Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Pulp Gear TK] Aircraft Mods & Related Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud Divider
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: [Pulp Gear TK] Aircraft Mods & Related Questions Reply with quote

A few questions for the Powers That Be, regarding the Pulp Gear Toolkit, primarily about aircraft construction.

For several options, the monetary and space cost of several mods are based on the Size Category of the base aircraft.

I'm fairly sure they don't mean "Size Categories" in the same way characters have Size (ie Small, Large, Huge, Gargantuan, etc).

I presume they mean Light/Medium/Heavy, and Bomber.

I've separated Bomber intentionally. Is it the intention that Bomber is the 4th Size Category? Thus a mod that costs 1/Size (such as Increased Torque), costs 4 Space units?

Spaces go pretty quick - I tried to build the B-17B and ended up 2 points overbudget, trying to get traits that match. I'm thinking I may need to invent a few other Bomber-class chassis (Light, Medium, and Heavy).

Second, is there a way to get additional Spaces?

Third, while Fighters need Dual Cockpit to handle additional crew that get to do things (like shoot), how does it work for Bombers?

Fourth, does the default Toughness value include the baseline Armor for a given Chassis? For instance, a Light Fighter has a Toughness of 10 and 2 points of armor. I'm assuming it means the final statblock should read Toughness 12(2). Is this correct?

Finally, there seemed to be a few odd printing issues on my PDF (bought from RPGnow). For whatever reason, on several pages I'm only getting the left-hand column. I'll try reprinting it on my home PC as well, to see if that makes a difference...
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: [Pulp Gear TK] Aircraft Mods & Related Questions Reply with quote

Wiggy is the Toolkit master, but I can handle some of this...

Cloud Divider wrote:

I've separated Bomber intentionally. Is it the intention that Bomber is the 4th Size Category? Thus a mod that costs 1/Size (such as Increased Torque), costs 4 Space units?

Yes. See the second paragraph under Modifications...

Quote:
When a modification is based on the size of the plane, such as Camo Paint requiring one space per size of the vehicle, Light equates to 1, Medium 2, Heavy 3, and Bomber 4.

Cloud Divider wrote:
Third, while Fighters need Dual Cockpit to handle additional crew that get to do things (like shoot), how does it work for Bombers?

Look at the Turret modification specifically for bombers. Wiggy would have to confirm, but this may also fill the need for "adding spaces" as I believe a turret takes up no space, but can hold both a gunner and a pair of machineguns (the gun space may count normally; Wiggy can answer that).

Cloud Divider wrote:
Fourth, does the default Toughness value include the baseline Armor for a given Chassis? For instance, a Light Fighter has a Toughness of 10 and 2 points of armor. I'm assuming it means the final statblock should read Toughness 12(2). Is this correct?

Yep.

Cloud Divider wrote:
Finally, there seemed to be a few odd printing issues on my PDF (bought from RPGnow). For whatever reason, on several pages I'm only getting the left-hand column. I'll try reprinting it on my home PC as well, to see if that makes a difference...

Try it and see. If you still have an issue though, contact Simon directly at simon@peginc.com and he'll take care of it as soon as he can.

www.peginc.com
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: [Pulp Gear TK] Aircraft Mods & Related Questions Reply with quote

Cloud Divider wrote:
For several options, the monetary and space cost of several mods are based on the Size Category of the base aircraft.

I'm fairly sure they don't mean "Size Categories" in the same way characters have Size (ie Small, Large, Huge, Gargantuan, etc).

Correct. They've no relation to Large, Huge, etc, since vehicles don't have those categories.

[quoteSpaces go pretty quick - I tried to build the B-17B and ended up 2 points overbudget, trying to get traits that match. I'm thinking I may need to invent a few other Bomber-class chassis (Light, Medium, and Heavy).[/quote]

One simple reason for this--the rules aren't designed to match the stats in SW. All vehicles in SW were created using the "As You Need Method."

Quote:
Second, is there a way to get additional Spaces?

Turrets don't use Spaces, but you don't gain anything back, either. They simply allow a maximum of 2 MGs to fire in a non-fixed manner.

If you need more spaces, you can just add them as needed. The system was designed as a quick system for those who want it or a starting point for your own version. Nothing in any TK is considered a core rule.

Quote:

Bombers automatically come with as many seats/positions as are required to work the guns. The dual cockpit was included for fighters with both front and rear mounted guns designed to work separately, or to allow fighters to carry a passenger.

Wiggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: