Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bonuses and multiple Triat rolls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Bonuses and multiple Triat rolls Reply with quote

Assuming a PC has a +2 bonus from intimidate or aim. Aim says, "+2 to his shooring roll" (not plural). Intimidate and taunt say "+2 bonus to his next action"

1 - if they Frenzy attack one target, do they get the +2 to both Fighting rolls (IMO, yes, it's one action, there's no MAP, and only one wild die)
2 - if they have sword and dagger and attack the one target, do they ge +2 with both rolls (IMO, no, it's two different actions, there is a MAP, and each action has it's own wild die
3 - what if they frenzy two targets? IMO, no, and you have to use a different colored die to say, this one has a +2. Not exactly FFF
4 - what about sweep? IMO you only roll once, so you simply apply the +2 against that one target, the one you intimidated or taunted

aim
5 - you all ready said aim appllied to suppressive fire
6 - what about fireing bursts at the same target? say you have an M-16, you fire three 3-round burst, you roll 3 shooting dice and one wild die. It's only one action, but aim doesn't say +2 to your next shooting action, it says +2 to your next shooting rolls. It'd be simpler/easier/FFF to say, sure, +2 to all the rolls. But more RAW (rules as written) to say only one of the rolls gets the +2 to hit; use a different colored die
7 - what about firing a burst at a group? I can't find this in the book, but I'm pretty sure you roll all the dice then pick the targets. If you allowed the aim to be "at the group", you could say each die roll is +2. If not, you'd have to aim at one person in the group, then only the bursts designeted for him (using colored die) get the +2
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bonuses and multiple Triat rolls Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:
Assuming a PC has a +2 bonus from intimidate or aim. Aim says, "+2 to his shooring roll" (not plural). Intimidate and taunt say "+2 bonus to his next action"

1 - if they Frenzy attack one target, do they get the +2 to both Fighting rolls (IMO, yes, it's one action, there's no MAP, and only one wild die)
2 - if they have sword and dagger and attack the one target, do they ge +2 with both rolls (IMO, no, it's two different actions, there is a MAP, and each action has it's own wild die
3 - what if they frenzy two targets? IMO, no, and you have to use a different colored die to say, this one has a +2. Not exactly FFF
4 - what about sweep? IMO you only roll once, so you simply apply the +2 against that one target, the one you intimidated or taunted

You seem to have this right. Just like the book says, the next action against that opponent.

The only thing I might add for Frenzy is that rather than using a different colored die, you could just let the attacker choose which die applied to which target and thus which got the +2 bonus.

Yes, it's a bit of an advantage, but it will make things run faster, it won't make a difference that often, and if both PCs and NPCs use the same rule, it's balanced.

ogbendog wrote:
aim
5 - you all ready said aim appllied to suppressive fire

That I did.

ogbendog wrote:
6 - what about fireing bursts at the same target? say you have an M-16, you fire three 3-round burst, you roll 3 shooting dice and one wild die. It's only one action, but aim doesn't say +2 to your next shooting action, it says +2 to your next shooting rolls. It'd be simpler/easier/FFF to say, sure, +2 to all the rolls. But more RAW (rules as written) to say only one of the rolls gets the +2 to hit; use a different colored die

Aim is +2 to the Shooting roll versus whatever he aimed at.

If a character aims, he is choosing a single target to fire at (Suppression fire is a special case as it allows an area to count as a single "target").

So, a character with Autofire who Aims at a target gets a +2 bonus to all Shooting rolls the next round as long as they are all taken against that one target aimed at.

If the player chooses to shoot at someone else with even one shot, the Aim bonus is lost on all of them as the character has no longer chosen a single target.

ogbendog wrote:
7 - what about firing a burst at a group? I can't find this in the book, but I'm pretty sure you roll all the dice then pick the targets. If you allowed the aim to be "at the group", you could say each die roll is +2. If not, you'd have to aim at one person in the group, then only the bursts designeted for him (using colored die) get the +2

As noted above, it wouldn't apply.

Hope this clears things up. If not, let me know.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: