Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leadership Edges and stacking bonuses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Leadership Edges and stacking bonuses Reply with quote

Leadership Edges give bonuses on various rolls, and normally bonuses from different edges don't stack, as far as I know. What if a character has, for example, Combat Reflexes (+2 to recover from Shaken) and is commanded by someone with Inspire (allies under your command get +2 to recover from Shaken)? Would this guy get a +4 to recover?

Also, the Legendary Edges Weapon Master and Master of Arms as well as the Edges Block and Improved Block both give bonuses to a character's Parry. These would not stack, though, right?
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Leadership Edges and stacking bonuses Reply with quote

Seeker of Truth wrote:
Leadership Edges give bonuses on various rolls, and normally bonuses from different edges don't stack, as far as I know. What if a character has, for example, Combat Reflexes (+2 to recover from Shaken) and is commanded by someone with Inspire (allies under your command get +2 to recover from Shaken)? Would this guy get a +4 to recover?

They'd stack. Only Professional Edges don't stack.

The NPC (Leadership Edges have no effect on Wild Cards going strictly by the rules), would get +4 to recover from being Shaken if he was within 5" of a leader with Inspire.

Quote:
Also, the Legendary Edges Weapon Master and Master of Arms as well as the Edges Block and Improved Block both give bonuses to a character's Parry. These would not stack, though, right?

They'd stack. If you had all four Edges, you'd have +4 Parry. The highest Parry, without weapon modifiers, would be 13 (Fighting d12+2 (=9), plus Block, Imp Block, Weapon Master, and Master of Arms).

Edit: In a simialr vein, taking Attractive, Very Attractive, and Charismatic does give you +6 Charisma.

Wiggy
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Leadership Edges and stacking bonuses Reply with quote

Seeker of Truth wrote:
Leadership Edges give bonuses on various rolls, and normally bonuses from different edges don't stack, as far as I know.

Well, we can start right here. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, bonuses from different Edges would indeed stack. There is no general rule that says they don't.

The main exception in SW would be Professional Edges, which state in their description the limitation on stacking.

I suppose a secondary "exception" would be Improved versions of Edges that supercede the "lesser" version (i.e. a character with Attractive and Very Attractive has a +4 bonus to Charisma; they don't add the two Edges together for +6).

Seeker of Truth wrote:
What if a character has, for example, Combat Reflexes (+2 to recover from Shaken) and is commanded by someone with Inspire (allies under your command get +2 to recover from Shaken)? Would this guy get a +4 to recover?

So the direct answer is the effects would stack in all these cases.

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: