. When the character is a victim of being Shaken does that mean he cannot act again that round?

Shaken covers everything from being flustered by a Taunt roll and wincing in pain from a hit.

I'm not sure what you meant by "cannot act again that round." Characters only get one go to act, on their action card. They can do multiple actions (such as run and fight) but only when their card is called. Some Edges give you multiple cards, but you only ever pick one for your actual action card.

A Shaken character can try to become unShaken (a Spirit roll) on his next action card. If he has acted this round, he must wait until his next go, or spend a benny to remove the condition (which he can do at any time he wants).

For instance, Dave has a 3 of Clubs action card. He gets Shaken on a Jack by a villain. When Dave's card is called, he makes a Spirit roll. If he succeeds, he is not Shaken but his go ends. With a raise, he is unShaken and can continue his turn as if he was never Shaken. A failure means he stays Shaken.

Hope that helps!

Wiggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: